1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Jul '18 19:54
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    SISSY...WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT?
    Wow. And like a bolt from the blue, the answer came to me as to exactly why you are such a jackass. You have no empathy for others. Zero. None. No wonder you're a Republican.
  2. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    12 Jul '18 20:00
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Wow. And like a bolt from the blue, the answer came to me as to exactly why you are such a jackass. You have no empathy for others. Zero. None. No wonder you're a Republican.
    You're mean! 😠

I guess that's why you're a Demorat.

😛
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    12 Jul '18 21:35
    at least I am not a SNITCH!
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    12 Jul '18 21:38
    Originally posted by @uzless
    I angle every night after work. Come on up to the lake. Last night i caught 4 large mouth bass that I could put my whole fist inside.

I know how much you love putting your fist inside bass.
    Don't tempt me!
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 04:20
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    at least I am not a SNITCH!
    What does this even mean?

It's like your reality and mine are two completely different worlds. That would explain much, but this means one of us is living in a fantasyland, and I'm going to guess, based on your previous posts, that it's you.
  6. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 04:31
    What does this even mean?

It's like your reality and mine are two completely different worlds. That would explain much, but this means one of us is living in a fantasyland, and I'm going to guess, based on your previous posts, that it's you.
    Maybe you are the heroine representative of Mott in the Bizarro World of Htrae.
  7. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 04:47
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Maybe you are the heroine representative of Mott in the Bizarro World of Htrae.
    Exactly what I was thinking.
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 19:53
    I never really took to fishing but went along with my dad and sometimes my mom too, cuz I liked being on the bay and gulf. At ~14 he taught me to handle his new 16 foot boat with a 40 hp motor which was enough power for water skiing. At 16 I got my drivers license and he taught me how to trailer it, then let me have the boat when he wasn’t using it, to take pals and dates skiing. I was the only teen I knew who had His own (effectively) ski boat. When I went off to college he recruited my first nephew who really liked fishing, and that was that.

So I liked his interest in fishing.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 21:251 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 21:59
    Originally posted by @sh76
    As it happens, I hate fishing too, but the title of this thread should have been "My Father was an Abusive Jackass"
    sh76 said this as a show of compassion for mchill. We need more people like sh76 in the world.
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 23:192 edits
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    sh76 said this as a show of compassion for mchill. We need more people like sh76 in the world.
    Here is a prototypical story from the POV of a teenage boy.

The father relied on corporal punishment as a socially approved last resort just above acting on the threat of “Reform School”.

The next time corporal punishment happened, it wasn’t via the usual strapping with a belt, it was a whack to the head. Just a glancing blow, really.

The son had recently beaten the father at arm wrestling. Both of them knew this.

The son said if you hit me again I’ll hit you back. The father said I don’t know what else to do. The son said I’ll try to do better.

Things were not so bad after that. The dad stopped going corporal. The son behaved. He never used corporal punishment on his offspring, in fact this marked a turning point for the family, although one of the older sons never forgave. (Not hitting females was already a rule in the family.)

Years later, the son took up leatherworking. One thing he made was a leather belt. He gave it to his father.

The father insisted on being interred wearing his best suit, with that belt. (No jokes about his wanting to have it handy are allowed outside the family.)

I wonder how many stories like this there are?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 03:071 edit

13. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 03:132 edits

14. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 04:34
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Mandatory reporting (q. v. Wikipedia if needed) is worth thinking about as a legal requirement in some cases of witnessing illegal abuse.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree