1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 00:44
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    If it was irrelevant Utherpendragon would not be using this issue in debates. More importantly, Romney made it relevant when he brought it up in the debates, especially because it was a completely false interpretation that people like Utherpendragon bought into. See the "War with Iran" thread.
    I am not responsible for what Romney and utherpendragon say or think. Do you take repsonsibility for what Ahadinejad has said in the 2007-2011 period?
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 00:49
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Such as.....?
    I have pointed out several times that Obama didn't let the Bush tax cuts expire. I pointed out that he campaigned on the promise to pull out of Iraq within 1 year and took 3, as Bush promised. He also did not close GITMO as he promised. He did not bring back Glass Steagall, which I pointed out in that thread I created. Take a look sometime.

I am clearly a staunch critic of Obama. Ask anybody who frequents this forum.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 00:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am not responsible for what Romney and utherpendragon say or think. Do you take repsonsibility for what Ahadinejad has said in the 2007-2011 period?
    Now you are just being silly. Nobody has to be responsible for anything he has said for it to be relevant. Romney is a presidential candidate with a good chance of winning the nomination and becoming president. His retoric based on the Ahmadinejad quote makes it relevant whether you like it or not.

You are in denial.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 00:58
    You are in denial.
    The Ahmadinejad quote you and Romney are referring to is six year old and irrelevant. Romney would be making the claim even if there were no quote from 2006.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 01:07
    Nobody has to be responsible for anything he has said for it to be relevant.
    You seem to be taking responsibility for Ahmadinejad's rhetoric and at the same time not taking responsibility for Ahmadinejad's rhetoric.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 01:12
    Originally posted by FMF
    The Ahmadinejad quote you and Romney are referring to is six year old and irrelevant. Romney would be making the claim even if there were no quote from 2006.
    So you are saying Romney is basing his claim on absolutely no quote at all? He just made it up from nothing?
    That would be even worse. Not that I am buying that.

Maybe somebody should ask Romney. Don't you think it is odd that nobody has?
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 01:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    You seem to be taking responsibility for Ahmadinejad's rhetoric and at the same time not taking responsibility for Ahmadinejad's rhetoric.
    You make no sense. I'm not taking responsibility for anything. I'm just pointing it out.

Are you drunk?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 01:16
    Maybe somebody should ask Romney. Don't you think it is odd that nobody has?
    I think it is odd that you restrict yourself to a 2006 quote from Ahmadinejad. I don't think it's odd at all that Romney doesn't accept the explanation you put forward as to what Ahmadinejad said or meant.
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 01:18
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think it is odd that you restrict yourself to a 2006 quote from Ahmadinejad. I don't think it's odd at all that Romney doesn't accept the explanation you put forward as to what Ahmadinejad said or meant.
    You must be drunk.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 01:20
    Are you drunk?
    You appear to be taking responsibility for what Ahmadinejad has said during the last six years because of a translation issue surrounding one comment made six years ago.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 01:23
    You must be drunk.
    You also appear to be making assurances to us here about the nature of the Iranian nuclear programme.
  12. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 01:281 edit
    I have pointed out several times that Obama didn't let the Bush tax cuts expire. I pointed out that he campaigned on the promise to pull out of Iraq within 1 year and took 3, as Bush promised. He also did not close GITMO as he promised. He did not bring back Glass Steagall, which I pointed out in that thread I created. Take a look sometime.

I am clearly a staunch critic of Obama. Ask anybody who frequents this forum.
    I am clearly a staunch critic of Obama. Ask anybody who frequents this forum.-Metal Brain

Well, I don't need to ask anybody who frequents this forum,friend. I frequent this forum far more than you do. Probably more than most ! You pop off every once in a while then you disappear. Kinda like, bill718. Maybe it's your monthly cycle or something that stirs up these moments of irrationality in you ... I dunno.

But you really seem to be making a big deal out of this for nothing. As FMF alluded to earlier The Iranian regime says and does things that just digs themselves into a hole deeper and deeper with similar rhetoric and actions.
    So when these so called mistranslations occur Americans tend to believe them and miss the part where the Iranians back pedal.
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 01:36
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    I am clearly a staunch critic of Obama. Ask anybody who frequents this forum.-Metal Brain

Well, I don't need to ask anybody who frequents this forum,friend. I frequent this forum far more than you do. Probably more than most ! You pop off every once in a while then you disappear. Kinda like, bill718. Maybe it's your monthly cycle or ...[text shortened]... slations occur Americans tend to believe them and miss the part where the Iranians back pedal.
    What back peddling? Please share.
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 01:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    You appear to be taking responsibility for what Ahmadinejad has said during the last six years because of a translation issue surrounding one comment made six years ago.
    You need to look up the word responsibility in a dictionary. You obviously don't know the meaning of the word.
  15. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 01:39
    What back peddling? Please share.
    Saying there was a error in the translation for example.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree