1. Joined
    07 Aug '12
    Moves
    36925
    27 Nov '17 11:17
    Great news about Harry and Meghan!
  2. Gothenburg
    Joined
    11 Mar '16
    Moves
    8911
    27 Nov '17 13:54
    Originally posted by @drewnogal
    Great news about Harry and Meghan!
    He seems such a nice guy! 🙂
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    411220
    27 Nov '17 14:231 edit
    Originally posted by @torunn
    He seems such a nice guy! 🙂
    LOL...Where have you been? He had been a bad boy in the past, just straightened his act out recently or so it appears at least for now!! 😉

    http://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity/news/g4782/prince-harry-cringe-worthy-moments/

    -VR
  4. Gothenburg
    Joined
    11 Mar '16
    Moves
    8911
    27 Nov '17 14:26
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    LOL...Where have you been? He had been a bad boy in the past, just straightened his act out recently or so it appears at least for now!! 😉

    -VR
    Do you know more about him than I? I doubt he has been any worse than any other Royal member in modern times.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    411220
    27 Nov '17 14:31
    Originally posted by @torunn
    Do you know more about him than I? I doubt he has been any worse than any other Royal member in modern times.
    http://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity/news/g4782/prince-harry-cringe-worthy-moments/

    Check out the above link and get back to me on that! 😉 I believe his father did much worst though! Just my humble opinion as always.

    -VR
  6. Gothenburg
    Joined
    11 Mar '16
    Moves
    8911
    27 Nov '17 14:381 edit
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    http://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity/news/g4782/prince-harry-cringe-worthy-moments/

    Check out the above link and get back to me on that! 😉 I believe his father did much worst though! Just my humble opinion as always.

    -VR
    I'm sure you can find a lot of bad stuff about many of his age and kind but that doesn't matter now, at least not to me. He seems a good man.
    The question is - to many of us - should we have a monarchy at all with all the costs involved, and I say 'yes'.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    411220
    27 Nov '17 15:30
    Originally posted by @torunn
    I'm sure you can find a lot of bad stuff about many of his age and kind but that doesn't matter now, at least not to me. He seems a good man.
    The question is - to many of us - should we have a monarchy at all with all the costs involved, and I say 'yes'.
    It has nothing to do with his age, that is just an excuse, like oh I was drunk. Well you got yourself in that shape with no one twisting your arm. When you are a part of a monarachy you have to conduct yourself at certain standards, Harry didn't do that.

    Are the Millions of dollars spent worth the monarchay? I say NO, the money could be put to much better use helping the starving children in the world.

    -VR
  8. Gothenburg
    Joined
    11 Mar '16
    Moves
    8911
    27 Nov '17 15:36
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    It has nothing to do with his age, that is just an excuse, like oh I was drunk. Well you got yourself in that shape with no one twisting your arm. When you are a part of a monarachy you have to conduct yourself at certain standards, Harry didn't do that.

    Are the Millions of dollars spent worth the monarchay? I say NO, the money could be put to much better use helping the starving children in the world.

    -VR
    Never mind what he did, I believe he does good things now.
    If the money that we spend on our royal family and our royal traditions was spent the way you suggest, then perhaps I would share some of your views. But it wouldn't, would it?
    Monarchy, from my point of view, has been a guarantee for stability, worth its price.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    411220
    27 Nov '17 15:421 edit
    Originally posted by @torunn
    Never mind what he did, I believe he does good things now.
    If the money that we spend on our royal family and our royal traditions was spent the way you suggest, then perhaps I would share some of your views. But it wouldn't, would it?
    Monarchy, from my point of view, has been a guarantee for stability, worth its price.
    Then we can agree to disagree on this one.

    One's past is never really in the past. Once you make your bed you lie in it rather you change, stay the same, or go back to your old ways.

    Not that it matters in Harry's case as he will never see the throne in his life time anyways, unless events dramatically change.

    -VR
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    8519
    27 Nov '17 15:461 edit
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    It has nothing to do with his age, that is just an excuse, like oh I was drunk. Well you got yourself in that shape with no one twisting your arm. When you are a part of a monarachy you have to conduct yourself at certain standards, Harry didn't do that.

    Are the Millions of dollars spent worth the monarchay? I say NO, the money could be put to much better use helping the starving children in the world.

    -VR
    Step away from the Royal family sir.....
  11. Gothenburg
    Joined
    11 Mar '16
    Moves
    8911
    27 Nov '17 15:471 edit
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    Then we can agree to disagree on this one.

    One's past is never really in the past. Once you make your bed you lie in it rather you change, stay the same, or go back to your old ways.

    Not that it matters in Harry's case as he will never see the throne in his life time anyways, unless events dramatically change.

    -VR
    Do we need a perfect past to deserve respect as adults? Should old sins never be forgiven? It's never an easy road to adulthood.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    411220
    27 Nov '17 15:53
    Originally posted by @torunn
    Do we need a perfect past to deserve respect as adults? Should old sins never be forgiven? It's never an easy road to adulthood.
    Lets just wait and see what happens down the road with Harry. We will see how his adult life goes from here.

    -VR
  13. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    6784
    27 Nov '17 16:00
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    Lets just wait and see what happens down the road with Harry. We will see how his adult life goes from here.
    One thing's certain: he'll have to try very hard if he is to be a worse embarrassment ro Blighty than the republican Nigel "Sweden is an Islamist terror state" Farage.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Infidel
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    27 Nov '17 19:32
    Originally posted by @very-rusty

    Are the Millions of dollars spent worth the monarchay? I say NO, the money could be put to much better use helping the starving children in the world.

    -VR
    Regardless of the money.
    What message does hereditary privilege give to people?
    Your worth is dependant on your parents?

    It is a vile system. Destroy it.
  15. Gothenburg
    Joined
    11 Mar '16
    Moves
    8911
    27 Nov '17 19:50
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Regardless of the money.
    What message does hereditary privilege give to people?
    Your worth is dependant on your parents?

    It is a vile system. Destroy it.
    Many children are born into families of wealth (successful business people and such), those privileges are hereditary too. Not quite the same thing, I agree, but as I have lived all my life in a nation of monarchy, I just can't see it any other way.
Back to Top