1. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    01 Sep '13 02:31
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. I mean look at poor Frank. 🙂
    You make a good case Art.
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    01 Sep '13 02:41
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    That kind of help can easily turn into a dealer/junky relationship, with approximately a third getting better, a third staying the same and a third getting worse. Not an impressive track record, especially when you consider how the help being provided is by professionals.

Meds can work as a short term quick fix, but so can alcohol. Long t ...[text shortened]... e. But I'll probably forget to go, or will lose interest in going before the day is over.
    Any "dependence" on anything is a huge issue and requires some kind of intervention. I smoked for about 30 years and have been smoke free for about 25+ years. I know how hard it is to break that dependence. During those 30 years I quit twice for two years each time. When I finally quit it was because I announced to my coworkers and family that I had bought my last pack of smokes. I announced my last cigarette and my last puff. Done. The timing was right but most importantly I was ready to quit. The rest, as they say, is history.
  3. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    01 Sep '13 14:07
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Any "dependence" on anything is a huge issue and requires some kind of intervention. I smoked for about 30 years and have been smoke free for about 25+ years. I know how hard it is to break that dependence. During those 30 years I quit twice for two years each time. When I finally quit it was because I announced to my coworkers and family that I had ...[text shortened]... timing was right but most importantly I was ready to quit. The rest, as they say, is history.
    It's true, what you say. I was a smoker for many years and I quit '93. It wasn't difficult as I, as you say, had made up my mind to stop. The only inconvenience I experienced was that I did not enjoy coffee or wine as much as I used to before, something was missing. After about a year I didn't give it much thought.
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    24 Sep '13 12:17
    It makes you feel all warm inside. It reduces pain, and makes the internet fun.
    Cheers
    That is why your body is making alcohol in the digestion process 😉
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Sep '13 14:07
    Cheers
    AND you can use it to clean your flat screen.
  6. Standard memberempovsun
    Adepto 'er perfectu
    Moves
    24 Sep '13 16:21
    Cheers
    i used to do that too, but it seemed to create more problems for me so...
    it has been over a year since i've last gotten drunk
    harder than quitting tobacco, i tell ya 🙁
  7. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    24 Sep '13 18:21
    Originally posted by empovsun
    i used to do that too, but it seemed to create more problems for me so...
    it has been over a year since i've last gotten drunk
    harder than quitting tobacco, i tell ya 🙁
    A man goes to the doctor. The doc says, "You're a very sick man. I want you to quit doing drugs, smoking, drinking and having sex." The man said, "I don't do drugs or smoke or drink and I've never had sex."
    Then the doctor retorted "What do you have to live for?"
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Sep '13 18:33
    A man goes to the doctor. The doc says, "You're a very sick man. I want you to quit doing drugs, smoking, drinking and having sex." The man said, "I don't do drugs or smoke or drink and I've never had sex."
    Then the doctor retorted "What do you have to live for?"
    To which the man says, "That's why I came to see you. You are a psychiatrist right?"
  9. Standard memberempovsun
    Adepto 'er perfectu
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 01:45
    love conquers all 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree