http://www.thenameengine.com/pronounce/James+Comey/3598#.WTnj2DexXMx
    YouTube

https://www.howtopronounce.com/james-comey/
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jun '17 06:54
    Two things astonish me every day:

1) that a narcissistic, ignorant, egotistical, blinkered, rude, assholt like Donald Trump could ever be voted into the top office.

2) the republicans on this website still try to support him.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jun '17 07:18
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    You're so eager to prove I am wrong in something that you sound as a bad teacher in some B-horror movie (*she usually gets axe in the head).

You are barking at the wrong tree with this.

If there is anyone who knows the difference between [b]short and long consonant
    , it's me. I studied it. "After a short vowel...etc" And there are such pairs of ...[text shortened]... as a Mccarthian term sound same.

You simply don't have an issue here to build something upon.[/b]
    Relax, you're starting to sound like Freaky.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jun '17 07:20
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    As in, you're one of Trump's grab-em's?
    I do not know, nor do I want to know, what this means.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '17 09:41
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Oh, for the love of...
    Barking [b]up
    the wrong tree. Not at the tree.

It means a hunting dog is supposedly barking at a critter who climbed a tree to get away, but the confused dog is barking up the wrong tree... because the critter climbed up a different tree. But if he (or her) is actually barking at a tree then that pooch isn't just confused, he has some serious tree issues.[/b]
    I used the idiom in right context and you feel compelled to explain its meaning to me?!
    Because of a single preposition.
    And you do it so patronizing.
    How lame man must be to do this?

Explain them also--->
    http://en.mercopress.com/2017/01/17/trump-barking-at-the-wrong-tree-automation-revolution-is-taking-the-jobs-not-evil-foreigners

You sound exactly like Trump.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '17 09:42
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Relax, you're starting to sound like Freaky.
    Relax, ma'am, you begin to sound like a teacher with an axe in her head.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '17 09:44
    I do not know, nor do I want to know, what this means.
    Ancient past...
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Jun '17 12:17
    It is great chess is a game that can be played by two players who don't even speak the same language. 😉

-VR
  9. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    10 Jun '17 23:382 edits
    I used the idiom in right context and you feel compelled to explain its meaning to me?!
    Because of a single preposition.
    And you do it so patronizing.
    How lame man must be to do this?

Explain them also--->
    http://en.mercopress.com/2017/01/17/trump-barking-at-the-wrong-tree-automation-revolution-is-taking-the-jobs-not-evil-foreigners

You sound exactly like Trump.
    Explain them also? Okay, them also got it wrong.

No big surprise there. But liberals barking at trees rather than something that may be up in the tree actually does make sense.
    So no harm no foul.

( no harm no fowl? )
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 12:59
    You're so eager to prove I am wrong in something that you sound as a bad teacher in some B-horror movie (*she usually gets axe in the head).

You are barking at the wrong tree with this.

If there is anyone who knows the difference between [b]short and long consonant
    , it's me. I studied it. "After a short vowel...etc" And there are such pairs of ...[text shortened]... as a Mccarthian term sound same.

You simply don't have an issue here to build something upon.[/b]
    One more time, since I see that you are slow.

Do you think the words 'coma' and 'comma' sound the same?

"so it is fairly correct to say that Comey as last name and commie as a Mccarthian term sound same."

No, they don't.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 13:082 edits
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    [youtube]gQli0IXtfl8[/youtube]

https://www.howtopronounce.com/james-comey/
    This page, and, indeed, every "pronounce page" he linked to pronounces "Comey" correctly, with an "o" sound that sounds exactly like the "o" in "coma". So perhaps it is his hearing that has gone bad, and somehow he hears "Comey" as "commie".

YouTube This is your link.

The woman speaking this has a definite accent. Not the best representation of this word being pronounced.

The word "coma" does NOT sound like "comma". And similarly, "Comey" does NOT sound like "commie".

I'm guessing he just wanted to make a terrible joke, and it has just spiraled out of control for him. You'd think this would move him to come clean, but I guess not.
  12. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 15:32
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Two things astonish me every day:

1) that a narcissistic, ignorant, egotistical, blinkered, rude, assholt like Donald Trump could ever be voted into the top office.
    "In America, anyone can become president. That's just one of the chances you take."

--Adlai Stevenson
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 23:41
    This page, and, indeed, every "pronounce page" he linked to pronounces "Comey" correctly, with an "o" sound that sounds exactly like the "o" in "coma". So perhaps it is his hearing that has gone bad, and somehow he hears "Comey" as "commie".

[b][youtube]gQli0IXtfl8[/youtube] This is your link.

The woman speaking this has a definite accent. Not t ...[text shortened]... piraled out of control for him. You'd think this would move him to come clean, but I guess not.[/b]
    You'd think this would move him to come clean, but I guess not.
    All the blunders you make without acknowledging the errors, and you're suggesting a standard of integrity for others?
    You put your foot in your mouth so many times, Imelda Marcos would have gone bankrupt just trying to shod each one... and you remain stoically silent with each faux pas.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Jun '17 02:37
    All that aside, I'm concerned about John McCain. He sounded like a doddering old fool during his questioning of Comey, making ridiculous comparisons between the FBI's completed investigation of Clinton's email server and their current investigation of Russian involvement in the election. He even said 'Comey' instead of 'Trump', not once but at least twice. He sounded like he's losing it, frankly.
    That's funny because he gave a speech to the top politicians here not a week ago and they were hanging on his every word.
    He was rhetoricizing quite well I thought.
    Hope we don't put too much weight on his words then you say?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree