1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '15 01:55
    Originally posted by mister moggy
    the good thread or post is one which returns discussion. it is the post which brings about the most people possible to want to read what is posted. it is the post which creates the desire to return to the forum, hence the site, thus the reason to be at the site, thus the opportunity to spend money on the site.

carpe diem.
    But my question is about why people here should be motivated by the earnings of the web site owner? I'd be interested in your answer to this.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '15 02:293 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    But my question is about why people here should be motivated by the earnings of the web site owner? I'd be interested in your answer to this.
    Why must you twist everything so that it comes out grotesquely distorted? Is it really the only way you know how to conduct a discussion, by distorting elements so that you can attack them? Mister Moggy made the process perfectly clear. Good posts enhance the forum experience, a good experience will make people want to come here, this may generate revenue for the site. Why that should be difficult to grasp i cannot say.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '15 02:34
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    What is it about putting bums on seats that you fail to understand. Why must you twist everything so that it comes out grotesquely distorted? Is it really the only way you know how to conduct a discussion, by distorting elements so that you can attack them? Mister Moggy made the process perfectly clear. Good posts enhance the forum experience, a go ...[text shortened]... re, this may generate revenue for the site. Why that should be difficult to grasp i cannot say.
    I don't see any validity in the assumption that a contributor to a message board and member of a community like this one would or should be motivated by the income earned by the commercial entity that the forums are created by.

If either you or Mister Moggy can explain the link between Russ' earnings and the content or subject of threads (that are not created by him) - and how or why concern about those earning should influence what individuals write here - then I'd be interested in hearing the explanation.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '15 02:36
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Mister Moggy made the process perfectly clear.
    But I am not questioning the process as Mister Moggy sees it. I am questioning why people here should be motivated by the earnings of the web site owner.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Oct '15 04:391 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Basic guide to a good/bad thread
    What about getting lots of thumbs down, surely that is a key indicator that a thread OP is bad?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Oct '15 04:42
    You're entitled to an opinion as is every other mother's son and daughter contributing to this online public forum
    as long as it complies consistently with site forum guideless and terms of service.
    What kind of opinion about your thread OP would contravene the forum guidelines and terms of service?
  7. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    16 Oct '15 15:10
    i am so ashamed, and humbled, by my lack of common sense and general intelligence as to how to create a thread that would create interest amongst my fellow jerks...
    this must be due to having been born with an incomplete brain, and growing up in a swamp, raised by crocodiles and snakes and mosquitoes and mud puppies...
    i admit my faults, especially those caused by myself, to myself...
    i came here thinking, and that, is the main drawback, thinking...
    if only i could stop myself from thinking!!!
    then, perhaps then, i could more accurately spew garbage accrued from other websites, letting others think for me, and finally being FREE!!!
    alas, tis not to be, for i have drunken sixteen cups of hi-test this morning, and i shall be a whirlwind of incredible proportions on this day...
    fueled only by the elixir of "bad thread booze", and excreted by the foulest of methods,
    directly into yer waiting minds...
    again, i ask yer apology, to me, for being so much better than thou, and above thee...
    or, not, as thouest see fit to doest...
    and,
    my keyboard seems to have slipped into jobs mode again...
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    16 Oct '15 16:341 edit
    @rookie54, second request: "please provide the website link. Thank you."
    I found what rookie said, here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1873094

Copied including the bold upper case headers.
  9. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    16 Oct '15 16:481 edit
    Originally posted by JS357

you may already realize this, but, i'll go through it just so you know...
    edit: he has already done the same thingie, just a google search...
    i intentionally ignored his "request" for me to post the link to the information,
    simply because his obfuscation in general deserves tit for his tat...
    now,
    i appreciate you being genteel and acknowledging his "request", yer a fine upstanding guy...
    bostobobolo is not...
  10. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    16 Oct '15 18:01

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    16 Oct '15 21:10
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    He wish he might please some. I am afraid you are one of the very few. If only he just F.of and died already.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '15 22:33
    Originally posted by Kegge
    He wish he might please some. I am afraid you are one of the very few. If only he just F.of and died already.
    wow if ever there was a post that is more a reflection of the person who made it rather than the person that its seeks to vilify, yours is it.
  13. Standard memberkrieghoff
    Carrobie was here
    JW Watchtower, NY
    Moves
    16 Oct '15 23:42

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Oct '15 00:19
    Originally posted by mister moggy
    the good thread is the one who brings one to the forum and thus to the site and thus money to russ.

learn to see the real world,.
    A couple of questions about this "real world" of yours:

When a poster sits in front of a computer and contemplates what they should start a thread about ~ and assuming they are intent on starting a "good" one ~ I cannot see the relevance of 'how much money the web site owner makes'. Can you explain why anyone should?

Do you think this community would be better if the General Forum had, say, 5,000 regular posters?
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    17 Oct '15 00:55
    Originally posted by JS357

"Quotation marks omitted"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree