1. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    21 Mar '21 15:21
    @dood111 said
    Just answer the question:
    You point to ONE recent incident and you think that somehow makes a case for whites being responsible for the anti-Asian violence when for years...YEARS...it's been blacks responsible in all but the rarest occasions?
    Note the use of words “Alarming surge” the surge is a direct result of the demonisation of non white and Asian Americans in particular in relation to covid19 being portrayed as a Chinese virus spread by Chinese people by Trump and his far right followers.
    Trumps motivation was political survival what’s yours? This guy has probably done his research and realised that attacking someone for their ethnicity is a hate crime, whereas attacking a sex worker is barely considered a crime at all. Presumably he’s spoken to his lawyer so anything he now says must be viewed with suspicion. I guess of all the massage parlours / brothels he just happened to come across an Asian one.
  2. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    21 Mar '21 15:41
    @kevcvs57 said
    Note the use of words “Alarming surge” the surge is a direct result of the demonisation of non white and Asian Americans in particular in relation to covid19 being portrayed as a Chinese virus spread by Chinese people by Trump and his far right followers.
    T
    The "alarming surge" has been going on for over a decade and has nothing to do with Trump calling Covid the Kung Flu.
  3. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    21 Mar '21 18:54
    @dood111 said
    The "alarming surge" has been going on for over a decade and has nothing to do with Trump calling Covid the Kung Flu.
    I just placed an article up with quotes from the people that worked the spas. One woman, Joy, said she voted for Trump but that his comments made things harder.

I can imagine what an asian who did not like Trump has to say.
  4. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    21 Mar '21 20:20
    @dood111 said
    Sounds like a lie because it’s a lie.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Mar '21 20:38

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Mar '21 00:49

7. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Mar '21 06:391 edit

8. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Mar '21 06:50

9. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    22 Mar '21 20:112 edits
    @Duchess64 -
    Anti-Asian racism has always been downplayed (at least) or denied by almost all
    other Americans, including by about all white writers here who expressed any opinion.

Tell me, "almost all other Americans" do not deny that racism towards African Americans vibrantly exists.
    So why do you think that they refuse to admit racism with Asian Americans is strong?

Clearly Americans do not perceive Asian racism to be s bad as you do. Guess how I think is right?
  10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    22 Mar '21 20:312 edits
    https://www.csusb.edu/sites/default/files/FACT%20SHEET-%20Anti-Asian%20Hate%202020%203.2.21.pdf

According to the graph in the link, since 1996 hate crimes against Asians steadily declined, with the only continuous increase being during the Trump years.

Prior to 2016 during Trump's election, hate crimes against Asians reached it's lowest point, with the Trump years being the first time 4 consecutive years of Asian hate crimes increased.

The argument can be made that if not for Trump, or possibly the pandemic, violence against Asians would've continued declining.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Mar '21 21:14

12. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Mar '21 21:212 edits

13. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    22 Mar '21 22:042 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    You're the same person who ignores reports from Uighurs of genocide. Don't get so full of yourself.

The point of my post wasn't to minimize claims made by Asians, just answering your early issue of why non-Asians aren't as aware of anti-Asian violence as they should be. As the chart shows, hate crimes against Asians steadily decreased, up until Trump's presidency. Declining rates of violence result in declining reports of violence against them.

That said, Americans are oblivious to the history of anti-Asian violence in this country. This needs to change.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Mar '21 22:241 edit

15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    22 Mar '21 22:331 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Duchess shows her abysmal reading comprehension. Again.

As I mentioned in my last post, declining records of violence against Asians results in declining reports to the general public about them. This answers why non-Asians aren't as aware of anti-Asian violence as they should be.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree