1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 16:49
    Originally posted by Scotty70
    Hi, Scotty. We joined RHP the same year. Your thoughts would be appreciated. -Bob
  2. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    23 Jan '15 14:32
    sorry I nodded off zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz oh it happened again
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    23 Jan '15 15:58
    Originally posted by redbadger
    sorry I nodded off zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz oh it happened again
    You're only supposed to take one of those little green ones every 6 hours.🙄
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Jan '15 03:441 edit
    "Timeline: To begin Tuesday, January 13 and completed within five weeks by Tuesday, February 17. Before Saturday, February 21, 2015, I'll post a summation of these intangible reasons and tangible site options and features, etc.

Request: Please focus on the thread's purpose and remain on topic. *Part Four will follow one week from today. Thanks.

*Part Four (a): Please describe any and all site options and/or features you've ever wished would be added or changed.

Part Four (b): The last of our four inventory taking steps will be posted on January 27, 2015, one week from today.

Thank you." (Page 14)
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Jan '15 21:411 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Timeline: To begin Tuesday, January 13 and completed within five weeks by Tuesday, February 17. Before Saturday, February 21, 2015, I'll post a summation of these intangible reasons and tangible site options and features, etc.

Request: Please focus on the thread's purpose and remain on topic. *Part Four will follow one week from to taking steps will be posted on January 27, 2015, one week from today.

Thank you." (Page 14)
    2015 RHP Member Inventory

"Timeline:
    To begin Tuesday, January 13 and completed within five weeks by Tuesday, February 17. Before Saturday, February 21, 2015, I'll post a summation of these intangible reasons and tangible site options and features, etc.

Request: Please focus on the thread's purpose and remain on topic. *Part Four will follow one week from today. Thanks.

*Part Four (a): Please describe any and all site options and/or features you've ever wished would be added or changed.

Part Four (b): The last of our four inventory taking steps will be posted on January 27, 2015, one week from today.

Thank you." (Page 14)

January 26, 2015

Part Four (b): If you're a non-subscriber now, what additional site enhancements or features or options would motivate you to consider becoming a Red Hot Pawn Subscriber during 2015? If you're not interested in becoming a subscriber yourself and financial budget constraints haven't factored in that decision, would you consider purchasing an annual subscription anonymously for a trusted friend unable to do so on his or her own? If so, in the interest of privacy, please send a Feedback Message to Russ at any time rather than advertise yourself as Santa Clause here. lol My thanks to each of you who have participated in a constructive manner in our 2015 RHP Member Inventory. Before Saturday, February 21, 2015, I'll "post a summation of these intangible reasons and tangible site options and features, etc." from the actual content of this thread.
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    27 Jan '15 03:50
    [b]2015 RHP Member Inventory

"Timeline:
    To begin Tuesday, January 13 and completed within five weeks by Tuesday, February 17. Before Saturday, February 21, 2015, I'll post a summation of these intangible reasons and tangible site options and features, etc.

Request: Please focus on the thread's purpose and remain on topic. *Part ...[text shortened]... le reasons and tangible site options and features, etc." from the actual content of this thread.[/b]
    Trying not to become the "new" Very Rusty, I think this thread may be a help to Russ. I hope he is looking at it.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jan '15 04:08
    If you're a non-subscriber now, what additional site enhancements or features or options would motivate you to consider becoming a Red Hot Pawn Subscriber during 2015?
    I was a subscriber for years but cancelled it when an unauthorised attempt to extend my subscription using my credit card details was made, even after expressly forbidding automatically 'recurring use' of the card, and having had a similar problem the previous year. The site's owners sorted it out in the end but, with my card getting temporarily blocked each time, and it taking expensive international calls to rectify it, I decided enough was enough.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jan '15 04:12
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    I think this thread may be a help to Russ. I hope he is looking at it.
    But Grampy Bobby is dead against using this forum to offer any ideas to Russ about how to run his business and he smacked down another poster for not using the Site Ideas Forum to do so. Surely Grampy Bobby is not going to be hypocritical on this matter?

From page 1 of this thread:

Seems that you're presuming to tell Russ how to run his business: if so, the Site Ideas Forum is the appropriate venue.

😉
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    27 Jan '15 04:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    But Grampy Bobby is dead against using this forum to offer any ideas to Russ about how to run his business and he smacked down another poster for not using the Site Ideas Forum to do so. Surely Grampy Bobby is not going to be hypocritical on this matter?

From page 1 of this thread:

[b]Seems that you're presuming ...[text shortened]... ll Russ how to run his business: if so, the Site Ideas Forum is the appropriate venue.

😉[/b]
    A simple "miscue" from a gentleman of advanced age I'm sure.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jan '15 04:26
    A simple "miscue" from a gentleman of advanced age I'm sure.
    Perhaps him acknowledging it as unintended hypocrisy will frame it as a "miscue" as opposed to being 'typical'. 🙂
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    27 Jan '15 04:291 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Perhaps him acknowledging it as unintended hypocrisy will frame it as a "miscue" as opposed to being 'typical'. 🙂
    Perhaps or perhaps not. Flip a coin, but make sure that the coin has a tale too.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jan '15 04:34
    Perhaps or perhaps not. Flip a coin, but make sure that the coin has a tale too.
    Perhaps he should start a blog. He could then delete any "miscues" that might point towards his own hypocrisy, along with any or all posts or posters he takes exception to. Just an idea. 🙂
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jan '15 05:06
    Originally posted by woadman
    Is this to determine how many users are "active" ..I think I saw over 11,000 names on the list but many haven't made a move in years. This site could be "cleaned up" by deleting all those players from the list. The DeadBeats...
    Originally posted by woadman
    Is this to determine how many users are "active" ..I think I saw over 11,000 names on the list but many haven't made a move in years. This site could be "cleaned up" by deleting all those players from the list. The DeadBeats...

After "50 days" you presume to pass micro judgment on the site owner's macro purpose regarding the registry of member accounts, which is well beyond the scope of this thread. Our objective is to identify the reasons we're why we're all here.
  14. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    27 Jan '15 05:20

Part Three: Red Hot Pawn will celebrate its 14th Year in business as a viable online correspondence chess site [with public forums, private clans and clubs] on Saturday, February 21, 2015. It seemed apropos that we provide Russ with an insider inventory of the collective reasons why we joined and have remained active members as a representative site profile.
    Why I joined? To play chess for sure.

Why I am an active member? It is in my personality 😉
    In fact I like a lot of people around, and I like the possibility to have more than chess.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jan '15 05:51
    After "50 days" you presume to pass micro judgment on the site owner's macro purpose regarding the registry of member accounts, which is well beyond the scope of this thread. Our objective is to identify the reasons we're why we're all here.
    Oh my, you're smacking the SAME poster down AGAIN for the SAME post from 15 pages/2 weeks ago? Goodness me.

Are you against using this forum/thread to offer ideas "to Russ about how to run his business" and and you urging people to use the Site Ideas Forum to do so?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree