1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '16 06:411 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    The real irony was Breivik complaining and taking the Norwegian government to court (and winning) for violating his human rights because they were giving him crappy Playstation games.
    "The real irony"...as opposed to what...the irony that homosexual people are indiscriminately mass-murdered in a bar?
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 Jun '16 06:53
    Originally posted by divegeester
    "The real irony"...as opposed to what...the irony that homosexual people are indiscriminately mass-murdered in a bar?
    Indiscriminately?
    Pretty sure this Muslim man was very, very selective in his decision to walk into a very well-known gay bar for the express purpose of meting out his religion's penalty for homosexual behavior.
    He could not have been more discriminate or deliberate in his actions, really.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Jun '16 11:48
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Indeed.
    Couldn't agree more.

So let's apply that very progressive, very safety-first thinking to, oh... I don't know... how about the incident as it was described in the Boston bombing?
    Setting aside the veracity question, what type of weapon was used for the bombing on Boylston?
    Pressure cooker.
    Two, in fact.
    So--- applying the very progressi ...[text shortened]... ace which keep people from walking into a store and just buying a pressure cooker off the shelf?
    I wonder how funny you would think this incident in Florida would have been if one of your brothers was killed.
    Making light of massive deaths is disgusting no matter who they were or what their lifestyle.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 Jun '16 11:54
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I wonder how funny you would think this incident in Florida would have been if one of your brothers was killed.
    Making light of massive deaths is disgusting no matter who they were or what their lifestyle.
    You're equating the discussion of gun control with gallows humor?
    Do you even read the posts to which you respond, or do you just get super charged up when you see my name... just can't help yourself, no matter who is watching?
    If you want to comment on a particular topic, you should probably quote a thread associated with said topic.
    Otherwise, you just come across as confused, and confusing.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Jun '16 12:37
    It's not funny when people die. Not even when they deserve it. Don't read into that that I support the killing of gays. It's a horrific event in Orlando. There's no justification for it.

As sad and painful as it is for those that died and their families, their lifestyle not withstanding, I don't see them as martyrs even though they were murdered because of hatred.

I haven't heard whether the perp was killed or apprehended, but he had to be as deranged as it gets, and he will recieve his due for his actions. No doubt ISIS will consider him a martyr, but they'll recieve their due as well.

My feelings and beliefs are no secret concerning homosexuality, but this event, and all other hate crimes, is going to hurt everyone in one way or another.

Hate crimes and mass murders must be stopped. To bad we, as a corporate body of citizens, can't agree about how to do it. I say justice in the form of an eye for an eye. Punishment that fits the crime. To be civilized we must meet out justice according to law.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Jun '16 12:45
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    You're equating the discussion of gun control with gallows humor?
    Do you even read the posts to which you respond, or do you just get super charged up when you see my name... just can't help yourself, no matter who is watching?
    If you want to comment on a particular topic, you should probably quote a thread associated with said topic.
    Otherwise, you just come across as confused, and confusing.
    So now this is all about you. You are the least of my worries. Peddle your wares elsewhere.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Jun '16 12:53
    So now this is all about you. You are the least of my worries. Peddle your wares elsewhere.
    You see, this is exactly what ISIS and terrorist want to see happen. These hate crime attacks, they know, will only serve to further devide an already fractured society. American against American. United we stand, devided we fall. They know that. We're being struck at the heart. They start the fires and we fan the flames.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 Jun '16 13:08
    Only a bulb as dim as you would take a post as specifically targeted on you as that one is, turn it around and make like it was about me.
    You are simply priceless.
  9. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    13 Jun '16 16:15
    Originally posted by josephw
    United we stand, devided we fall.
    Do you still own slaves?
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Jun '16 16:18
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Do you still own slaves?
    Here we have the shock jock troll at work.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Jun '16 16:50
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Last count I saw was 50 dead, 53 wounded.

Apparently, this guy called 911 during the attack claiming an ISIS connection.

And, of course, Donald Trump couldn't resist making this all about him. This morning he tweeted, "Appreciate the congrats for being right on radical Islamic terrorism, I don't want congrats, I want toughness & vigilance. We must ...[text shortened]... es of those who were killed and wounded. Thanks, Donald, for making it all about you yet again.
    And on the front page of the New York Times it reads, "Thanks NRA".

So as we see, when it comes to politics the lives of the dead don't matter at all. Tragedies like this are merely used for political advantage.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Jun '16 16:51
    Originally posted by josephw
    You see, this is exactly what ISIS and terrorist want to see happen. These hate crime attacks, they know, will only serve to further devide an already fractured society. American against American. United we stand, devided we fall. They know that. We're being struck at the heart. They start the fires and we fan the flames.
    I think you will find that it will not matter what destruction and terrorism is carried out by Islamic terrorists.

Nothing will ever change in regards to the response in the US so long as the powers that be remain in power.
  13. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    13 Jun '16 17:111 edit
    Here we have the shock jock troll at work.
    How's your support program for families of the victims going?

Keep up the good work! You're definitely helping, Ralph.

YouTube : sonhouse
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jun '16 17:12
    Originally posted by whodey
    I think you will find that it will not matter what destruction and terrorism is carried out by Islamic terrorists.

Nothing will ever change in regards to the response in the US so long as the powers that be remain in power.
    How does it need to "change"? You're always good for dark muttering, but light on actual ideas and proposals that might get scrutinized.
  15. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '16 21:16
    What is the real issue here, Muslims killing people or how easy it is in America to get a gun to kill people? Stats and history answer that question.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree