General Forum

General Forum

  1. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    8853
    27 Nov '17 21:031 edit
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    It has nothing to do with his age, that is just an excuse, like oh I was drunk. Well you got yourself in that shape with no one twisting your arm. When you are a part of a monarachy you have to conduct yourself at certain standards, Harry didn't do that.

    Are the Millions of dollars spent worth the monarchay? I say NO, the money could be put to much better use helping the starving children in the world.

    -VR
    The royal family brings in billions for the UK from tourism. Far more than they cost.
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45792
    27 Nov '17 21:25
    Originally posted by @torunn
    ..., I just can't see it any other way.
    It's easy if you try.

    - John Lennon
  3. Joined
    07 Aug '12
    Moves
    39089
    27 Nov '17 21:28
    Originally posted by @torunn
    Many children are born into families of wealth (successful business people and such), those privileges are hereditary too. Not quite the same thing, I agree, but as I have lived all my life in a nation of monarchy, I just can't see it any other way.
    There’s a lot of evidence on how hard the Royal Family work these days. I don’t envy their position, their lack of privacy and the level of protocol they have to live by. I wouldn’t say that they have any happier lives than the rest of us and I wouldn’t take their lifestyle if it was offered to me. I’d hate to constantly be in the public eye and have to deal with the criticism.

    It’s so good to hear a happy story on the news and I’ll look forward to watching the wedding on the TV next year. Maybe we’ll get another public holiday like we did for William and Catherine’s wedding.

    Wonder whether Mr Trump will get an invite? 🙄
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45792
    27 Nov '17 21:30
    Originally posted by @ashiitaka
    The royal family brings in billions for the UK from tourism. Far more than they cost.
    It isn't a question of money.

    But I doubt your information anyway.
    What exactly would a tourist not see if there were no monarchy?
  5. Stargazing
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    89263
    27 Nov '17 21:36
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    John Lennon
    Smart man. Shot in the back, very sad.

    - Julius Levinson
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    430300
    28 Nov '17 12:091 edit
    Originally posted by @drewnogal
    There’s a lot of evidence on how hard the Royal Family work these days. I don’t envy their position, their lack of privacy and the level of protocol they have to live by. I wouldn’t say that they have any happier lives than the rest of us and I wouldn’t take their lifestyle if it was offered to me. I’d hate to constantly be in the public eye and have to d ...[text shortened]... ke we did for William and Catherine’s wedding.

    Wonder whether Mr Trump will get an invite? 🙄
    You do make a good point. However when you are in the public eye and know you are in the public eye being watched and video recorded in this day and age. Things can't be swept under the rug as they once were. You have to be on your best behavior. Harry was always the bad boy & it did put a black mark on the Royal Family. His past will be brought out in the future no matter how he conducts himself from here into the future. It is sad but true. Our past always comes back to haunt us it seems.

    How will Trump be remembered?

    -VR
  7. Gothenburg
    Joined
    11 Mar '16
    Moves
    10980
    28 Nov '17 14:251 edit
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    You do make a good point. However when you are in the public eye and know you are in the public eye being watched and video recorded in this day and age. Things can't be swept under the rug as they once were. You have to be on your best behavior. Harry was always the bad boy & it did put a black mark on the Royal Family. His past will be brought out in t ...[text shortened]... true. Our past always comes back to haunt us it seems.

    How will Trump be remembered?

    -VR
    How will we be remembered...?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52866
    28 Nov '17 19:19
    Originally posted by @drewnogal
    Great news about Harry and Meghan!
    Well, half royal anyway. She won't be called Princess Meghan, not royal, but a mere mortal.
  9. Gothenburg
    Joined
    11 Mar '16
    Moves
    10980
    28 Nov '17 19:24
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Well, half royal anyway. She won't be called Princess Meghan, not royal, but a mere mortal.
    He is able to choose the woman he loves which makes me happy.
  10. Joined
    11 Oct '12
    Moves
    51136
    28 Nov '17 19:29
    Originally posted by @torunn
    He is able to choose the woman he loves which makes me happy.
    I agree.
  11. Gothenburg
    Joined
    11 Mar '16
    Moves
    10980
    28 Nov '17 19:34
    Originally posted by @aranya10
    I agree.
    And so have all the members of our Royal family - Crown Princess Victoria and her siblings Carl Philip and Madeleine. That has not always been possible in earlier generations.
  12. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    98912
    28 Nov '17 19:55
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    oh I was drunk.

    And you should know, being an alcoholic and so.
  13. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    98912
    28 Nov '17 19:56
    Originally posted by @ashiitaka
    The royal family brings in billions for the UK from tourism. Far more than they cost.
    You have proof of that?
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45792
    28 Nov '17 21:02
    A lot is being made of his brave decision to marry someone of mixed race.
    I would say she is braver marrying a carrot-top.
  15. Gothenburg
    Joined
    11 Mar '16
    Moves
    10980
    28 Nov '17 21:03
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    A lot is being made of his brave decision to marry someone of mixed race.
    I would say she is braver marrying a carrot-top.
    They are in love 🙂
Back to Top