Who Is Politicizing Science?

Who Is Politicizing Science?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Contentious

Moves
21 Oct 21

@kevcvs57 said
Anti white sentiment? Say it ain’t so dearie 😢😢
Oh I forgot 🙄

You're one of those people that scream about racism but it's OK 👌 if it's against white people.

You're a hypocrite.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
21 Oct 21

@contenchess said
Oh I forgot 🙄

You're one of those people that scream about racism but it's OK 👌 if it's against white people.

You're a hypocrite.
You really should go on a communication course. You were feeling sorry for yourself because of “anti white sentiment” you cannot legislate against sentiment. If you’d like to talk about white victims of actual racism then go ahead.

PhD

Tallinn

Moves
21 Oct 21

@kevcvs57 said
Science has always been politicised it’s what politicians do, they politicise everything.
Racism, homophobia and transphobia etc are real and they impact people’s lives.
However universities should never be places where you must not hear things that you do not like or agree with, they are meant to be physically safe but intellectually scary if they are fulfilling their remit.
Racism, homophobia and transphobia etc are real. But Abbot's paper was in no way racist or something like that. Making wrong accusations is real as well. Too real.

PhD

Tallinn

Moves
21 Oct 21

@contenchess said
@kevcvs57

You forgot to mention anti white sentiment in your list.

Edit...I guess racism would cover that 🤔
I am afraid that some forms of "anti-racism" are racist indeed.
And the politics Abbot criticized really includes some forms of discrimination. He explained it pretty well.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
21 Oct 21

@eintaluj said
I am afraid that some forms of "anti-racism" are racist indeed.
And the politics Abbot criticized really includes some forms of discrimination. He explained it pretty well.
So right wing and pretending to be centrist, that mystery didn’t last very long did it.
You can be as racist as you like but if your wearing the skin colour that does most of the hiring, firing and law making your racism is an issue in the real world for the other. To pretend that we are all equally disadvantaged by the racism of others is a racist lie.

Contentious

Moves
21 Oct 21

@kevcvs57

I disagree.
I see plenty of businesses hiring their own kind.
It's never called racist unless it's a white business owner.
Of course you think it's OK 👌 that they do that because you are a hypocrite.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Oct 21
1 edit

@contenchess said
@kevcvs57

I disagree.
I see plenty of businesses hiring their own kind.
It's never called racist unless it's a white business owner.
Of course you think it's OK 👌 that they do that because you are a hypocrite.
And then one day you suddenly understand systemic racism and you feel like an idiot.

At least that's the hope that you might become human.

PhD

Tallinn

Moves
21 Oct 21

@kevcvs57 said
So right wing and pretending to be centrist, that mystery didn’t last very long did it.
You can be as racist as you like but if your wearing the skin colour that does most of the hiring, firing and law making your racism is an issue in the real world for the other. To pretend that we are all equally disadvantaged by the racism of others is a racist lie.
You are talking nonsense. Some of those, who call themselves "antiracists", are racists indeed. Saying that makes me neither a right-wing nor a racist.

However, the issue of "anti-whiteness" some people are discussing here, does not really belong to the present discussion. This issue is only loosely related to my initial post and the articles linked in it.

Note also that I am using my real name - it is public on my profile, and my username contains my real name. You, however, are using a pseudonym and you are slandering me here publicly. And you do not address my arguments and you do not present your arguments - you are just ascribing the labels.

Contentious

Moves
21 Oct 21

@suzianne said
And then one day you suddenly understand systemic racism and you feel like an idiot.

At least that's the hope that you might become human.
Nobody screams at those businesses though.

Only the ones owned by white people.

These anti racist crusaders (liberal whites) are too scared to. So they focus on white businesses. Essentially becoming hypocrites.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Oct 21

@contenchess said

These anti racist crusaders (liberal whites) are too scared to. So they focus on white businesses. Essentially becoming hypocrites.
Still not understanding systemic racism yet, I see.

Contentious

Moves
21 Oct 21
1 edit

@Suzianne

Please explain to me why non white business owners can hire only their own kind but white business owners have to meet a quota of a mix of everyone? Even if it means hiring someone less skilled.
I live in a major metropolitan area and I see the quota being forced on white businesses but not on any other race.

m

Moves
21 Oct 21

@contenchess said

Would you work for an African-American business owner ??

Contentious

Moves
21 Oct 21

@mghrn55 said
Would you work for an African-American business owner ??
Why not?

Would you scream at an African American business owner who only hired blacks?
It happens all the time but you anti racist crusaders say nothing.

PhD

Tallinn

Moves
21 Oct 21

I do not live in America. Most of the discussion here remains mysterious to me. I am wondering what is the relevance to my initial post, the articles linked in it, the educational policy the physicist Abbot was criticizing, and the fact that his arguments were not met with counter-arguments but his lecture on geophysics was cancelled instead.

Contentious

Moves
21 Oct 21
2 edits

@EintaluJ

Most of the racial talk here is based on the North American way of life.
Threads can and usually will go off track.
Liberals don't want to go with the best man or woman for the job or school. They think dumb non whites should get extreme affirmative action in every aspect of life when it should be based on skill and merit like in the article.

If it involves someone telling the truth and they are white then you will be labeled a racist and a right winger.
They will also only read links from CNN or some other anti white anti truth media source.

Also, people can clearly see you are academically smarter than most here and you have a PhD. So you are limited to a few people here that are at your level.

I imagine you and No1Maurader will battle a lot.

Perhaps if you made the thread title about free speech it might have went better...I don't know.