1. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 09:22
    Back on topic:

GB: "Part Three: Red Hot Pawn will celebrate its 14th Year in business as a viable online correspondence chess site [with public forums, private clans and clubs] on Saturday, February 21, 2015. It seemed apropos that we provide Russ with an insider inventory of the collective reasons why we joined and have remained active members as a representative site profile."

It's Tues. the 13th. Are you now soliciting reasons why I joined?
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 12:43
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Part Three: Red Hot Pawn will celebrate its 14th Year in business as a viable online correspondence chess site [with public forums, private clans and clubs] on Saturday, February 21, 2015. It seemed apropos that we provide Russ with an insider inventory of the collective reasons why we joined and have remained active members as a representative site profile.
    Does a non-subscriber qualify as an "insider" and an "active member"?
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 13:062 edits
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Back on topic:

GB: "Part Three: Red Hot Pawn will celebrate its 14th Year in business as a viable online correspondence chess site [with public forums, private clans and clubs] on Saturday, February 21, 2015. It seemed apropos that we provide Russ with an insider inventory of the collective reasons why we joined and have remained active members as a representative site profile."

It's Tues. the 13th. Are you now soliciting reasons why I joined?
    2015 RHP Member Inventory (Page 7)

To: Schlecter: 701 Days; woadman: 51 Days; rookie54: 2,499 Days; NoEarthlyReason: 792 Days; redbadger: 216 Days; Ponderable: 3,550 Days; divegeester: 2,816 Days; FMF: 3,363 Days; HandyAndy: 3,032 Days; Great Big Stees: 3,695 Days; Sicilian Sausage: 3,795 Days; Fat Skier: 320 Days; Suzianne: 4,175; st dominics preview: 759 Days; ChessPraxis: 3,770 Days; wolfgang59: 2,773 Days; ale1552: 2,629 Days; moonbus: 956 Days; bbarr: 4,888 Days; mwmiller: 5,069 Days and lolof: 2,804 Days. Twenty one members with a total of 52,753 Days or an average of 6.9 Years on the scene.

Part Three: Red Hot Pawn will celebrate its 14th Year in business as a viable online correspondence chess site [with public forums, private clans and clubs] on Saturday, February 21, 2015. It seemed apropos that we provide Russ with an insider inventory of the collective reasons why we joined and have remained active members as a representative site profile.

Timeline: To begin Tuesday, January 13 and completed within five weeks by Tuesday, February 17. Before Saturday, February 21, 2015, I'll post a summation of these intangible reasons and tangible site options and features, etc.

Request: Please focus on the thread's purpose and remain on topic. Part Four will follow one week from today. Thanks.

Yes, moonbus. Thank you for respecting the "Request" made to all who indicated topic interest by posting to this thread.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 13:10
    Yes, moonbus. Thank you for respecting the "Request" made to all who indicated topic interest by posting to this thread.
    I may submit my data myself later if I choose to participate. In the meantime I suggest you remove it as requested.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 13:11
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Does a non-subscriber qualify as an "insider" and an "active member"?
    Why isn't Grampy Bobby's data included, do you know?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 13:13
    It seemed apropos that we provide Russ with an insider inventory of the collective reasons why we joined and have remained active members as a representative site profile.
    Statistically, how are you going to define "active"?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 13:15
    Before Saturday, February 21, 2015, I'll post a summation of these intangible reasons and tangible site options and features, etc.
    How will be the content of this "summation" be decided and will posters be able to opt out of being associated with its content?
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 13:191 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP for Reference)
    2015 RHP Member Inventory

"One: Check your site profile to verify the date you joined.

Two: Then, determine how many days you've been an RHP Member
    with this user friendly date conversion calculator:

http://www.convertunits.com/dates/

Examples:

Russ: "Joined 21 Feb '01" "The total number of days between Wednesday, February 21st, 2001
    and Saturday, January 10th, 2015 is 5,071 days."

I "Joined 14 Jul '07" "The total number of days between Saturday, July 14th, 2007
    and Saturday, January 10th, 2015 is 2,737 days."

Please post the number of days (as of the current date) since you joined;
    then we'll continue with inventory steps three and four.

Thank you."
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 13:25
    Please post the number of days (as of the current date) since you joined;
    then we'll continue with inventory steps three and four.
    Perhaps you could replace your calculation of my days-on-this-site with your calculation of your days-on-this-site, which is still missing.
  10. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 14:41
    In fact the information when a member joined is "public knowledge". The number of days can easily calculated from that information (and should be given for a given date for each member if significance would be the purpose).

"Active" seems to be defined as "participating in this thread"
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 14:44
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    In fact the information when a member joined is "public knowledge". The number of days can easily calculated from that information (and should be given for a given date for each member if significance would be the purpose).

"Active" seems to be defined as "participating in this thread"
    If people want to participate by calculating their days-on-this-site and posting it to this thread, that seems fine to me.
  12. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 15:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    If people want to participate by calculating their days-on-this-site and posting it to this thread, that seems fine to me.
    If you don't want to be included in the list it is your good right, but probably you can't force it.

Cheers!
  13. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 15:04
    Reason for joining? My grandson wanted me to, he played a lot of chess then.
  14. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 15:13
    Originally posted by lolof
    Reason for joining? My grandson wanted me to, he played a lot of chess then.
    You're a good grandma! πŸ™‚
  15. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 15:171 edit
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    You're a good grandma! πŸ™‚
    Thank you, perhaps I am. I have spent many hours in the chess club quite a distance from his home, waiting for him to finish his games and making sure that he had someting to eat and also during tournaments. That's what grandma's are for, I think... πŸ™‚

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree