1. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    29 Aug '13 01:57
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Who cares if he used chemical weapons, and I personally don't accept that he did? Would the dead be alive if he had just shot them with 7.62x39mm ammo?
    Am I missing something here ?
    John Kerry and the rest of the Obama regime keep speaking of "undeniable proof" that Asad used chemical weapons on his citizens.
    Where is it ? I have not heard of it.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    29 Aug '13 02:15
    Supposedly the info came from Mossad (Israeli intelligence).
  3. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    29 Aug '13 02:23
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Supposedly the info came from Mossad (Israeli intelligence).
    Or maybe its bogus.
    The Obama regime stated today they are not waiting for the UN inspectors report because "it will not be credible". BUT we have undeniable proof !
    I say, where is this proof ? I have not seen or heard about it. Have you ATY ?
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    29 Aug '13 02:25
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Or maybe its bogus.
    The Obama regime stated today they are not waiting for the UN inspectors report because "it will not be credible". BUT we have undeniable proof !
    Nope! Not me!

It sounds a lot like GWB saying how he was sure there were WMD in Iraq.
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    29 Aug '13 02:26
    http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2013/08/27/exclusive_us_spies_say_intercepted_calls_prove_syrias_army_used_nerve_gas

Last Wednesday, in the hours after a horrific chemical attack east of Damascus, an official at the Syrian Ministry of Defense exchanged panicked phone calls with a leader of a chemical weapons unit, demanding answers for a nerve agent strike that killed more than 1,000 people. Those conversations were overheard by U.S. intelligence services, The Cable has learned. And that is the major reason why American officials now say they're certain that the attacks were the work of the Bashar al-Assad regime -- and why the U.S. military is likely to attack that regime in a matter of days.
  6. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    29 Aug '13 02:32
    A U.S. official who was not authorized to speak on the record says the evidence was "collected by multiple international sources" and was being analyzed in secure locations. The official would not say how the samples were collected or specify where the analysis was taking place. -CNN
  7. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    29 Aug '13 02:44
    A U.S. official [b]who was not authorized to speak on the record says the evidence was "collected by multiple international sources" and was being analyzed in secure locations. The official would not say how the samples were collected or specify where the analysis was taking place. -CNN[/b]
    My BS meter is pegged.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '13 02:55
    Originally posted by moon1969
    You miss the point. Americans are war-weary and do not care that Assad used chemical weapons on his own people.
    You are ignorant if you think Assad used chemical weapons. He would be stupid to use them and give the west an excuse to intervene. He is not that stupid!
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '13 02:57
    Originally posted by moon1969
    You are really ignorant. If you think Obama will send US troops into Syria, I got a bridge I can sell you.
    Obama claims he is not seeking regime change. If you believe that I have a bridge to sell you. Now who is being ignorant?
  10. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    29 Aug '13 03:02
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    Obama claims he is not seeking regime change. If you believe that I have a bridge to sell you. Now who is being ignorant?
    Yes, and the regime replacement will almost certainly be an Al Queda affiliate. Now Assad may not be a nice guy, but he isn't Al Queda.
  11. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    29 Aug '13 13:45
    The British government have released a public statement giving their justification for an intervention. It states that the Syrian regime has killed large numbers of its civilians, I assume they mean non-combatants, and have used chemical weapons on it's civilians; but does not give any evidence. It claims that non-UN sanctioned use of force is legal under the doctrine of Humanitarian intervention if three conditions are met, essentially to do with international agreement that there was chemical weapons use by the regime, that there is no alternative to the use of force and that the intervention is limited in scope an duration. They then claim that those three conditions are met.

So they intend to put their case to the UN security council and if they don't get their way they'll go ahead anyway. The problem is that if one is going to ignore UN security council rulings then there isn't much point in the UN Security council. Are they really going to intervene over the heads of China and Russia every time there's a civil war with illegal weapons use? Suppose someone else decides to intervene on humanitarian grounds somewhere they don't want them to, will it be legal then?

The pdf is available here: http://www.ft.com/cms/145d484a-10a2-11e3-b5e4-00144feabdc0.pdf
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    29 Aug '13 16:15
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Yes, and the regime replacement will almost certainly be an Al Queda affiliate. Now Assad may not be a nice guy, but he isn't Al Queda.
    It will be an AQ affiliate only if they cannot find support elsewhere.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '13 16:24
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    It will be an AQ affiliate only if they cannot find support elsewhere.
    You are a born and bred enabler.
  14. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    30 Aug '13 01:54
    Or maybe its bogus.
    They don't care who did it. Kerry said the UN won't be able to find out who did it and that it doesn't matter for their decision to take action. Wouldn't surprise me if US backed AlCIAda is behind the attacks.
  15. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    30 Aug '13 02:28
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    They don't care who did it. Kerry said the UN won't be able to find out who did it and that it doesn't matter for their decision to take action. Wouldn't surprise me if US backed AlCIAda is behind the attacks.
    Im tracking w/you Joe. I smell CIA/Benghazigate connection all over this.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree