1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 05:391 edit
    These manufacturers are huge global corporates, they make make great digital gadgets, and they all make lots of money.

Which do you use and why?
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 05:40
    I use LG.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 05:42
    @trev33 said
    I use LG.
    Fixed. Have another go?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 05:46
    I use Apple for phone and tablet but I have an windows based HP laptop for work as I can’t get on with Apple desktop after being a Microsoft user of decades in the workplace.

I’ve tried a Samsung phone once (given one for work) but it was so awful, so clunky in its menus and operating system that I swapped it out within a week. Camera facility was good though.

Apple handhelds are the sweetest things, the OS is delicious and the interface is as slick as cat poo on a vinyl floor.
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 05:52
    @divegeester said
    Fixed. Have another go?
    Ah, forgot you could edit the thread title in the first 5 minutes I think it is.

My laptop is Lenovo because it was cheap and I don't care so much if it breaks while traveling, phone, I always liked the camera on LG phones, they care more about the camera than the actual phone, plus the battery is easily removed. Now after 2.5 years I need a new phone but before would carry a spare battery that would easily slot in when the other died.

Never bothered with apple, with LG it shouldn't matter that my laptop is something else, always thought if one was apple everything needed to be apple. Prefer pears myself.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 06:03
    @trev33 said
    Never bothered with apple, with LG it shouldn't matter that my laptop is something else, always thought if one was apple everything needed to be apple. Prefer pears myself.
    With Apple everything works better if all devices are Apple but the laptop is for work so I don’t care if it doesn’t sync as well.

With Samsung you can get google storage free, with Apple I pay £2.50/month for 10gb I think. But the transfer is slick and automatically uploads/downloads photos and files across every device on the account. I have about 13,000 photos which I or the missus can access anytime anywhere on any device instantly. Perhaps google does this, I don’t know. Same with music. All music is accessible and shared across all devices.

But I think the main driver is habit and familiarity with the menus.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 06:05
    I recently found out that LG own the technology in most of best TVs.

Buying a TV is a minefield.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 06:37
    @divegeester said
    With Apple everything works better if all devices are Apple but the laptop is for work so I don’t care if it doesn’t sync as well.

With Samsung you can get google storage free, with Apple I pay £2.50/month for 10gb I think. But the transfer is slick and automatically uploads/downloads photos and files across every device on the account. I have about 13,000 photos whic ...[text shortened]... shared across all devices.

But I think the main driver is habit and familiarity with the menus.
    That's the one thing about apple I do like, my sister has been using them for years and regardless if she gets a new phone the pictures from 10 years ago automatically remain in the storage. I use dropbox for that, which can be used on any device but is quite limited and often a pain in the ass to use.

I agree though, creatures of habit us humans, I've used Samsung before, wasn't impressed much but that doesn't mean I wouldn't try them again. It all comes down to what you want to pay for a phone, I refuse to get a contact with unlimited minutes that I'm never going to use so just buy it outright and get sim on contract, you can easily pay £6-800 on a phone now which is quite crazy.
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 06:38
    @divegeester said
    I recently found out that LG own the technology in most of best TVs.

LG is really underrated, their TVs and phones are fantastic, much better than Samsung.
  10. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 08:22
    My telling bone is Samsung. Happy with it but only use about 1% of the features.
    Desk top and lapdog run Microsoft edge. Its what we have at work so I like to stick to the familiar.
    My wife loves Apple and all her stuff is Apple.
    As I have never tried it I can't say whether it is better or worse.
  11. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 10:53
    @divegeester said
    You seem to shop in dangerous places ..
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 10:551 edit
    @divegeester said
    These manufacturers are huge global corporates, they make make great digital gadgets, and they all make lots of money.

Which do you use and why?
    samsung Galaxy because it was the cheapest on my EE phone plan. I have 2 laptops both Acer 1 runs the now defunct windows 8 the other newer one runs 10(prefer using the older machine).
  13. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 11:52
    Apple IPad, HP laptop, LG (flip phone), and I think Samsung TV. I'll have to take a look.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 11:552 edits
    Samsung and Huawei. are the types of (cell) phones I've used recently I now have the Huawei, I don't like the updates as they send you lots of things you don't even want. If you don't update the phone it doesn't work properly, so I've been told. I am thinking there must be a way around this so you can take out the things you don't want. The cost I would think would have more to do with your ISP.

-VR
  15. Gothenburg
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 11:55
    @great-big-stees said
    Apple IPad, HP laptop, LG (flip phone), and I think Samsung TV. I'll have to take a look.
    I have a Philips TV (not so good) and a new Samsung telephone, still in the box.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree