1. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 13:402 edits
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Start writing it straight away sir.
    I working on getting "like a rolling stone" to rhyme with "pink fluffy unicorn."

I'm stymied,

but not for forlorn.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 15:49
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    I working on getting "like a rolling stone" to rhyme with "pink fluffy unicorn."

I'm stymied,

but not for forlorn.
    Moonbus wants to replace the pawn, (though not forlorn)
    with a pink fluffy unicorn. (Complete with horn).
    and instead of a knight.
    two pink lumps of Turkish Delight.

What a fright.
    Goodnight.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 12:12
    Comments and Feedback for: The love of friends

An interesting Story about a human condition. I found mainly the Emotion: confusion on the side of Phil. I don't know if "happiness" hits it for Mark. It could be more like recognition?

Phil turns 180 degrees in the end, after having been on the Moral high ground we find out he was unfaithful with Mark's wife and now will be with his Mistress...

What kept me from voting for the piece?

Drew you wrote that you had a hard time in writing from a man's perspective. While I believe that there are men like Mark and Phil, it still felt strange. I couldn't connect to either (not after the surprise ending exposing Phil as fraud).
    You changed the tellers persepctive for the lat paragraph, this actually is something that sits not well with me. It would have worked equally well or even better if you would have kept the first Person perspective. You could have even put in one or more emotions for Phil (revenge (after all Phil thinks that Mark has undeserved good luck), excitation (a new woman to educe), sadness (I am unfaithful to my friend, but I can't help it...)
  4. Gothenburg
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 12:272 edits
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    Comments and Feedback for: The love of friends

An interesting Story about a human condition. I found mainly the Emotion: confusion on the side of Phil. I don't know if "happiness" hits it for Mark. It could be more like recognition?

Phil turns 180 degrees in the end, after having been on the Moral high ground we find out he was unfaithful with Mark ...[text shortened]... xcitation (a new woman to educe), sadness (I am unfaithful to my friend, but I can't help it...)
    I think I understood it different:
    Mark is cheating on his wife Trudy for a much younger girl. Phil seems upset and blames his friend for what he is doing, and then we can read that he - Phil - is having an affair with both Trudy and Mark's mistress.
    Have I got it right?
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 12:34
    Originally posted by @torunn
    I think I understood it different:
    Mark is cheating on his wife Trudy for a much younger girl. Phil seems upset and blames his friend for what he is doing, and then we can read that he - Phil - is having an affair with both Trudy and Mark's mistress.
    Have I got it right?
    That is exactly how I understood it. I hope I was not too confusing in my Feedback remarks πŸ™
  6. Gothenburg
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 12:361 edit
    That is exactly how I understood it. I hope I was not too confusing in my Feedback remarks πŸ™
    I'm sorry, Ponderable - the situation in itself is confusing - everybody's cheating on everybody.
  7. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 12:45
    I read it that way too. Great irony!
    Phil has a trumpian personality disorder indeed.
    I had that one scored at #5 on my list.
  8. Gothenburg
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 12:49
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    I read it that way too. Great irony!
    Phil has a trumpian personality disorder indeed.
    I had that one scored at #5 on my list.
    Mark is like many other men, or people, falling in and out of love and feels certain that his wife will be there waiting. Phil is just no good, cheating on women as well as his best friend.

Have I got that right?
  9. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 12:50
    Mark is like many other men, or people, falling in and out of love and feels certain that his wife will be there waiting. Phil is just no good, cheating on women as well as his best friend.

Have I got that right?
    Yes.

And then we have Trudy what is she up to, cheating on her husband and wanting another child (by him? 😲)
  10. Gothenburg
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 12:52
    Yes.

And then we have Trudy what is she up to, cheating on her husband and wanting another child (by him? 😲)
    Yes! Everyone is cheating, the mistress too. What a mess...! πŸ™‚
  11. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 12:53
    Yes! Everyone is cheating, the mistress too. What a mess...! πŸ™‚
    Well we can't be sure about Ginny. How about a second Installation about her Encounter with Mark? It could run several ways πŸ˜‰
  12. Gothenburg
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 13:00
    Well we can't be sure about Ginny. How about a second Installation about her Encounter with Mark? It could run several ways πŸ˜‰
    Ginny's number was among Phil's cellphone contacts... These guys have to make sure to keep en eye on their phones. I saw a movie recently where the husband kept a second cellphone in the back of his car so he wouldn't bring it into the house - just to be safe. πŸ™‚
  13. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 13:02
    Ginny's number was among Phil's cellphone contacts... These guys have to make sure to keep en eye on their phones. I saw a movie recently where the husband kept a second cellphone in the back of his car so he wouldn't bring it into the house - just to be safe. πŸ™‚
    She is a colleague (Ginny from accounting) so he could have her number anyway...
  14. Gothenburg
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 13:04
    She is a colleague (Ginny from accounting) so he could have her number anyway...
    That's right - he also uses a different name, Ginny. Mark said 'Janine'.
  15. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 13:06
    That's right - he also uses a different name, Ginny. Mark said 'Janine'.
    So we Need Drew to help us out here: Does this (the use of a private Name) constitute a relationship between Phil and Janine/Ginny ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree