1. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    29 Oct '14 17:13
    Leave it in the sun for about a year. The sun shine has a natural bleaching effect. It may also cause all the ingredients in the tomato juice to turn to compost. One or the other. If nothing else it would make a great experiment and maybe worthy of a new thread next year to find out the results.
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    29 Oct '14 17:35
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Dear Ladies of RHP, I have this terrible problem... It has flummoxed me for years. Maybe some one of you can help. How do you get tomato sauce stains out of white or translucent plastic (such as rubber spatulas and TupperWare)? Running them through the just dishwasher doesn't do it.

(PS I already thought of buying only red spatulas and TupperWare. Couldn't find any.)
    Toss the offensive articles and buy new ones. The money you'll spend on things to try to get rid of the stains, to say nothing of your time wasted here isn't worth it. In the future use wooden (Ipe) spoons/spatulas and china.
  3. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    29 Oct '14 17:41
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Toss the offensive articles and buy new ones. The money you'll spend on things to try to get rid of the stains, to say nothing of your time wasted here isn't worth it. In the future use wooden (Ipe) spoons/spatulas and china.
    Stop making economical sense. That's too easy and doesn't answer the question directly. Besides we aren't here to make the guy rich or to be his financial advisor. We are here to bug the crap out of him and make him look silly. That's what forums are for. Grow up. Oh and thumbs up anyway.
  4. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    29 Oct '14 17:43
    "wooden china"

HA!!!
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    29 Oct '14 17:48
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    Stop making economical sense. That's too easy and doesn't answer the question directly. Besides we aren't here to make the guy rich or to be his financial advisor. We are here to bug the crap out of him and make him look silly. That's what forums are for. Grow up. Oh and thumbs up anyway.
    Your previous theory has some merit although I suspect that the sun would quickly degrade the plastic, or whatever material, rendering them of no use other than, maybe, objets d'art, which could be a financial benefit to them. I can see it now, "Opening soon, at the National Art Gallery, The Art of Stained Cooking Utensils Gone Bad".
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    29 Oct '14 17:49
    Hey, when I need help making myself look silly, I'll PM ya !
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    29 Oct '14 17:56
    Originally posted by rookie54
    "wooden china"

HA!!!
    I used to sell a lot of wood in(to) China.
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    29 Oct '14 17:56
    Your previous theory has some merit although I suspect that the sun would quickly degrade the plastic, or whatever material, rendering them of no use other than, maybe, objets d'art, which could be a financial benefit to them. I can see it now, "Opening soon, at the National Art Gallery, The Art of Stained Cooking Utensils Gone Bad".
    "Eine Kleine Spatulatia" ?

Now accepting bids starting at 1 mio Swiss Francs. Numbered account, strictly tax evadable.
  9. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    29 Oct '14 18:00
    There you go almost making sense again...I've about had it with you.
  10. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    29 Oct '14 18:06
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Hey, when I need help making myself look silly, I'll PM ya !
    Don't make me laugh. My face will crack and cause someone to start a new thread. "Tips on how to make 'moonbus' look silly".
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    29 Oct '14 18:09
    There you go almost making sense again...I've about had it with you.
    Not even close.😲😀
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Oct '14 18:49
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    And you are going to still use these spatulas and TupperWare containers for preparing and storing of food afterwards?

Also, I feel like such a dainty little lady currently... loving it.
    Yeah, I'm thinking this, too.

If this were an easy problem to solve, then manufacturers would already be making these non-stainable utensils and containers. All my utensils are not white (or translucent) for this very reason. I just try not to microwave food in these containers (put the food on a plate and microwave that). No solutions here, I'm afraid.
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    31 Oct '14 19:33
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    Rotary I think.

Other options I just thought of are sandblasting, paint stripper, or maybe muratic acid.

How about acetone? Just sniff it for a while and you won't care about the stains anymore!
    Gentlemen's Kitchen Chemistry 101 follow on:

Two days in direct sun shine seems to have worked better than anything else so far.

Does anybody know how to remove snail trails from a white rubber spatula?
  14. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    31 Oct '14 20:22

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    31 Oct '14 20:29
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Materials You Will Need

rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol)
    shaving cream (if the alcohol doesn't remove the ink)
    hairspray (if neither the alcohol nor shaving cream works)
    non-flammable dry cleaning fluid (another option)

Ink Removal Instructions

Dab rubbing alcohol onto the ink.
    Allow a couple of minutes for the alcohol to penetrate the surface and react with the ink.
    Blot the ink stain using layers of white paper towels or a cloth that has been dampened in either alcohol or water.
    If the alcohol is ineffective, try using foaming shaving cream.
    If the shaving cream doesn't work, hairspray usually will remove ink, but it should only be used as a last resort because hairspray damages some surfaces and fabrics.
    Non-flammable dry cleaning fluid may remove certain inks. If you use dry cleaning fluid to remove a stain, rinse the area with water afterwards.

I googled this.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree