Who Is Politicizing Science?

Who Is Politicizing Science?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MB

Moves
26 Oct 21

Democrats are politicizing science.

They were staunch supporters of the lockdowns because of asymptomatic spread.
Now asmptomatic spread is acceptable now that vaccinated people are asymptomatic spreaders of the virus.

Democrats are contradicting themselves to avoid restrictions on themselves.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
26 Oct 21

@eintaluj said
You are talking nonsense. Some of those, who call themselves "antiracists", are racists indeed. Saying that makes me neither a right-wing nor a racist.

However, the issue of "anti-whiteness" some people are discussing here, does not really belong to the present discussion. This issue is only loosely related to my initial post and the articles linked in it.

Note also ...[text shortened]... not address my arguments and you do not present your arguments - you are just ascribing the labels.
And your still being an idiot. Hi my names Kev and you are not the first wolf in Sheep’s clothing that has tried to push right wing viewpoints under the guise of a centrist.
I’ve already stated that universities should not be safe places intellectually speaking and any topic should be open for discussion.
The argument that people from long oppressed minorities and economically disadvantaged students shouldn’t have the playing field levelled in their favour is a right wing opinion wether you like it or not

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
26 Oct 21

@eintaluj said
A professor of climate science who opposed diversity initiatives cries foul over a cancelled lecture.

Dorian S. Abbot, an associate professor of geophysics at the University of Chicago, is speaking out against the cancellation of a lecture he was recently scheduled to give at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He says he’s being punished for his views on higher ed ...[text shortened]... of Abbot’s views on equal treatment, his lecture on the other area — on geophysics — was cancelled.
It’s clear from the excerpt that it wasn’t his scientific view that was cancelled but the scientist himself because he is clearly hostile to MIT’s student selection process which they see as a tool for correcting systemic racism that leads to some minorities and economically disadvantaged students being for all intents and purposes excluded from the top tier of higher education.

PhD

Tallinn

Moves
26 Oct 21

I am not going to answer kevcsv... comments because of their very bad style.
It turns out that Hed Rot Pawn allows reporting on some users (one's comments) only if the person doing this is a subscriber. Thus, it turns out, that on Hed Rot Pawn anyone can freely slander non-subscribers as "racists" and whatsoever.
Consequently, it does not make any sense at all to participate in Hed Rot Pawn forums as some users are behaving awfully.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
26 Oct 21

@eintaluj said
I am not going to answer kevcsv... comments because of their very bad style.
It turns out that Hed Rot Pawn allows reporting on some users (one's comments) only if the person doing this is a subscriber. Thus, it turns out, that on Hed Rot Pawn anyone can freely slander non-subscribers as "racists" and whatsoever.
Consequently, it does not make any sense at all to participate in Hed Rot Pawn forums as some users are behaving awfully.
And don’t forget them BS detectors. You should stay ‘contenchess’ is obviously enjoying having a fellow centrist on the forum