1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 10:12
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    That is because most people are sensible enough to realize Ford is likely a liar. I'll bet even you secretly consider the possibility when not debating.
    The letter to Feinstein said she wanted it to remain confidential "until they talked about it". Feinstein omitted that last part and deliberately mislead the public into thinking Ford meant forever. That makes Feinstein a liar too!
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 10:57
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    It works both ways.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/may/24/republicans-congress-face-death-threats-anti-trump/
    yes, poooky, but it's not the same thing, is it?

one is a professor and the other one is a millionaire congressperson, some of whom even get secret service protection.

here is an exercise for you: send a death threat to Mitch McConnell and another one to some random person you pick from the yellow pages. See what happens in each case.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 12:22
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Central to the Mueller Farrago is the 'dossier.'

Without it, no FISA warrants to surveil Trump, et al......

No Comey leaks

No special prosecutor

Soooo....the dossier cannot be ignored.

And here's what it implies:

Russia is a dictatorship.
    Nothing emanates from Moscow without Putin's imprimatur....
    The 'information' in the infamous ...[text shortened]... ccurred, it was through Democrats, the only folks for whom we have actual evidence of collusion.
    Hey, moron.

That dossier spent months tucked away in a desk somewhere until long after the investigation into Russian collusion started.

Try watching some real news once in a while.

"the candidate of Vladimir Putin was Hillary Clinton and the Democrats."

Damn, man, the extent of your stupidity amazes me every time you say something like this. Stop watching the Fake News channel.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 12:28
    The Clintons are very much still apart of the big political picture

Hillary still gives her 2 cents about the situation, and it is Hillary who funded the dossier about Trump that is an ongoing investigation.

Naturally, Hillary not being under investigation for colluding with Russians to obtain the dossier does not concern you.

Perhaps Trump's biggest accomplishment is publicizing the deep state and their media goons.
    When Sean Hannity comes on your TV, do you even try to keep yourself from licking your TV screen?
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 12:29
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Hey, moron.

That dossier spent months tucked away in a desk somewhere until long after the investigation into Russian collusion started.

Try watching some real news once in a while.

[b]"the candidate of Vladimir Putin was Hillary Clinton and the Democrats."

Damn, man, the extent of your stupidity amazes me every time you say something like this. Stop watching the Fake News channel.[/b]
    why do you bite?

he always does this, opens a rant and inevitably gets to blaming a clinton or obama

he changed the subject three freakin times this thread, how are you and others still engage him in anything other than mocking him?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 12:47
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi
    why do you bite?

he always does this, opens a rant and inevitably gets to blaming a clinton or obama

he changed the subject three freakin times this thread, how are you and others still engage him in anything other than mocking him?
    Outright lies piss me off. We've already seen what ignoring stupid lies does. It elects demagogues.

I realize you're not American and you couldn't really give half a damn what goes on in this Trump-driven rathole, but this is my home and I'm determined to speak out when lies are perceived as truths.
  7. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 12:531 edit
    Outright lies piss me off. We've already seen what ignoring stupid lies does. It elects demagogues.

I realize you're not American and you couldn't really give half a damn what goes on in this Trump-driven rathole, but this is my home and I'm determined to speak out when lies are perceived as truths.
    Double post
  8. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 12:54

suzi, you accused me of lying, remember that, that my claim to being in favor of free and open immigration was a lie. But when it was pointed out to you very clearly how I did not lie, how your error was made very clear to you, you still persisted.

Even though you know the truth you persist with a

L I E

so your little rant about lying here is empty, meaningless dribbles of a self contradicting hypocritical mole.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 12:58

it's whodey. it's just an obstacle you have to avoid in this forum on the way to a decent debate once a month (or every two months).
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 13:06
    Originally posted by @wajoma
    suzi, you accused me of lying, remember that, that my claim to being in favor of free and open immigration was a lie. But when it was pointed out to you very clearly how I did not lie, how your error was made very clear to you, you still persisted.

Even though you know the truth you persist with a

L I E

so your little rant about lying here is empty, meaningless dribbles of a self contradicting hypocritical mole.
    "Still, she persisted." -- Sen. Mitch McConnell, referring to Sen. Elizabeth Warren

"so your little rant about lying here is empty, meaningless dribbles of a self contradicting hypocritical mole."

Funny, I was thinking this the entire time you were bleating on about my supposed "lies" about you. We all know who the liar is, here. You're on the same side of the tracks as whodey and Metal-Brain. Repeatedly erring while accusing others of error.

Tell me now, does posting words in upper case make them "more true"? Apparently you think so.
  11. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 13:201 edit
    "Still, she persisted." -- Sen. Mitch McConnell, referring to Sen. Elizabeth Warren

[b]"so your little rant about lying here is empty, meaningless dribbles of a self contradicting hypocritical mole."

Funny, I was thinking this the entire time you were bleating on about my supposed "lies" about you. We all know who the liar is, here. You're on t ...[text shortened]...
    Tell me now, does posting words in upper case make them "more true"? Apparently you think so.[/b]
    Suzi, I have not lied. When you quote my post, selectively cut my explanation, put your own words in place of my words, now that is lying.

You really should own up to this one, apologise and move on.

After stating my position i.e. In favor of free and open immigration, I said "if there is not to be free and open immigration" then followed with an explanation of one of the dilemmas faced by those that do not favor free and open immigration.

My position remained intact. There was no L I E. and this has been explained very clearly to you. So the L I E is now yours. It has nothing to do with any Sens, it is a matter of you trying to restore some rapidly waning credibility.

So you can see, when you get on your high horse about lying it means nothing.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 13:50
    What do getting death threats have to do with anything?

Kavanaugh should have the same rights as Ford, or do you disagree?

Ford says she was drinking, can't remember where she was or the exact day it happened and was drinking and with no witnesses. Now she says she can't give testimony?

How is this fair to Kavanaugh? Now if it is only women's rights you care about, what about Kav's daughters and wife and mother?
    What about the part where the bastards in the senate committee are now saying the FBI doesn't do those kind of investigations, yet it was that cretin Hatch himself publicly calling for an FBI investigation during the Anta Hill era. But now, there is no such thing. AND not allowing ANY other witnesses to corroborate Ford's testimony, like the fact she has had therapy and the therapist could give evidence to that. Or the yearbook from K's HS days showing CLEARLY he was a stumbling drunk? So republicans have in ABSOLUTE FACT LEARNED NOTHING from the Anita Hill days. They are going to push through the most ultra right wing nutter the SCOTUS has ever seen and the ESPECIALLY want Trump to have his get out of jail card.
    Hypocrites the whole lot of them. A TRAVESTY OF JUSTICE and history will in fact see it that way but Hatch and Greasy won't care since they will consider this their shining moment even as they are kicked out in the next election. They are willing to pay the political cost for all their absolute INJUSTICE.
  13. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 16:11
    Men report priest molestation after 30 years and the public is outraged. Women molested 30 years ago are ridiculed for waiting too long to go public.
  14. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 16:54
    Originally posted by @phranny
    Men report priest molestation after 30 years and the public is outraged. Women molested 30 years ago are ridiculed for waiting too long to go public.
    Very good point.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 17:27

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree