An Original Approach To Dream Interpretation

An Original Approach To Dream Interpretation

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Nov 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Makes sense to me, too. Do you dream frequently?
I imagine I do, but I just don't remember them as much upon waking. I'd guess that means my id is doing its job and doesn't have to get assistance from my ego, anymore. 🙂

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Nov 13

Originally posted by lemon lime
I had no idea you could train yourself to have lucid dreams, I assumed they just happened or they didn't happen. When I was in my late twenties I learned how to take a really good power nap. It always lasted about twenty minutes and when I came out of it I felt great. Turns out I was doing what the transcendental meditation people do. When I described wha ...[text shortened]... and that it was just a myth. For me this was true, my thoughts were causing those headaches. 🙂
Yeah, they even have devices with an LED by your eye that will flash when it detects REM, so when you see this in your dream it is supposed to cue you that you are dreaming.

I still occasionally get migraines, I used to think it was something in my diet causing these, but after several years, I still haven't narrowed it down. I do have them far less frequently now though, so it's altogether possible they were caused by anxiety.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Nov 13

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, but most of the time it's something WAY different. 😕
I disagree. Most of the time, it IS just a cigar.

My question about Freud is, did he ever think about his theory that dreams were caused by the libido and why he smoked so many cigars? I suppose that's why he said that "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar". Good, way to CYA there, Sigmund. (BTW, it was Kipling who said "but a good cigar is a smoke", sometimes people think Freud said that, too.)