1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Mar '23 07:37
    Go on, you can say it, you HATE the idea of democracy and are working directly to kill democracy here in the US. People like Metal so-called Brain for instance.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '23 09:44
    @sonhouse said
    Go on, you can say it, you HATE the idea of democracy and are working directly to kill democracy here in the US. People like Metal so-called Brain for instance.
    You have to have a democracy to lose it.
    If voting made a difference it would be illegal.

The Federal Reserve System is your dictatorship.

It has been said that in the wake of Silicon Valley Bank’s implosion and the government’s announcement that it will step in to return money to depositors and shore up the US banking system. But government is not the FRS. The FRS is a privately owned corporation. It was not the government that announced that. It was the privately owned FRS.

Did the FRS get approval from congress to do that? Nope.
    Did the FRS get approval from Biden to do that? Nope.
    Did the FRS bypass all 3 branches of government to bail out banks? YES!

What democracy?
  3. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    27 Mar '23 10:39
    @metal-brain said
    You have to have a democracy to lose it.
    If voting made a difference it would be illegal.

The Federal Reserve System is your dictatorship.

It has been said that in the wake of Silicon Valley Bank’s implosion and the government’s announcement that it will step in to return money to depositors and shore up the US banking system. But government is not the FRS. The ...[text shortened]... t? Nope.
    Did the FRS bypass all 3 branches of government to bail out banks? YES!

What democracy?
    It Would be nice if Sonhouse would explain to us what he means about Democracy. Not the def of it....what he means when he randomly throws the word around. I assume it is the antithesis of 'leave us the hell alone', but I just can't figure sonhouse.
    He will try to tell us in the shadow of arresting a political enemy as did Stalin and Hitler. Oh, and Putin.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Mar '23 10:431 edit
    @AverageJoe1
    Randomly throws words around. I can't help it if you are too dumb to understand any of those words and unable to read past two sentences.
    That is ALWAYS your go to defense, WELL DEFINE DEMOCRACY.
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    27 Mar '23 11:16
    @sonhouse said
    Me. Too bad, too. Universal suffrage was, like Marxism, a cute idea in theory, but in practise it just doesn't work. I think universal suffrage should be replaced by something more rational and sensible, because, as it is, irrational senseless people are voting in great numbers to destroy not only their own freedoms, but everyone's, in the name of a demagogue. So, in the interest of freedom, some people of voting age must be prevented from voting. Sort of like denying alcoholics another drink in a pub. Yes, I realize full well that there is a huge risk involved, that irrational senseless people would simply try to re-introduce Jim Crow laws which would bar Black people from voting, which is not my intent. My intent is to prevent idiots from voting, and by "idiots" I mean people who fall for one conpsiracy theory after another and people who propagate them whether or not they believe them (e.g, Fox News 'personalities', whoever is behind QAnon, Proud Boys, Oath Takers, Branch Davidians, etc.).
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    27 Mar '23 11:251 edit
    If voting is not obligatory, you'll never get a result truly representative of the population, because only the extremists will bother to vote. The majority is apathetic and can always find something more interesting to do. Countries whose populations see voting as a community obligation important to their own futures usually get a better result, because the "sensible centre" far outnumber the fanatics.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Mar '23 11:34
    @moonbus
    All well and good but the real voting issue is gerrymandering and voter suppression, which you have to admit happens more and more frequently, repub zombies want ONLY power any way they can get it which is the antithesis of democracy. They could care less about actual democracy where the people vote and get their people in power. Like right now in Georgia the state legislators have passed a law, not sure if it has been signed by gov yet but one branch of that three part government, remember that bit in the constitution? Fascists first move is to kill DOJ and that is EXACTLY what to call those literal traitors in Georgia. The sad part is now that Georgia has opened the wound the OTHER zombie states WILL attempt the same thing and if enough of that BS goes on, then we WON'T have a democracy anymore and if it is gone, there is no getting it back.
    Does anyone here actually understand that?
    What is going on here is poor downtrodden whites fearing brown skins thinking they will be under brown skins power and are fighting to keep their plurality as long as they can but I hate to spring it on you but the browning of America is going on day by day year by year and there is NOTHING whitey can do about it.
    Instead you have TRUE asssholes like DeSantis PRETENDING he hates LGBTQ and banning books and such but that is all a ploy to pander to his so-called base.
    Banning books like the Rosa Parks story or the law passed saying any teaching about race is forbidden if anyone feels 'discomfort'.
    So that is another breach of democracy right before our very eyes.
    I hope you enjoy the outcome of empty libraries because Puss and Boots are SEXIST and I feel discomfort having to read this filth.

I guess nobody here gives a rats ass whether we lose our democracy or not.
  8. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    27 Mar '23 11:35
    @kewpie said
    If voting is not obligatory, you'll never get a result truly representative of the population, because only the extremists will bother to vote. The majority is apathetic and can always find something more interesting to do. Countries whose populations see voting as a community obligation important to their own futures usually get a better result, because the "sensible centre" far outnumber the fanatics.
    I hope you're not using Aus as an example. Please don't report this post too.
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    27 Mar '23 11:35
    @kewpie said
    An interesting idea, but I still think there should be a minimum cognitive competency test before allowing people to vote. Same as for driving a motor vehicle or opening a medical practise. You don't let just anybody do it, simply because he's reached the age of majority.
  10. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    27 Mar '23 11:39
    @moonbus said
    An interesting idea, but I still think there should be a minimum cognitive competency test before allowing people to vote. Same as for driving a motor vehicle or opening a medical practise. You don't let just anybody do it, simply because he's reached the age of majority.
    What qualifies you for a vote is how much, on net, you've put into the system, your vote should be weighted by how much tax you've paid.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Mar '23 11:421 edit
    @Wajoma
    Yep, that would make for the rich being in charge of voting, no poor people allowed since they have shown by the fact they are poor they cannot POSSIBLY understand any political or policy decisions.

What cognitive test do you envision? Minimum IQ, say 130 MINIMUM to vote?
    Or maybe a road race while you're at it, how many can run 20 miles in one go, no stopping allowed.
    What about the cognitive test of a native tribe knowing the best medicinal plants? I guess you would never want THAT kind of test for voters, right?
    Maybe you have them do a math problem, like simple calculus, what is the optimum use of fencing 100 meters in length, what is the geometric shape that confines the largest area?
    Would any of those do it?
    I would assume HISTORY tests would be outlawed since you would not want it be let out there was slavery in the US, so BURN that traitorous Rosa Parks life story we don't need people to know THAT stuff.
  12. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    27 Mar '23 11:46
    @sonhouse said
    @Wajoma
    Yep, that would make for the rich being in charge of voting, no poor people allowed since they have shown by the fact they are poor they cannot POSSIBLY understand any political or policy decisions.
    Think about it sonhouse, think. They'd vote their tax down which would mean their vote is worth less, that's the beauty, it levels itself, think, think, before type, type.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Mar '23 11:57
    @Wajoma
    One thing, why do you think you have the right to meddle in AMERICAN politics? Why don't you go about attacking your OWN country but I guess you ONLY hate the US so that is your mission in life.
  14. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    27 Mar '23 13:03
    @sonhouse said
    @moonbus
    All well and good but the real voting issue is gerrymandering and voter suppression, which you have to admit happens more and more frequently, repub zombies want ONLY power any way they can get it which is the antithesis of democracy. They could care less about actual democracy where the people vote and get their people in power. Like right now in Georgia the stat ...[text shortened]... ng to read this filth.

I guess nobody here gives a rats ass whether we lose our democracy or not.
    you are a racist piece of 💩
  15. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    27 Mar '23 13:06
    @wajoma said
    What qualifies you for a vote is how much, on net, you've put into the system, your vote should be weighted by how much tax you've paid.
    well, that would disqualify Donald J. Trump. Not a bad idea.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree