General Forum

General Forum

  1. rebel city
    Joined
    20 Jun '09
    Moves
    74241
    18 Jul '14 19:23
    I am planning to adopt a puppy, a Staffie Boxer, female, 8 weeks old. I have a female cat, 4 yrs old. I wonder if anyone here has experience in introducing a puppy to a cat, and also, does anyone know the personality of a staffie boxer? Any advice and suggestions will be most welcome. Thanks.
  2. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Joined
    09 Jun '14
    Moves
    10079
    18 Jul '14 19:51
    Originally posted by Tabitha Marshall
    I am planning to adopt a puppy, a Staffie Boxer, female, 8 weeks old. I have a female cat, 4 yrs old. I wonder if anyone here has experience in introducing a puppy to a cat, and also, does anyone know the personality of a staffie boxer? Any advice and suggestions will be most welcome. Thanks.
    hi Tabitha had a few pups over my life good to here you have chosen a crossbreed(better health) also glad you have chosen a female as they tend to be gentler and more affectionate I suggest you have her spayed as soon as the vet allows and get all her jabs housetraining is easy if you are at home otherwise its a newspaper at the door and a reward when she has been that goes for when you are out walking positive praise works better than getting annoyed as the pup wont understand good luck Maura and feel free to pick my brains anytime.
  3. rebel city
    Joined
    20 Jun '09
    Moves
    74241
    18 Jul '14 20:02
    Originally posted by redbadger
    hi Tabitha had a few pups over my life good to here you have chosen a crossbreed(better health) also glad you have chosen a female as they tend to be gentler and more affectionate I suggest you have her spayed as soon as the vet allows and get all her jabs housetraining is easy if you are at home otherwise its a newspaper at the door and a reward when she ...[text shortened]... ting annoyed as the pup wont understand good luck Maura and feel free to pick my brains anytime.
    hi Mr Badger, do you know of this particular crossbreed? I checked on the net but did not find any precise info, although I am sure that with love and care combined with some discipline, I should be successful in raising a nice friendly dog in the same way I did with my beloved cat. Anyway, I hope that staffie boxer likes cats. 🙂
  4. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    918566
    18 Jul '14 20:06
    that main thing to do is go all around your house and take alot of pictures so that you will be able to take a look at them later on and remember how nice your house used to look
  5. rebel city
    Joined
    20 Jun '09
    Moves
    74241
    18 Jul '14 20:07
    Originally posted by coquette
    that main thing to do is go all around your house and take alot of pictures so that you will be able to take a look at them later on and remember how nice your house used to look
    hi coquette, I like your suggestion, it made me laugh. 🙂
    I shall follow your advice.
  6. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Joined
    09 Jun '14
    Moves
    10079
    18 Jul '14 20:111 edit
    Originally posted by Tabitha Marshall
    hi Mr Badger, do you know of this particular crossbreed? I checked on the net but did not find any precise info, although I am sure that with love and care combined with some discipline, I should be successful in raising a nice friendly dog in the same way I did with my beloved cat. Anyway, I hope that staffie boxer likes cats. 🙂
    I had a staffy x borderterrier she was really gentle and my brother had a boxer dog very bouncy and full of beans I have allways had crossbreeds and all female and all four were gentle Michael has 2 and my daughter has 3 all gentle keep me posted.try dogforum.net
  7. rebel city
    Joined
    20 Jun '09
    Moves
    74241
    18 Jul '14 20:18
    Originally posted by redbadger
    I had a staffy x borderterrier she was really gentle and my brother had a boxer dog very bouncy and full of beans I have allways had crossbreeds and all female and all four were gentle Michael has 2 and my daughter has 3 all gentle keep me posted.
    I shall do but first I must get the puppy. The animal society here in cork needs to investigate myself a bit, come to the house, make sure I am suitable. That doesn't worry me specially because I work from home and the puppy will never be left alone. In addition, I have my son and nephews right next door who are all very happy with my decision. In fact, the puppy is the birthday pressie I give myself (58 yesterday). Am so looking forward to extending the family. 🙂
  8. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Joined
    09 Jun '14
    Moves
    10079
    18 Jul '14 20:22
    Originally posted by Tabitha Marshall
    I shall do but first I must get the puppy. The animal society here in cork needs to investigate myself a bit, come to the house, make sure I am suitable. That doesn't worry me specially because I work from home and the puppy will never be left alone. In addition, I have my son and nephews right next door who are all very happy with my decision. In f ...[text shortened]... birthday pressie I give myself (58 yesterday). Am so looking forward to extending the family. 🙂
    dogforum.net I got on that site and most people on there say that both breeds are gentle and a cross will get you a medium sized dog they have a name bullboxer
  9. rebel city
    Joined
    20 Jun '09
    Moves
    74241
    18 Jul '14 20:25
    Originally posted by redbadger
    dogforum.net I got on that site and most people on there say that both breeds are gentle and a cross will get you a medium sized dog they have a name bullboxer
    I will check the forum straight away. Thanks for the hint.
  10. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    18 Jul '14 20:39
    The boxer will love to have a furry snack 😉
  11. rebel city
    Joined
    20 Jun '09
    Moves
    74241
    18 Jul '14 21:31
    Originally posted by Seitse
    The boxer will [b]love to have a furry snack 😉[/b]
    My Tully is so cute and edible. 😉
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    19 Jul '14 00:05
    Originally posted by Tabitha Marshall
    I shall do but first I must get the puppy. The animal society here in cork needs to investigate myself a bit, come to the house, make sure I am suitable. That doesn't worry me specially because I work from home and the puppy will never be left alone. In addition, I have my son and nephews right next door who are all very happy with my decision. In f ...[text shortened]... birthday pressie I give myself (58 yesterday). Am so looking forward to extending the family. 🙂
    All the best and every good wish on your birthday, Tabitha. Have you decided on a name for your new family member?
  13. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97046
    19 Jul '14 13:50
    Originally posted by Seitse
    The boxer will [b]love to have a furry snack 😉[/b]
    That's the experience we had when we were thinking of adopting a boxer. Ended up with a Labradoodle.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35761
    20 Jul '14 07:15
    I would encourage all people looking for a pet to consider adopting from a shelter or their local animal control facility. There are all manners of pets there from newborn puppies and kittens to older dogs and cats hoping for a forever home. Some of these animals have been abandoned by former owners and are heartbroken that their families have turned them out. The terrible thing is that most dogs and cats are euthanized if they are not adopted because there are just so many of them and so little space. Please give these dogs and cats a chance at finding their forever home with people who will love them.

    And please, once you do adopt your new friend, be sure to neuter or spay them (if they aren't already) to help reduce the sheer number of unwanted pets who are euthanized every year.
  15. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    20 Jul '14 16:21
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    consider adopting from a shelter

    be sure to neuter or spay them
    I support wholeheartedly the first suggestion. I adopted from Roger's Farm in Yorkshire a beautiful piglet and, after months of nurturing him, I prepared perhaps the best barbeque in the history of mankind. He was delicious. And at what cost? Zero.

    On the second one, I disagree. The solution is responsible owners, NOT mutilation. Under the same logic, shouldn't we neuter humans so we end with so many unwanted children in the streets and orphanages? I mean, sure, some humans I know should be castrated or their Fallopian tubes chopped, but truth be told, it is morally wrong.
Back to Top