1. In your face
    Moves
    21 Sep '13 01:25
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Question: Can anyone here actually handle ice from those convenience store ice bags without spilling a bunch of ice on the floor? I SUCK at itπŸ™‚
    In Ingerlund, we use ice trays. πŸ˜€

They work and are free. πŸ˜€
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Sep '13 02:09
    Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
    In Ingerlund, we use ice trays. πŸ˜€

They work and are free. πŸ˜€
    I suck at ice trays tooπŸ™‚ The dam things end up half of them falling on the floor then I have to wash them off before anyone seesπŸ™‚
  3. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    21 Sep '13 06:05
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Definition of evil in English: evil. Syllabification: (e-vil)

adjective: profoundly immoral and malevolent: his evil deeds; no man is so evil as to be beyond redemption.

(of a force or spirit) embodying or associated with the forces of the devil:we have been driven out of the house by this evil spirit; harmful or tending to harm: the evil effects ...[text shortened]... does Sweden's Crime Rate Trend compare with those in other geographically nearby countries?
    I think every-day violence is about the same in the Nordic countries, thats the feeling I have. Then suddenly a tragedy happens such as the killing of 69 young persons at Utøya in Norway - a similar thing could have happened in other places in Scandinavia too but not for the same reasons perhaps.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Sep '13 08:211 edit
    Originally posted by lolof
    I think every-day violence is about the same in the Nordic countries, thats the feeling I have. Then suddenly a tragedy happens such as the killing of 69 young persons at Utøya in Norway - a similar thing could have happened in other places in Scandinavia too but not for the same reasons perhaps.
    Thanks, lolof. Did you wish to ask a question to keep the conversation alive?
  5. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    21 Sep '13 08:271 edit
    Thanks, lolof. Did you wish to ask a question to keep the conversation alive?
    Of course I should - let me think...

Are illusions a good or a bad thing?
  6. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 07:001 edit
    Of course I should - let me think...

Are illusions a good or a bad thing?
    Illusions keep us away from reality.

Are we finished with this thread?
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 08:57

Interesting observation. Would you have a few examples?

Of course it's not finished, I hope. lol
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 11:10
    What is wrong with Obamacare? It now seems the prices for insurance are taking a dive, last count 16% lower. No wonder republicans are crying the death of the human race, since they are OWNED by the insurance companies who don't want to have their trillion dollar diamond platinum parachutes messed with. So why are people so against Obamacare? Could it be because of just negative media driven by the republican party? Don't forget, Obamacare was first proposed by the republican party but now that it is a democrat issue, they hate it. Just a TINY bit hypocritical.
  9. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 11:18

As long as people live they have questions, so this thread should not finish until the last human being has left.
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 11:30
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    As long as people live they have questions, so this thread should not finish until the last human being has left.
    When will that be?
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 12:46
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    When will that be?
    Better question: who will be around to blow out the last flickering candle?
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 12:54
    What is wrong with Obamacare? It now seems the prices for insurance are taking a dive, last count 16% lower. No wonder republicans are crying the death of the human race, since they are OWNED by the insurance companies who don't want to have their trillion dollar diamond platinum parachutes messed with. So why are people so against Obamacare? Could it be be ...[text shortened]... epublican party but now that it is a democrat issue, they hate it. Just a TINY bit hypocritical.
    Major question many concerned citizens have is simply, what's really in those thousand or two pages
    (including some members of congress in both parties). Also, why have some union leaders voiced opposition.
    I'm ignorant of what it contains. Would you have a helpful site link with an understandable summary?
  13. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 18:17
    What is wrong with Obamacare? It now seems the prices for insurance are taking a dive, last count 16% lower. No wonder republicans are crying the death of the human race, since they are OWNED by the insurance companies who don't want to have their trillion dollar diamond platinum parachutes messed with. So why are people so against Obamacare? Could it be be ...[text shortened]... epublican party but now that it is a democrat issue, they hate it. Just a TINY bit hypocritical.
    Have you ever heard the expression "Good enough for government work."?
    Do you know what it means?
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 02:50
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Have you ever heard the expression "Good enough for government work."?
    Do you know what it means?
    What does it mean?
  15. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 04:411 edit
    What does it mean?
    Oh come on, you know what it means... and so does sonhouse.

Aside from governing, which is the only thing it's supposed to do, government doesn't do anything better than private industry. In fact they usually end up doing a much poorer job. And why is that? Because government doesn't need to do it better, they aren't competing with anyone else for our business. We are already seeing the effects of Obama care before it's been fully implemented because businesses are getting ready for it. Even Obama knows what will happen, that's why he wants to postpone full implementation of his wonderful health care plan until after the 2014 elections.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree