1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Oct '15 04:36
    Originally posted by Kegge
    He wish he might please some. I am afraid you are one of the very few. If only he just F.of and died already.
    You wished somebody was dead, just because they annoy you on the Internet?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Oct '15 04:56
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I note that several people Grampy Bobby describes as "cowards"' have given Kegge's post a Thumbs Down.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Oct '15 05:113 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    I note that several people Grampy Bobby describes as "cowards"' have given Kegge's post a Thumbs Down.
    Yes I noticed. I find comments like that astonishing. Although I disagree with Grampy Bobby most of the time, the thought of wishing him any harm or personal ill will never enters my head.

Furthermore I think GB is actually a pillar of this community; his threads, albeit mostly as fascinating as reruns of a 1970's soap opera, attract a lot of interest, simply because him posting them divides opinion and creates a level of combatitive tension which in turn provides drama and increases the metabolism of the forum.

He deserves to have his gears crunched in the forum, but how anyone could wish him I'll will is beyond my reasoning. Perhaps Kegge was only joking in poor taste and will apologise. I'm sure he will.
  4. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    17 Oct '15 20:56
    my point has been made.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Oct '15 01:09
    Hm, I rarely participate in my threads...
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    24 Oct '15 08:40
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
    "Basic guide to a good/bad thread

"Enigmatic Entity:
    We've all seen good and bad threads; and while that may be somewhat subjective, here's the general consensus on things that make for a good thread.

Informative: People like to learn things. I find facts and current news interesting, even fascinating. I'm sure many others do too.

Entertaining: Whether it be through humour or otherwise like competitions/contests, challenges or games (bonus points for prizes), we love to have fun.

Easy to read and understand: People shouldn't have to strain to understand what you're trying to say, make it easy for them. It means that more people will bother to read what you've worked hard (or not so much) to create. Try to structure it well and if it needs one, give an intro.

Interaction with whoever comments & involvement of other members: Check the comments every so often, reply to the messages to keep in touch with other users. Also, try to keep an open mind about things even if others don't agree with what you're saying. There's not much of a point in making the thread on a public forum if you're not interested by what people have to say in response. Appreciate humour and other people's creations and ideas (even that guy you don't like).

Purposeful: It's nice for a thread to have a purpose, rather than just making a post for the sake of it. Pretty basic.

Helpful Tutorials, helpful tips and going out of your way to help fellow forumgoers deserve some kudos.

Original: There's nothing better than your own creation. Show yourself and don't be afraid to share your ideas with the rest of us. Try not to blatantly rip off others for your own glory or recognition.

Thought provoking/Engaging: Food for thought, our minds get bored and we need to exercise them.

Posted in the correct section Know who your target audience is and in which part of the forums the post should be in.

Unbiased: Self-explanatory. Nobody likes a stubborn fool and it's nice to keep your mind open to other interpretations.

Discriminating: This is just disrespectful and usually unwarranted.

Making the post all about yourself unless it's about an experience you'd like to share: (Otherwise known as 'attention whoring' )

Flamebait/Bait in general: (exceptions can be made for the very clever/funny)

Spamming: (Obviously, this is just childish and annoying)

One word titles/Misleading titles/Clickbait: No quality.

"Discuss": A body consisting of just 'discuss' isn't very engaging, and is generally unappealing to a reader.

Beating a dead thread: Once your thread has had its time, let it go. If there is no interest in it, it just wasn't meant to be. Please do not bump a million times to artificially increase its life or post count. Don't beat yourself up over it.

Quality always trumps quantity. Having more of the 'good' in threads and less of the 'bad' makes our home a more enjoyable place. Most of you are very capable of making good threads. This is only a quick rushed thread, please feel free to add more in the comments and I'll try to edit them into the OP with credit. This is the first draft and I know it's not refined. I am in no way claiming to be a good poster, these are just some thoughts. Enjoy."

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/157743663/0/0/1

Request: Please review these statements; then comment on the do's and don'ts in terms of relevance to RHP's Public Forums in 2015-16. Thanks,"
  7. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    24 Oct '15 08:53
    It's actually very simple.

Bad thread: Grampy Bobby posts in it.
    Good thread: Grampy Bobby doesn't post in it.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    24 Oct '15 11:27
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason

Choose to believe this if you must.

One Rhetorical Question:
    Does a "Bad thread" magically become a "Good thread"
    when NoEarthlyReason posts in it?
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    24 Oct '15 12:08
    He wish he might please some. I am afraid you are one of the very few. If only he just F.of and died already.
    @Kegge:

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
    (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland)
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Oct '15 05:15

Incorrect, in my opinion.
  11. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    25 Oct '15 11:18
    Incorrect, in my opinion.
    Of course, I forgot the third category.

Really bad thread: GB starts it. 😉
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Oct '15 11:22
    Of course, I forgot the third category.

Really bad thread: GB starts it. 😉
    Many of his threads are fingernails down a chalkboard for some, but as I said earlier in this thread, I think they drive activity.
  13. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    25 Oct '15 15:29
    Yep. I also wish Bashar Assad would die and he never even annoyed me on the internet, go figure.
  14. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    25 Oct '15 15:54
    Yep. I also wish Bashar Assad would die and he never even annoyed me on the internet, go figure.
    interesting, but, not really so much when i think about it for very long...
    there are days, on some issues, i feel no matter how loud or vehemently i scream, nobody hears what it is i have to say...
    and i say it everywhere i can...
    when days like this occur, my frustration spills over into revolutionary thinking...
    i'll just get a weapon and then they'll listen!!!
    but seriously folks,
    the death of a person will not change the situation for the world...
    the death of an entire race will not change the world, except for the worse...
    the eradication of a way of thinking, or of a perversity, will not change the orbit of the planet...

diatribe long enough...
  15. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Oct '15 13:44
    Many of his threads are fingernails down a chalkboard for some, but as I said earlier in this thread, I think they drive activity.
    So do mass riots.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree