air travel

Subscribermlb62
General 11 Jun '20 02:29
  1. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    11 Jun '20 02:29
    Just spoke to a neighbor who returned from Oklahoma yesterday.. I asked about "social distancing" she said they were crammed in the seats like always.. Got to keep the profit margins going..
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '20 03:36
    @ogb said
    Just spoke to a neighbor who returned from Oklahoma yesterday.. I asked about "social distancing" she said they were crammed in the seats like always.. Got to keep the profit margins going..
    Was your neighbour travelling in order to make money?

Would they have been happy or pay twice as much for their ticket if half the seats had been empty?
  3. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    11 Jun '20 04:15
    @divegeester said
    Was your neighbour travelling in order to make money?
    she's retired and flew to OK. to look at real estate. She's moving to be closer to her son, but she is happy to be leaving California, for any reason. I wouldn't mind settling in S. dakota, in a small town..Then line all the walls with various pistols and rifles..
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '20 05:49
    @ogb said
    she's retired and flew to OK. to look at real estate. She's moving to be closer to her son, but she is happy to be leaving California, for any reason. I wouldn't mind settling in S. dakota, in a small town..Then line all the walls with various pistols and rifles..
    So she’s not flying to make profit, but would she pay twice as much for her ticket in order to have the social distancing?

If you don’t want someone sat next to you on a plane, just buy next seat yourself. Simple.
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '20 06:27
    @ogb said
    You realize the airlines are losing millions right? Plus to think any kind of reasonable distance is possible on a flight is laughable, unless you're flying business class which of course the vast majority aren't.

If you're worried about the virus, don't fly. It really can't get any simpler.
  6. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    11 Jun '20 08:23
    British Airways to axe 12,000 jobs (May 2020) versus Last year (2019) clear profit of £2.6 Billion🤔🤷‍♂️ Snuff business acumen I'd say🚬
  7. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    11 Jun '20 09:08
    @hells-caretaker said
    British Airways to axe 12,000 jobs (May 2020) versus Last year (2019) clear profit of £2.6 Billion🤔🤷‍♂️ Snuff business acumen I'd say🚬
    If some guy is making money running a machine that dumps $hit in your back yard how worried should you be if he goes out of business though?! There is too much redundant air flight. Liverpool played Madrid in Kyiv, what was that about?
  8. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    11 Jun '20 09:40
    @petewxyz

Personally (not flown in years) no worries, reap what you sow, fate will have it's hand. At over 1500 quid a flight. Reminds me of the birth of the ATOLL scheme... This industry will have to change & to me looks to late...
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '20 12:08
    @petewxyz said
    If some guy is making money running a machine that dumps $hit in your back yard how worried should you be if he goes out of business though?! There is too much redundant air flight. Liverpool played Madrid in Kyiv, what was that about?
    Best was Arsenal vs Chelsea in Baku, loved their response to criticism hosting it there, they didn't think two English clubs would reach the final. Who were they expecting, two Turkish sides? Beyond ridiculous.
  10. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    11 Jun '20 12:511 edit
    @trev33 said
    Best was Arsenal vs Chelsea in Baku, loved their response to criticism hosting it there, they didn't think two English clubs would reach the final. Who were they expecting, two Turkish sides? Beyond ridiculous.
    Of course just 6000 tickets sent to each club for official sale. So where do the rest go? Ultimately they are on the street at a massive mark up. I suspect they get there after being acquired locally via backhanders to UEFA so the venue is chosen by the biggest backhander system. Then UEFA have the audacity to say don't travel without official tickets knowing they have caused the majority to be on the street and thus encouraged ticketless fans who are not official members or vetted by the club to travel.

What made me laugh about Baku was the stadium was half empty because this time the ticketless didn't travel. Too far, ridiculous accommodation and flight prices and not very committed fan base so big own goal for UEFA!
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Jun '20 13:06
    @trev33 said
    Are you back to travelling yet trev?

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree