1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Aug '16 14:40
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    that game deserves a brilliancy prize.
    Sir,
    How do you figure it deserves a brilliancy prize. The man is 3 queens up to a lone king, And resigns. Well he is wearing the dunce hat, all he needs now is for those points to be taken away from "Easy Riders". Perhaps a ban for him would teach others not to be CHEATING! Actually "Easy Riders", have a lot of unearned points that should be taken away from them.

Regards,
    -VR
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Aug '16 15:081 edit
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Sir,
    How do you figure it deserves a brilliancy prize. The man is 3 queens up to a lone king, And resigns. Well he is wearing the dunce hat, all he needs now is for those points to be taken away from "Easy Riders". Perhaps a ban for him would teach others not to be CHEATING! Actually "Easy Riders", have a lot of unearned points that should be taken away from them.

Regards,
    -VR
    you are not rated 1600 and cannot comment, sorry, it the rules, practice a little tactics every day.

here is the rule,

if yer not rated at 1600 or higher, quit moving yer mouth and begin moving yer chess pieces...
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Aug '16 15:372 edits
    you are not rated 1600 and cannot comment, sorry, it the rules, practice a little tactics every day.

here is the rule,

if yer not rated at 1600 or higher, quit moving yer mouth and begin moving yer chess pieces...
    Sir,
    Russ, makes the rules on this site no one else, especially a person like YOU! So stuff that where the sun don't shine! Of course you had to steal that from someone else like you have most of your CLAN POINTS!!!

Now Have a great day!
    Karma is nipping at your butt,
    Kind Regards,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Aug '16 15:432 edits
    Sir,
    Russ, makes the rules on this site no one else, especially a person like YOU! So stuff that where the sun don't shine! Of course you had to steal that from someone else like you have most of your CLAN POINTS!!!

Now Have a great day!
    Kind Regards,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
    dude why aren't you moving the pieces?

quit moving yer mouth and begin moving yer chess pieces...you know the rule. Please no more of your nonsense until you reach 1600.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Aug '16 17:061 edit
    dude why aren't you moving the pieces?

quit moving yer mouth and begin moving yer chess pieces...you know the rule. Please no more of your nonsense until you reach 1600.
    Sir,
    Don't be talking about me moving my mouth. Actually it doesn't have a thing to do with my mouth. I type with my fingers!!!

Also, keep in mind you do not tell me what I should do. Stop talking your drivel, would be a good suggestion from me to you. πŸ˜‰

Kind Regards,
    Karma is nipping hard on your butt now,
    Hope you are enjoying your day,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    06 Aug '16 17:261 edit
    that game deserves a brilliancy prize.
    I offer the following two hypothetical variations (your mileage may vary).

7. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Aug '16 18:34
    Originally posted by moonbus
    I offer the following two hypothetical variations (your mileage may vary).

[pgn][SetUp "1"]
    [FEN "8/2p5/3p4/1p1Pk1p1/pPP2pPp/P2K1P1P/8/8 w - - 0 1"]

1. Kc3 bxc4 2. Kxc4 Kf6 3. Kd4 Ke7 4. Ke4 Kf6 5. b5 {Clearing a path for the White king to attack the a4 pawn, and forcing the Black king to yield a tempo. } Kg6 6. Kd3 {And not Kd4? which would draw. T ...[text shortened]... d2 17. Qe4+ Kf2 18. Qd3 Ke1 19. Qe3+ Kd1 20. Kc3 {Again, Black is dead in the water. 1-0}[/pgn]
    a brilliant study but it hasn't seemed to have stopped Very Crusty from bitchin. He shouldn't be allowed to bitch until he reaches 1600. Its the rule.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Aug '16 21:31
    a brilliant study but it hasn't seemed to have stopped Very Crusty from bitchin. He shouldn't be allowed to bitch until he reaches 1600. Its the rule.
    Sir,
    I have no idea of whose game the two hypothetical variations are. If it is one of mine. I certainly wouldn't see all that!!! By the way, when Russ says you make the rules then I'll listen, until then stop your fingers from moving. πŸ˜›

Kind Regards,
    Hope you enjoyed your day, and actually got outside for a bit,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    07 Aug '16 07:381 edit
    I have no idea of whose game the two hypothetical variations are. ... I certainly wouldn't see all that!!!
    I was referring to this game: Game 11625537

I would not have seen all that either (EDIT: not OTB with a clock running anyway). The idea is this: one applies a general principle, for example the gain of tempo by shuttling the king back and forth to force the other king to waste moves and yield ground (the principle is called “triangulation” ), and then, when it gets down to a straightforward pawn race, one counts instead of trying to visualize something along the lines of “I go here you go there I go here you go there...”

I referred to that game not because of who played it or who won it, but because it happens to offer a particularly clear example for demonstrating how to think through endgames. (There might have been other outcomes, of course.)

I apologise if this comment is in the wrong forum. Maybe should be moved to "Chess Only."
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Aug '16 09:01
    Originally posted by moonbus
    I was referring to this game: Game 11625537

I would not have seen all that either (EDIT: not OTB with a clock running anyway). The idea is this: one applies a general principle, for example the gain of tempo by shuttling the king back and forth to force the other king to waste moves and yield ground (the principle is called “triangulation” ), and th ...[text shortened]... e.)

I apologise if this comment is in the wrong forum. Maybe should be moved to "Chess Only."
    nah its refreshing to see a chess related thread in the general forum, most refreshing indeed!
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Aug '16 09:03
    Sir,
    I have no idea of whose game the two hypothetical variations are. If it is one of mine. I certainly wouldn't see all that!!! By the way, when Russ says you make the rules then I'll listen, until then stop your fingers from moving. πŸ˜›

Kind Regards,
    Hope you enjoyed your day, and actually got outside for a bit,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
    Just think Crusty old bean you could get your first GM Norm in bitchin if we had a separate bitchin ELO!
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Aug '16 09:251 edit
    Just think Crusty old bean you could get your first GM Norm in bitchin if we had a separate bitchin ELO!
    Bitchin...hmm...

How does it feel to claim to people in here that you are "a minister of the most high God" and yet most people regard you as someone who is a cheat?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Aug '16 10:136 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Bitchin...hmm...

How does it feel to claim to people in here that you are "a minister of the most high God" and yet most people regard you as someone who is a cheat?
    Sorry no bitchin allowed till you reach 1600. Thats the rule. Practice some tactics, read a chess book, heck read any book for that matter and who knows you may do better 😡

rule No.1 - quit moving yer mouth and begin moving yer chess pieces!
    rule No.2 - NO bitchin till you reach 1600

I'll be handing out worksheets and giving homework later. Please pay attention for you have a record of being a very poor student.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    07 Aug '16 10:49
    Sorry no bitchin allowed till you reach 1600. Thats the rule. Practice some tactics, read a chess book, heck read any book for that matter and who knows you may do better 😡

rule No.1 - quit moving yer mouth and begin moving yer chess pieces!
    rule No.2 - NO bitchin till you reach 1600

I'll be handing out worksheets and giving homework later. Please pay attention for you have a record of being a very poor student.
    Robbie, you're a prize plum.

(My rating allows me to make such a comment).
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Aug '16 10:572 edits
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Robbie, you're a prize plum.

(My rating allows me to make such a comment).
    A prize plum? yes its true I am rather smooth-skinned, with fleshy parts and hard as a stone inside! You may comment as one who is adequately qualified. I may even appoint you as classroom prefect to watch out for those who are talking when they should be pushing their pieces!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree