1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 May '23 18:22
    @moonbus said
    I wouldn’t put it past some lawyer who charges enormously inflated fees to try this defense. Probably in America.
    "Your Honour, the hand that wielded that knife 7 years ago is not the hand you see here today..."
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 May '23 18:26
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Goddamit.
    Try to remain calm, think about your B/P. πŸ™‚

-VR
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 May '23 18:29
    @very-rusty said
    Try to remain calm, think about your B/P. πŸ™‚

-VR
    I don't have a blood pressure.

It's a British thing.
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    30 May '23 18:332 edits
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    "Your Honour, the hand that wielded that knife 7 years ago is not the hand you see here today..."
    As I tell all my clients, "If you intend to pursue a life of perry crime, it is best not to make yourself readily identifiable; a tattoo and a northern accent are practically a 20-year sentence, however I shall try to get you off with an electronic bracelet."
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 May '23 18:34
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I don't have a blood pressure.

It's a British thing.
    LOL.....Sure mate, sure! πŸ™‚

-VR
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 May '23 18:37
    @moonbus said
    As I tell all my clients, "If you intend to pursue a life of crime, it is best not to make yourself readily identifiable; a tattoo and a northern accent are practically a 20-year sentence, however I shall try to get you off with an electronic bracelet."
    An electric blanket you say?
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 May '23 18:40
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    bracelet is what he said, you may need glasses while your getting your B/P checked. πŸ™‚

-VR
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    30 May '23 18:43
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Well, it's either that or the comfy chair. Take yer pick.
  9. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    30 May '23 20:12
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Although not entirely true, let's assume you are a completely new person every 7 years (where all your cells have been replaced and regenerated). Would one therefore be able to claim that anything bad we did 7 years ago was not done by us?

Asking for a friend.
    It would be quite handy to divide ones' life into seven year periods, and decide which would be the seven years you wish to use to represent yourself. For example, 0 - 7, innocence, 7 - 14 fairly innocent, 14 - 21, forget it, and so on. I think I did okay 49 - 56, probably my best cells, yeah, I think I'll use those....
  10. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    30 May '23 20:45
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Although not entirely true, let's assume you are a completely new person every 7 years (where all your cells have been replaced and regenerated). Would one therefore be able to claim that anything bad we did 7 years ago was not done by us?

Asking for a friend.
    Sounds like you're going to bat for GhostofaDuke from 7 years ago πŸ™‚ need a little statute of limitations, do you?

lol
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 May '23 22:37
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Sounds like you're going to bat for GhostofaDuke from 7 years ago πŸ™‚ need a little statute of limitations, do you?

lol
    Murder has no Statute of Limitations.

>.>
    <.<
    What?
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    31 May '23 00:09
    @moonbus said
    Well, it's either that or the comfy chair. Take yer pick.
    I don't want to sound greedy but would it be possible to have both? πŸ™‚

-VR
  13. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    31 May '23 00:48
    @ghost-of-a-duke said

Asking for a friend.
    If depends on how well you hid the bodies. Or so I've been told.
  14. Gothenburg
    Moves
    31 May '23 06:05
    @ghost-of-a-duke said

Asking for a friend.
    I have given it some more thought, and no, you can't blame your old cells for old deeds.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 May '23 06:19
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    If you are indeed a “completely new person” then you would no longer be the person who did the bad thing and therefore not culpable.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree