Why do liberals support Hamas?

Why do liberals support Hamas?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
203d

@averagejoe1 said
Sticking with my philosophy of not caring what people think, if I were asked to convert or die, I would say (lie), 'where do I sign'. I would sign up, and on my way. But you see, Jesus would understand my devotion to Christianity, and secondly, the mullahs or whoever they are an 'think' what they want to. I dont see the problem. Of course, Jesus does not recognize them, nor their religion.
Hey, as my 2-yr old once said, 'They're not the boss of me""
You have a cavalier and uninformed opinion of your supposed "Savior".

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
203d

@averagejoe1 said
Wiping out Hiroshima seemed to do the trick. Yes, there would be casualties. There are already causalites though, the only diff would be that we would have to inflict it.
Are you suggesting that Israel drop a nuclear weapon on Gaza?

Are you insane?

Lake Como

Moves
203d

@suzianne said
Are you suggesting that Israel drop a nuclear weapon on Gaza?

Are you insane?
If there could be a perfect strike, absolutely, and not necessarily nuclear. We have a lot of toys.. Your grannies all thought Truman was insane, too, but that is cause they were prob liberal, no offense of course.

Lake Como

Moves
203d
1 edit

@no1marauder said
In the grammar school you might have finished, did they explain to you what "etc., etc." meant?
But you certainly thought of Hillary. But did not name her. Did you not think of her name first? Of course you did. Everyone anyone would have. We will chlak it ioff to a freudian slip.

Hey, you chided me a bout my threads earlier, this one is just 'a rockin!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
203d

@averagejoe1 said
Wiping out Hiroshima seemed to do the trick. Yes, there would be casualties. There are already causalites though, the only diff would be that we would have to inflict it.
Maybe it might work in the short term, but it will certainly provoke responses from Islamic states with nuclear weapons. Israel will have to be prepared for that... and maybe they are, who knows.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
203d

@no1marauder said
Hamas wasn't created until the late 1980s; the Zionist-Palestinian dispute has been going on for more than a century.

What is needed is a peaceful resolution of the situation that doesn't leave Palestinians as an oppressed group by aggressive occupiers in their own lands. If that would happen, support for groups like Hamas would melt away among Palestinians.

But the Israeli government's response is just assuring the cycle of violence will continue.
Well no argument from me there. But what I think you are missing is that Palestinians want the complete removal of the Jews from Palestine. This is what is stated in the Hamas charter. There is no room for negotiation. Yasser Arafat lost the election to Hamas because Arafat started negotiating and taking a softer line with Israel. They were called soft and weak. The average Palestinian do not want peace. They want to go back to 1900 or so when there were very few Jews in Palestine.

Next it was somewhere in 2005 I think when Israel removed all Jewish settlers from Gaza by force, at great expense. This was to ensure that Gazans have the area to themselves. Surely this is a good step in encouraging peace.

Generally, those Palestinians who are moderate find themselves in Israel or maybe the West Bank. Gaza residents are typically not moderate and are working toward eliminating Israel. There is going to be no peace in Israel for may decades .

Lake Como

Moves
203d

@rajk999 said
Maybe it might work in the short term, but it will certainly provoke responses from Islamic states with nuclear weapons. Israel will have to be prepared for that... and maybe they are, who knows.
Or we could do what is known in the war room as the Biden Gambit. sacrifice a few pieces and wish for a miracle that someone else will maybe do for hiim....cause he is scared to do anything? And his main security advisor Jake Sullivan wrote 2 weeks ago that Middle East has never been more at peace. I think he still works for Biden, can you unerstand that? Can Biden?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
203d

@rajk999 said
Well no argument from me there. But what I think you are missing is that Palestinians want the complete removal of the Jews from Palestine. This is what is stated in the Hamas charter. There is no room for negotiation. Yasser Arafat lost the election to Hamas because Arafat started negotiating and taking a softer line with Israel. They were called soft and weak. The aver ...[text shortened]... and are working toward eliminating Israel. There is going to be no peace in Israel for may decades .
I've already shown proof that this narrative you keep spewing is BS and that most Palestinians would be overjoyed to have a peace settlement.

Your insistence to the contrary is based on wilful ignorance and your reliance on bigoted negative stereotypes.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
203d
1 edit

@no1marauder said
I've already shown proof that this narrative you keep spewing is BS and that most Palestinians would be overjoyed to have a peace settlement.

Your insistence to the contrary is based on wilful ignorance and your reliance on bigoted negative stereotypes.
The peace settlement you say, they want is to go back to the 1967 borders prior to the Six Day War. That aint happening. Thats why I say, war is going to continue until one party is too weak to continue. The Jews not oing to give up Jerusalem and will soon in fact start tearing down the Dome of the Rock, which will piss off Muslims even further. Have patience

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
203d

@rajk999 said
The peace settlement you say, they want is to go back to the 1967 borders prior to the Six Day War. That aint happening. Thats why I say, war is going to continue until one party is too weak to continue. The Jews not oing to give up Jerusalem and will soon in fact start tearing down the Dome of the Rock, which will piss off Muslims even further. Have patience
Since conquest by war is banned by the UN Charter and other international law agreements, Israel, a signatory of the Charter, has no just claim to anything beyond the 1967 borders.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
203d

@no1marauder said
Since conquest by war is banned by the UN Charter and other international law agreements, Israel, a signatory of the Charter, has no just claim to anything beyond the 1967 borders.
UN Charter .. are you trying to be funny? Does Boko Haram, ISIS, Taliban, Hezbollah, Hamas or other Islamic terrorist group follow UN Charter on anything? These people are a law unto themselves. The only language they understand is violence, and Israel is not playing around with them.

Lake Como

Moves
203d

@rajk999 said
Well no argument from me there. But what I think you are missing is that Palestinians want the complete removal of the Jews from Palestine. This is what is stated in the Hamas charter. There is no room for negotiation. Yasser Arafat lost the election to Hamas because Arafat started negotiating and taking a softer line with Israel. They were called soft and weak. The aver ...[text shortened]... and are working toward eliminating Israel. There is going to be no peace in Israel for may decades .
Am I wrong, I thought Israel was our only ally in Mideast, and that they are the only democracy? How could we possibly abandon them for just those reasons?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
203d

@rajk999 said
UN Charter .. are you trying to be funny? Does Boko Haram, ISIS, Taliban, Hezbollah, Hamas or other Islamic terrorist group follow UN Charter on anything? These people are a law unto themselves. The only language they understand is violence, and Israel is not playing around with them.
Your consistent in saying Israel can commit whatever crimes they feel like.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
203d

@no1marauder said
Your consistent in saying Israel can commit whatever crimes they feel like.
Does Hamas commit whatever crimes they feel like?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
203d

@rajk999 said
Does Hamas commit whatever crimes they feel like?
"Whataboutism" never works on me.