1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 06:16
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I suck at ice trays too🙂 The dam things end up half of them falling on the floor then I have to wash them off before anyone sees🙂
    If you suck at ice trays your lips might get stuck to them. Just a warning.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 06:33
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Oh come on, you know what it means... and so does sonhouse.

Aside from governing, which is the only thing it's supposed to do, government doesn't do anything better than private industry. In fact they usually end up doing a much poorer job. And why is that? Because government doesn't need to do it better, they aren't competing with anyone else f ...[text shortened]... o postpone full implementation of his wonderful health care plan until after the 2014 elections.
    "Aside from governing, which is the only thing it's supposed to do,
    government doesn't do anything better than private industry."

Anything it's not supposed to do that it does well (to the detriment of the governed)?
  3. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 18:15
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Aside from governing, which is the only thing it's supposed to do,
    government doesn't do anything better than private industry."

Anything it's not supposed to do that it does well (to the detriment of the governed)?
    Right, and it's on this point where some people become confused. If government appears to be doing something well then what's the big deal?

The answer to this is it doesn't matter how well government appears to be doing anything, if it's to the detriment of the governed then it's only being done for the benefit of those in power. It all boils down to one important question... do we want government serving us, or do we want to be put in a position where we are only serving our leaders?

As weird as this sounds, it appears we have we become so disinterested in governing ourselves that we want to go back to serving kings tyrants and despots. That's the direction we've been going in for the past 50 years, and if we keep it up we'll eventually get there. After that all bets are off, and it would take another bloody revolution just to get back the freedoms we nave now and take for granted.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree