1. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jun '17 15:35
    I bet he is more eloquent than Mrs. Abbott "ahh, I errr, orrrr, errrrr, I aaahhh..."

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/diane-abbott-cancels-radio-appearance-embarrassing-sky-news-093700369.html

Reveal Hidden Content
    Don't you find ironic that FBI's ex director's name is Comey, which is pronounced as Commie?
  2. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    08 Jun '17 18:25
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    I bet he is more eloquent than Mrs. Abbott "ahh, I errr, orrrr, errrrr, I aaahhh..."

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/diane-abbott-cancels-radio-appearance-embarrassing-sky-news-093700369.html

[hidden]Don't you find ironic that FBI's ex director's name is Comey, which is pronounced as Commie?[/hidden]
    LOL very true
  3. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    08 Jun '17 23:07
    Comey is very smart

Trump is toast
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '17 23:23
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    Comey is very smart

Trump is toast
    I hear Trump's people have said that Comey's testimony has vindicated the President.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Jun '17 23:42
    Don't you find ironic that FBI's ex director's name is Comey, which is pronounced as Commie?
    No.

It's Co-mee. Co as in "coma".

Learn to read. It's not spelled "Commey".
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Jun '17 23:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    I hear Trump's people have said that Comey's testimony has vindicated the President.
    "Trump's people"

Enough said.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jun '17 23:52
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    No.

It's Co-mee. Co as in "coma".

Learn to read. It's not spelled "Commey".
    https://forvo.com/search/comey/
    According to this reliable site, last name 'Comey' and 'commie' sound pretty similar.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jun '17 23:581 edit
    According to this reliable site, last name 'Comey' and 'commie' sound pretty similar.
    And again---> almost identical:::
    YouTube

and
    http://www.thenameengine.com/pronounce/James+Comey/3598#.WTnj2DexXMx
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Jun '17 01:46
    The long O sound and the short O sound are not similar at all.

Do you think the words 'coma' and 'comma' sound the same?
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Jun '17 01:59
    All that aside, I'm concerned about John McCain. He sounded like a doddering old fool during his questioning of Comey, making ridiculous comparisons between the FBI's completed investigation of Clinton's email server and their current investigation of Russian involvement in the election. He even said 'Comey' instead of 'Trump', not once but at least twice. He sounded like he's losing it, frankly.
  11. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    09 Jun '17 09:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    His outside lawyer, with a prepared statement, boggled reporters with stuff easily fact-checked. I do think trump will survive this though.

But he has made too many enemies. America is laughing stock. He won't see the end of his term. Unless, we deserve it.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '17 11:52
    The long O sound and the short O sound are not similar at all.

Do you think the words 'coma' and 'comma' sound the same?
    You're so eager to prove I am wrong in something that you sound as a bad teacher in some B-horror movie (*she usually gets axe in the head).

You are barking at the wrong tree with this.

If there is anyone who knows the difference between short and long consonant, it's me. I studied it. "After a short vowel...etc" And there are such pairs of words in Norwegian and Swedish that have different meaning depending on this.
    Do you know if there is a long consonant in Danish? Without googling, that is?
    I know if there is or not.
    (*And of course it is known to all RHP members of Scandinavian origin who still remember their predecessors' languages,)

But this difference is no big deal in English, so it is fairly correct to say that Comey as last name and commie as a Mccarthian term sound same.

You simply don't have an issue here to build something upon.
  13. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    09 Jun '17 15:21
    "Trump's people"

Enough said.
    As in, you're one of Trump's grab-em's?
  14. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    09 Jun '17 15:24
    All that aside, I'm concerned about John McCain. He sounded like a doddering old fool during his questioning of Comey, making ridiculous comparisons between the FBI's completed investigation of Clinton's email server and their current investigation of Russian involvement in the election. He even said 'Comey' instead of 'Trump', not once but at least twice. He sounded like he's losing it, frankly.
    He's been a doddering old fool for decades. That's why he was a Tory candidate. Being a conspiracy nutjob is a hard requirement for the position. You're only seeing this now?
  15. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    10 Jun '17 05:35
    You're so eager to prove I am wrong in something that you sound as a bad teacher in some B-horror movie (*she usually gets axe in the head).

You are barking at the wrong tree with this.

If there is anyone who knows the difference between [b]short and long consonant
    , it's me. I studied it. "After a short vowel...etc" And there are such pairs of ...[text shortened]... as a Mccarthian term sound same.

You simply don't have an issue here to build something upon.[/b]
    Oh, for the love of...
    Barking up the wrong tree. Not at the tree.

It means a hunting dog is supposedly barking at a critter who climbed a tree to get away, but the confused dog is barking up the wrong tree... because the critter climbed up a different tree. But if he (or her) is actually barking at a tree then that pooch isn't just confused, he has some serious tree issues.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree