Why do liberals support Hamas?

Why do liberals support Hamas?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
212d

@rajk999 said
This kind of thing is all over the world. Here one of dozens:

[i]134 Christians arrested in 2022 for faith related issues
While it is no longer common for Iranian Christians to be killed for their faith, the report confirms that there is still no religious freedom in Iran to this day.

According to its findings, 134 Christians were arrested in 2022 for faith related i ...[text shortened]... www.vaticannews.va/en/church/news/2023-02/iran-harassment-against-iranian-christians-increasing.html
Are all Christians in Iran being forced to convert or killed?

Yes or no?

Z

Moves
212d

@no1marauder said
Sure, maybe you know more about the Quran than the people who actually believe it is the word of God including scholars who have spent their lives studying it.

But more likely probably not.
You're trying to argue his interpretation of a holy text is inferior to the interpretation of another's

The only thing that is important is how one reacts. If a muslim actually thinks the Quran wants him to literally kill all infidels but doesn't do it, what do I care?

I am certain there are christians who feel good about following Christ and have no issue discarding the apocalypse or whatever vile stuff is in Leviticus

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
212d
1 edit

@rajk999 said
Did attacks by Hamas conform to international law?
No, they attacked civilians, killing many and taking others as hostages.

In a just world, all who did this and/or ordered it would face punishment but in this world many of those who violate the laws of war escape punishment including heads of state like Netanyahu, Putin, Bush, Blair, etc. etc.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
212d

@no1marauder said
Are all Christians in Iran being forced to convert or killed?

Yes or no?
No, but they are being persecuted. There are reports of Boko Haram killing Christians, for refusal to convert, in Nigeria and other parts of Africa.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
212d

@rajk999 said
No, but they are being persecuted. There are reports of Boko Haram killing Christians, for refusal to convert, in Nigeria and other parts of Africa.
I don't dispute it might happen.

I do dispute that the vast majority of Muslims interpret the Quran the same way caissad does.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
212d

@no1marauder said

In a just world, all who did this and/or ordered it would face punishment but in this world many of those who violate the laws of war escape punishment including heads of state like Netanyahu, Putin, Bush, Blair, etc. etc.
How does one punish Hamas? There is only one way. Dig them out of their holes under schools, hospitals and residential areas, and shoot them. In the process some schools and hospitals will be destroyed along with civilians.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
212d

@no1marauder said

I do dispute that the vast majority of Muslims interpret the Quran the same way caissad does.
Well I never took that stance. Extremism is a minority, in all religions. The moderates need to stand up and condemn extremism. But in many cases they dont. Their loyalty to their religion overrides their sense of justice.

Hamas needs to be finished with. Of course in a few years another round of extremist will rake over Palestine and will likewise be dealt with.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
212d

@rajk999 said
Well I never took that stance. Extremism is a minority, in all religions. The moderates need to stand up and condemn extremism. But in many cases they dont. Their loyalty to their religion overrides their sense of justice.

Hamas needs to be finished with. Of course in a few years another round of extremist will rake over Palestine and will likewise be dealt with.
Hamas wasn't created until the late 1980s; the Zionist-Palestinian dispute has been going on for more than a century.

What is needed is a peaceful resolution of the situation that doesn't leave Palestinians as an oppressed group by aggressive occupiers in their own lands. If that would happen, support for groups like Hamas would melt away among Palestinians.

But the Israeli government's response is just assuring the cycle of violence will continue.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
212d

@rajk999 said
How does one punish Hamas? There is only one way. Dig them out of their holes under schools, hospitals and residential areas, and shoot them. In the process some schools and hospitals will be destroyed along with civilians.
Killing or capturing every member of Hamas is a pipe dream. The IDF's strategy will only make certain that groups like Hamas continue to have growing levels of support among Palestinians.

Lake Como

Moves
212d

@zahlanzi said
You're trying to argue his interpretation of a holy text is inferior to the interpretation of another's

The only thing that is important is how one reacts. If a muslim actually thinks the Quran wants him to literally kill all infidels but doesn't do it, what do I care?

I am certain there are christians who feel good about following Christ and have no issue discarding the apocalypse or whatever vile stuff is in Leviticus
Aha!! "What do I care', indeed. You libs seem to care all about mullahs and mullets and evil bibles of theirs, could not our time be better spent to first resolve problems in the USA? You don't even mention the border crisis and all the other hell that our administration has brought down on our country.
Thumb up for Zahlanzi

Lake Como

Moves
212d

@no1marauder said

hahahaha. uh, you left off a few names, Marauder. Being a bit selective, are 'ya?

Lake Como

Moves
212d

@rajk999 said
Sticking with my philosophy of not caring what people think, if I were asked to convert or die, I would say (lie), 'where do I sign'. I would sign up, and on my way. But you see, Jesus would understand my devotion to Christianity, and secondly, the mullahs or whoever they are an 'think' what they want to. I dont see the problem. Of course, Jesus does not recognize them, nor their religion.
Hey, as my 2-yr old once said, 'They're not the boss of me""

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
212d

@averagejoe1 said
hahahaha. uh, you left off a few names, Marauder. Being a bit selective, are 'ya?
In the grammar school you might have finished, did they explain to you what "etc., etc." meant?

Lake Como

Moves
212d

@rajk999 said
Wiping out Hiroshima seemed to do the trick. Yes, there would be casualties. There are already causalites though, the only diff would be that we would have to inflict it.

Lake Como

Moves
212d

@no1marauder said

I dont know of caissd, so take advantage of the moment and call me ....well, a person who has never heard of him,,unschooled!!!!