1. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Aug '16 21:322 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    If someone answers whom you don't like, will you believe them?
    Handy Andy has already answered and I believe and appreciated what he said and I find Handy Andy not very likeable due to the injurious nature of many of his texts which are personal attacks on my dignity and majesty. You seem almost immune to the evidence of my posting history which is a pity because if you paid more attention you would not repeatedly be asking all kinds of things that are self evident to the discerning reader.

Indeed after reviewing your text again it appears to me to be possibly the worst explanation of the difference between affect and effect that I have read on the internet. Were you trying to be clever?
  2. In your face
    Moves
    31 Aug '16 21:38
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Handy Andy has already answered and I believe and appreciated what he said and I find Handy Andy not very likeable due to the injurious nature of many of his texts which are personal attacks on my dignity and majesty. You seem almost immune to the evidence of my posting history which is a pity because if you paid more attention you would not repeate ...[text shortened]... rence between affect and effect that I have read on the internet. Were you trying to be clever?
    You dropped these

Next lesson is punctuation?
  3. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    31 Aug '16 23:06
    Can someone explain, illustrate and make a practical application of the difference between affect and effect. Honestly I have tried to look up articles on-line but still have trouble grasping the subtle differences. I remain capable of rational thought - thanks in advance - Robbie.
    the easy riders getting handed free points from the sister clans has an EFFECT on the clan standings, resulting in cheats at the top
    this will probably AFFECT future subscriptions to RHP

do you understand now robbie
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Sep '16 02:37
    ok, it uses letters, X,Y and Z almost like a logic equation rather than focus on how the terms are used in a practical sense. Thus the illustration is poor and of little practical use. It would have been much better and less confusing if you had used the terms in a sentence that people use everyday as I had the good sense to do. Honestly I found y ...[text shortened]... I am not upset with you, not enough to dispense with reading your text about affect and effect.
    Dispensing with your misnomer that logic is expressed as an equation, the letters X, Y and Z weren't used in that way at all. Perhaps their parsimonious use as substitutes for literal examples has some who confused you into thinking that I was using algebra.

Of course what is really happening here, is you have once again dug a little spite-pit and fallen into it yourself. Now you are scrabbling around making all kinds of nonsensical noises about logic and equations in a vain attempt to justify attacking me.

Carry on. 🙂
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Sep '16 02:44
    Handy Andy has already answered and I believe and appreciated what he said and I find Handy Andy not very likeable due to the injurious nature of many of his texts which are personal attacks on my dignity and majesty. You seem almost immune to the evidence of my posting history which is a pity because if you paid more attention you would not repeate ...[text shortened]... rence between affect and effect that I have read on the internet. Were you trying to be clever?
    No, I wasn't trying to be clever at all.

I don't think my reply to you was in anyway complex or incomprehensible, I was simply trying to reply to your interesting OP, but as usual you have shlt in your own nest and turned your thread into an opportunity for you to attack one of your dissenters.

Perhaps you should stick to posting in the clans forum where your polarised thinking and partisan comedy routine seems at least to be congruent with the general theme.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Sep '16 02:47
    Originally posted by roma45
    the easy riders getting handed free points from the sister clans has an [b]EFFECT on the clan standings, resulting in cheats at the top

do you understand now robbie[/b]
    Hats off.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Sep '16 06:04
    Hi Suzianne 😉
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Sep '16 07:143 edits
    the easy riders getting handed free points from the sister clans has an [b]EFFECT on the clan standings, resulting in cheats at the top

do you understand now robbie[/b]
    No I don't think you have used it correctly. Let me try to help you.

The Easy Riders remain unaffected by the jealousies of lesser clans like the sandbagging St. Johnstone clan whose leader is currently masquerading as a 1400 rated player even though he's a 1700 rated player in reality to the effect that neither he nor his whining cohorts have any moral leverage.

There fixed. If you need any more help in understanding the difference between affect and effect or the difference between greatness and mediocrity please be sure to let me know.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Sep '16 07:18
    Dispensing with your misnomer that logic is expressed as an equation, the letters X, Y and Z weren't used in that way at all. Perhaps their parsimonious use as substitutes for literal examples has some who confused you into thinking that I was using algebra.

Of course what is really happening here, is you have once again dug a little spite-pit and fa ...[text shortened]... cal noises about logic and equations in a vain attempt to justify attacking me.

Carry on. 🙂
    who knows what you were thinking?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Sep '16 07:18
    No, I wasn't trying to be clever at all.

I don't think my reply to you was in anyway complex or incomprehensible, I was simply trying to reply to your interesting OP, but as usual you have shlt in your own nest and turned your thread into an opportunity for you to attack one of your dissenters.

Perhaps you should stick to posting in the clans for ...[text shortened]... ised thinking and partisan comedy routine seems at least to be congruent with the general theme.
    No it was, it was lame.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Sep '16 07:19
    Hats off.
    wow a flunkie convention,.
  12. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    01 Sep '16 11:08
    wow a flunkie convention,.
    do you the difference between BEAT and CHEAT?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Sep '16 14:22
    No it was, it was lame.
    Considering you started a thread asking for advice, you've pretty quickly devolved it into you telling everyone that they are wrong. But then that's you're MO here isn't it. 😛
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Sep '16 14:23
    who knows what you were thinking?
    Try here Robbie, this is where you get the rest of your thoughts from:

www.jw.org
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Sep '16 14:541 edit
    do you the difference between [b]BEAT and CHEAT?[/b]
    yes a beat is a measurement of the division of music and can be measured depending on certain factors, for example 4/4 is four crotchet beats to the bar, or 6/8 is six quavers to the bar. It can also be a measurement of tempo, for example 120 bpm (beats per minute). A cheat is what the leader of St Johnstone is, radiobagger69.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree