He seems such a nice guy! 🙂
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Nov '17 14:231 edit
    Originally posted by @torunn
    He seems such a nice guy! 🙂
    LOL...Where have you been? He had been a bad boy in the past, just straightened his act out recently or so it appears at least for now!! 😉

http://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity/news/g4782/prince-harry-cringe-worthy-moments/

-VR
  4. Gothenburg
    Moves
    27 Nov '17 14:26
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    LOL...Where have you been? He had been a bad boy in the past, just straightened his act out recently or so it appears at least for now!! 😉

-VR
    Do you know more about him than I? I doubt he has been any worse than any other Royal member in modern times.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Nov '17 14:31
    Do you know more about him than I? I doubt he has been any worse than any other Royal member in modern times.
    http://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity/news/g4782/prince-harry-cringe-worthy-moments/

Check out the above link and get back to me on that! 😉 I believe his father did much worst though! Just my humble opinion as always.

-VR
  6. Gothenburg
    Moves
    27 Nov '17 14:381 edit

Check out the above link and get back to me on that! 😉 I believe his father did much worst though! Just my humble opinion as always.

-VR
    I'm sure you can find a lot of bad stuff about many of his age and kind but that doesn't matter now, at least not to me. He seems a good man.
    The question is - to many of us - should we have a monarchy at all with all the costs involved, and I say 'yes'.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Nov '17 15:30
    I'm sure you can find a lot of bad stuff about many of his age and kind but that doesn't matter now, at least not to me. He seems a good man.
    The question is - to many of us - should we have a monarchy at all with all the costs involved, and I say 'yes'.
    It has nothing to do with his age, that is just an excuse, like oh I was drunk. Well you got yourself in that shape with no one twisting your arm. When you are a part of a monarachy you have to conduct yourself at certain standards, Harry didn't do that.

Are the Millions of dollars spent worth the monarchay? I say NO, the money could be put to much better use helping the starving children in the world.

-VR
  8. Gothenburg
    Moves
    27 Nov '17 15:36
    It has nothing to do with his age, that is just an excuse, like oh I was drunk. Well you got yourself in that shape with no one twisting your arm. When you are a part of a monarachy you have to conduct yourself at certain standards, Harry didn't do that.

Are the Millions of dollars spent worth the monarchay? I say NO, the money could be put to much better use helping the starving children in the world.

-VR
    Never mind what he did, I believe he does good things now.
    If the money that we spend on our royal family and our royal traditions was spent the way you suggest, then perhaps I would share some of your views. But it wouldn't, would it?
    Monarchy, from my point of view, has been a guarantee for stability, worth its price.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Nov '17 15:421 edit
    Never mind what he did, I believe he does good things now.
    If the money that we spend on our royal family and our royal traditions was spent the way you suggest, then perhaps I would share some of your views. But it wouldn't, would it?
    Monarchy, from my point of view, has been a guarantee for stability, worth its price.
    Then we can agree to disagree on this one.

One's past is never really in the past. Once you make your bed you lie in it rather you change, stay the same, or go back to your old ways.

Not that it matters in Harry's case as he will never see the throne in his life time anyways, unless events dramatically change.

-VR
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Nov '17 15:461 edit

-VR
    Step away from the Royal family sir.....
  11. Gothenburg
    Moves
    27 Nov '17 15:471 edit
    Then we can agree to disagree on this one.

One's past is never really in the past. Once you make your bed you lie in it rather you change, stay the same, or go back to your old ways.

Not that it matters in Harry's case as he will never see the throne in his life time anyways, unless events dramatically change.

-VR
    Do we need a perfect past to deserve respect as adults? Should old sins never be forgiven? It's never an easy road to adulthood.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Nov '17 15:53
    Do we need a perfect past to deserve respect as adults? Should old sins never be forgiven? It's never an easy road to adulthood.
    Lets just wait and see what happens down the road with Harry. We will see how his adult life goes from here.

-VR
  13. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Nov '17 16:00
    Lets just wait and see what happens down the road with Harry. We will see how his adult life goes from here.
    One thing's certain: he'll have to try very hard if he is to be a worse embarrassment ro Blighty than the republican Nigel "Sweden is an Islamist terror state" Farage.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Nov '17 19:32

-VR
    Regardless of the money.
    What message does hereditary privilege give to people?
    Your worth is dependant on your parents?

It is a vile system. Destroy it.
  15. Gothenburg
    Moves
    27 Nov '17 19:50
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Regardless of the money.
    What message does hereditary privilege give to people?
    Your worth is dependant on your parents?

It is a vile system. Destroy it.
    Many children are born into families of wealth (successful business people and such), those privileges are hereditary too. Not quite the same thing, I agree, but as I have lived all my life in a nation of monarchy, I just can't see it any other way.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree