1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 14:58
    Also, Like: Affordability with Honest Chess, Friendship Opportunities and Pleasant Distraction Benefits.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 14:59
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    So basically you want to scare fellow posters into not giving your threads a thumbs down, the label of coward implies that there is something to be afraid of.

The whole point of a voting system, of which the thumbs button is rudimentary example, is that the views of the voters are expressed without fear of adverse repercussions. The best way to ensure th ...[text shortened]... ay to deal with the systematic and therefor meaningless use of the thumb option is to ignore it.
    Is there a question there. I, mean?
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 15:04
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Is there a question there. I, mean?
    Consider it a friendly rebuke, no point in questioning such blatant intent, you either agree or disagree.

Note I have gone for the lively debate option rather than the thumb button.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 16:36
    (updates and a second boot took, I hope) Unintentionally, FM. Am trying to reach you but the waves seem to be experiencing static. Here goes. Deterrent's the key. An awareness of butt nakedness would cause even the most belligerent coward to pause and thimk at least once in the life of any given thread. The pent up Pentium Energy must go somewhere. So, ...[text shortened]... replies might enhance the forum experience for those in need of a social fix or larf.[/ink]
    You think people who give your posts 'thumbs down' are "belligerent cowards"?
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 16:40
    So basically you want to scare fellow posters into not giving your threads a thumbs down, the label of coward implies that there is something to be afraid of.

The whole point of a voting system, of which the thumbs button is rudimentary example, is that the views of the voters are expressed without fear of adverse repercussions. The best way to ensure th ...[text shortened]... ay to deal with the systematic and therefor meaningless use of the thumb option is to ignore it.
    How do you scare ANYONE on the interwebz???

That would be a good trick..>>ROFLMAO<<
  6. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 17:45
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    How do you scare ANYONE on the interwebz???

That would be a good trick..>>ROFLMAO<<
    Then how can anyone be a coward, and consequently how could making them divulge their identity effect the number of thumb downs that they issue.

Try to keep your argument internally consistent.

Ps ROFLYAO was probably an over reaction.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 18:55

The whole point of a voting system, of which the thumbs button is rudimentary example, is that the views of the voters are expressed without fear of adverse repercussions. The best way to ens ...[text shortened]... st way to deal with the systematic and therefor meaningless use of the thumb option is to ignore it.
    "So basically you want to scare fellow posters..." No, not at all... neither the fellows nor the girls.

Just let them be themselves and function within the system we have (until the day it's improved).
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 18:57
    Originally posted by FMF

Let's let other members spin their records for awhile. (thank you)
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 19:44
    Let's let other members spin their records for awhile. (thank you)
    I am just responding to a post you addressed to me. You used the term "belligerent cowards". Is that how you characterize people who are unimpressed by you and click on 'thumbs down'?
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 23:52
    2013 Poll (Red Hot Pawn Pluses and Minuses)

Features you and your friends like: Spacious area for in-game messaging by design as compared with major competitors'

inclusion of a [tiny bar... ] as though an afterthought, whereas Russ & Chris provided ours with needed function in mind.
  11. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    16 Jan '13 00:00
    I like that the pieces all move the way they should.
  12. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    16 Jan '13 00:03
    I don't like that you can't also play checkers.
  13. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    16 Jan '13 00:23
    Also, Like: Affordability with Honest Chess, Friendship Opportunities and Pleasant Distraction Benefits.
    Honest chess?????

Have you not seen some of those postings in the clan forum?

Or the clown forum as I like to call it.

Those guys in there don't think there is honest chess going on.
  14. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    16 Jan '13 00:25
    Originally posted by FMF
    Cop to FMF......get your hands up and keep your thumbs where I can see 'em!!!
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jan '13 01:42
    So, don't go there. Why join?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree