This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    26 Feb '21 05:19
    @divegeester said
    It all because we are independent and not tied to the sinking ship.
    Dude, there’s only one ship sinking and that’s Britain.

Getting one matter correct compared to everything else wrong won’t keep you aflaot.
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Feb '21 08:32
    @ponderable said

I personally am not envious of the British.
    Not even of our stiff upper lips and sturdy umbrellas?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Feb '21 09:12
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    The entire political establishment, the vaccine manufacturers, the entire media (even the EU sanitised Glorious Guardian) and seemingly the entire population of Europe regarded the EU calamitous negotiations and miss-handling of the Irish protocol as one of the biggest fuk-ups since the pandemic started.

But not you.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Feb '21 09:16
    @shavixmir said
    Dude, there’s only one ship sinking and that’s Britain.

Getting one matter correct compared to everything else wrong won’t keep you aflaot.
    We are doing fine thanks, relatively speaking at least. The excellent vaccine negotiation and subsequent roll out will underpin the return to work as Britainia will charge ahead of a shrinking EU in the next 12 months.

Meanwhile in Holland...people in glass houses etc etc

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - The Dutch economy in 2020 is expected to shrink at the fastest rate recorded in peacetime as lockdowns have crippled production and exports and are set to send unemployment to the highest level in years, the Dutch central bank said on Monday.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-netherlands-economy-idUKKBN23F1B7
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '21 09:312 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    26 Feb '21 10:16
    @divegeester said
    Sure I do!

The EU are making a total mess of the single most important transaction they are currently responsible for and it’s costing lives!

Why on earth wouldn’t I make a point out of it.
    Why would you couch it in Brexit terms though? Brexit is done, it’s over.
    It’ll be a neat trick for the tories if they can hide their monumental screw ups and corruption under the bodies of Europeans who have died but I cannot see us letting them do that.
    I’m also pretty sure if we were still in the EU we would have ordered our own vaccines anyway. So it’s hardly a silver lining story for Brexit.
    It’s simply the story of the EU being to big to administer without closer unification and a handing over of powers from its constituent governments, either that or a bit of honesty from those governments about what they want the EU to be.
  8. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    26 Feb '21 11:23
    @kevcvs57 said
    It’ll be a neat trick for the tories if they can hide their monumental screw ups and corruption under the bodies of Europeans who have died but I cannot see us letting them do that.
    I’m also pretty sure if we were still in the EU we would have ordered our own vaccines anyway. So it’s hardly a silver ...[text shortened]... vernments, either that or a bit of honesty from those governments about what they want the EU to be.
    Ah Kev mate, let the poms shine and have a little glory. They are a grey lot and they need a little sunshine now and again.
  9. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    26 Feb '21 11:45
    @kmax87 said
    Ah Kev mate, let the poms shine and have a little glory. They are a grey lot and they need a little sunshine now and again.
    Your spot on with your description Kmax, I am a Pom and grey and definitely need a little sunshine.
    I am impressed with the vaccine roll out and the furlough scheme, I just think it’s possible to celebrate these things without blowing raspberries at neighbours who will have to wait a little longer for a life saving vaccine because someone somewhere miscalculated, we’ve all got idiots running things.
  10. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    26 Feb '21 12:001 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    Your spot on with your description Kmax, I am a Pom and grey and definitely need a little sunshine.
    I am impressed with the vaccine roll out and the furlough scheme, I just think it’s possible to celebrate these things without blowing raspberries at neighbours who will have to wait a little longer for a life saving vaccine because someone somewhere miscalculated, we’ve all got idiots running things.
    Yes I totally understand where you are coming from. It's a dangerous game bragging in the face of another's misfortune. It tempts fate and hubris can be a very unkind master.

BTW how come I'm under the impression you were an Aussie?
  11. Dublin
    Moves
    26 Feb '21 12:09
    @kevcvs57 said
    Kev,
    You're right.

We have idiots running things here too.

But there is a light at the end of the tunnel now.
    With 3 or 4 vaccines on the way and some already rolled out.

I await my turn and hope you have your turn also.

Let us be kind to each other and wish each other well.

We are all stronger together as decent human beings.

Forget politics.
    I know there are lots here that would like to see Britain sink beneath the Irish sea.

But the wars over boys.
    I cannot hold you or Divegeester responsible for taking all our food in 1845 and I can't hold you responsible for shooting our independence leaders in 1916.

We must move forward and stretch arms across the sea.

We can be better together.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '21 12:451 edit
    @divegeester said
    You probably couldn’t talk more bollocks if you went on course for it.

- the pandemic is not “out of our hands”, what on earth are you on about?
    - “single market” who wants a “single market” when there is a global market?
    - “yes we have a “tariff free” trade agreement with the EU. Have you been asleep?
    - nobody here gives a flying fuk about the British empire. Grow up.
    Divegeester replied to Instantkarma777.

"nobody here gives a flying f*** about the British empire."
    --Divegeester

The Argentinians (Malvinas) and Spanish (Gibraltar) feel differently.
  13. Dublin
    Moves
    26 Feb '21 13:41
    @duchess64 said
    Divegeester replied to Instantkarma777.

"nobody here gives a flying f*** about the British empire."
    --Divegeester

The Argentinians (Malvinas) and Spanish (Gibraltar) feel differently.
    Listen Duchesses,
    Do not sow the seeds of enmity.

No country has had more trouble with England than Ireland.

But the war is over. We must strive now to move forward progressively together.

It's in all our interests.

I'm pretty sure that Divegeester wasn't on that submarine that sunk the General Belgrano.

Let it go.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Feb '21 13:49
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    In the uk the patient communication is much better organised than that, people are called for their vaccination in strict priority order.

Of course this level of organisation is a double edged sword as no one gets the chance to virtue signal about allowing an older person to take their place in the process.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Feb '21 13:521 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    I’m also pretty sure if we were still in the EU we would have ordered our own vaccines anyway. So it’s hardly a silver ...[text shortened]... vernments, either that or a bit of honesty from those governments about what they want the EU to be.
    It’s a great example of why Brexit is the crowning glory of the uk’s better judgment and a class example of why the EU is a bloated bureaucracy of incompetence.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree