"‘Alarming surge’ in anti-Asian violence across US terrifies community members"

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D

Moves
07 Apr 21

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
07 Apr 21

The post that was quoted here has been removed
To be fair, onlookers not engaging has nothing to do with anti-Asian sentiments.
It’s a larger problem within society.

I can understand the fear component. And to a certain level I guess it’s justifiable to be too scared to interact.
But when I see onlookers (plural) filming such scenes with their phones instead of doing something (even if it’s just shouting FIRE or phoning the cops), I get pretty angry.

Society sucks.

D

Moves
07 Apr 21
1 edit

D

Moves
13 Apr 21

D

Moves
04 May 21

D

Moves
14 May 21
1 edit

rain

Moves
14 May 21

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/22/senate-passes-bill-to-combat-hate-crimes-against-asian-americans.html

Senate passes bill to combat hate crimes against Asian Americans

The Senate passed a bill Thursday designed to curb a spike in hate crimes targeting Asian Americans during the coronavirus pandemic.

The chamber approved the measure in a 94-1 vote

Hopefully this is the start of real change for Asians in the U.S. But given how long minorities like blacks and Hispanics still face oppression in spite of legislation aimed at stopping this, Asians still have a long fight ahead.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
14 May 21
1 edit

"He said – 'You Asians, get out of my face. I don't want the coronavirus from you guys,'"

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. But you can let them "get in your face" to serve you $70 worth of sushi rolls.
I hope the judge throws the damm book at this racist fraudster.

Moves
14 May 21

@shavixmir said
To be fair, onlookers not engaging has nothing to do with anti-Asian sentiments.
It’s a larger problem within society.

I can understand the fear component. And to a certain level I guess it’s justifiable to be too scared to interact.
But when I see onlookers (plural) filming such scenes with their phones instead of doing something (even if it’s just shouting FIRE or phoning the cops), I get pretty angry.

Society sucks.
“ I can understand the fear component”

I cant...a 65 yr old woman is attacked, I help her, even if it means I go down with her.

Fukin liberal 🐓💩

Moves
14 May 21

@vivify said
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/22/senate-passes-bill-to-combat-hate-crimes-against-asian-americans.html

Senate passes bill to combat hate crimes against Asian Americans

The Senate passed a bill Thursday designed to curb a spike in hate crimes targeting Asian Americans during the coronavirus pandemic.

The chamber approved the measure in a 94-1 vote
...[text shortened]... ace oppression in spite of legislation aimed at stopping this, Asians still have a long fight ahead.
its blacks that are attacking them

D

Moves
14 May 21
1 edit

@mott-the-hoople said
its blacks that are attacking them
Blacks have been doing it for decades but now all of a sudden libs are blaming white supremacist people for it, just like everything else.
For that matter, blacks have been attacking not just asians, but also whites, hispanics, and themselves, but somehow it's now white people that are doing it according to the SJW camp.

D

Moves
14 May 21