1. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 10:432 edits
    Well, I could have given this title - I ate calf lever with chianti two days ago... (I'll come to that.)

It is so easier to be an eccentric on a forum than in real life.

And it is (usually) easier to be that in Europe than in Southern parts of world.

In Munich, at airport, when I travel to South, I am usually surrounded by fellow tribesmen and in October I had a clash as such: I put my backpack on one seat on fron of the gate and sat on the other.
    (Please note - a lot of empty seats all over.)
    Then, that guy who was sitting next to my backpack invited his acquaintance who just passed by - invited him to seat to my backpack place.
    Then I protested, "You cannot invite others on place occupied by my stuff!" This acquiatnace realized it was going to be trouble so he just said "I'll seat over there", and I and this bullie began to push each othes, and then a security guy apporached us, whilst other passengers were only worried not to miss their blo.o.dy flight (*they were angry at me not the ar.s.swhole who tried to bulle me.)

So we stopped wresttling and went into plane giving each other killing looks.

Ok.

But am I really so eccentric that even abroad I should provoke commentings...? Is it so conspicious?
    - my bow tie,
    - fat belly,
    - arrs cleavage when I bend over to tie up my shoes,
    - mismatched coloured bee yellow-green socks, my obesity, the way I eat and drink,
    - my chanting of old forgotten songs,
    - my dreamy lwatching the sunset??

I don't expect any of you to answer, please let mi kill this thread with the very first post, ok, I am just laying out some thoughts without dictionaries at reach.

So, I am here on Malta, preparing for Open, and one of secret weapons is refutation of Fried Liver Attack in 2 Knights, n which opening I won n last round in Rating Tournament in May.... I read that Shirov (*I play against Shirov, imagine that) said after he devastated his opponent - "I ate fried lievr with a bottle of chianti..."

And I was walking one evening on Malta, with chess variations in my head, and - so a choke board in front of a Italian restaurant. Calf liver it stood there...

So I took a seat and ordered. I was very hungry. I ordered a small bottle of chianti as a tribute to my chess preparatons.

chianti::
    http://s27.postimg.org/5nd48z2yb/IMG_3778.jpg
    calf lever:::
    http://s27.postimg.org/oidgd4sdv/IMG_3780.jpg
    mushrooms filled with gorgonzola as a starters:::
    http://s27.postimg.org/5rg4gpn77/IMG_3781.jpg

And I instructed waiter to place on my table both starter and main course at the same time.
    (*Knowingly that the dish with mushrooms will be so hot that I will be able to eat them only after lever...)

And then my eccentricity was punished again. An Italian woman who was sitting behind me, or maybe the waitress (*who brought me meal Instead of the main waiter who received the order) herself said OINK OINK.

Such is life of a lonsome eccentric...

Here in Malta one can swimm in November, water temperature is 22 C or 72 F.

Exiles Bay beach in Sliema:::
    http://s27.postimg.org/idlxzt0ab/IMG_3786.jpg

I should edit and add that lever looked as an overdimensioned human ear, undercooked, like in David Lynch's film "Blue Velvet" but it tasted not so bad.
  2. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 10:48

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 12:39
    True eccentrics would never view themselves as such. (And a true gentleman would have immediately moved the backpack, even if there were other seats available. The following scuffle was not an indicator of eccentricity).
  4. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 13:35
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    Well, I could have given this title - I ate calf lever with chianti two days ago... (I'll come to that.)

And it is (usually) easier to be that in Europe than in Southern parts of world.

In Munich, at airport, when I travel to South, I am usually surrounded by fellow tribesmen and ...[text shortened]... ioned human ear, undercooked, like in David Lynch's film "Blue Velvet" but it tasted not so bad.
    You sound normal

Are you American?
  5. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 13:49
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    You sound normal

Are you American?
    depends on how many guns he owns i suppose
  6. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 14:44

In Munich, at airport, when I travel to South, I am usually surrounded by fellow tribesmen and ...[text shortened]... ioned human ear, undercooked, like in David Lynch's film "Blue Velvet" but it tasted not so bad.
    I'm sure most of us have our crazy little foibles. Mines stirring up the hornets nest. Gives me a good laugh.
  7. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 15:09

hannibal lecter enjoyed his victims liver with a bottle of chianti

perhaps a variation of the fried liver attack, lecter was a very strong chess player
  8. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 15:13
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    hannibal lecter enjoyed his victims liver with a bottle of chianti

perhaps a variation of the fried liver attack, lecter was a very strong chess player
    Please Lemon.......I told you.....I'm in hiding........don't give my secrets away !!!
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 15:132 edits

In Munich, at airport, when I travel to South, I am usually surrounded by fellow tribesmen and in ...[text shortened]... mensioned human ear, undercooked, like in David Lynch's film "Blue Velvet" but it tasted not so bad.
    vandervelde, with your exceptionally high Red Hot Pawn Rating of "(2133)" online and OTB Chess are obviously two of your passions in life. Others apparent in this original post would include frequent travel, films, "old forgotten songs" and international cuisines for which you've acquired an interesting range of eclectic tastes. Though the "backpack" incident was unfortunate, there are times when it's a mark of civility to treat others better than they deserve; forgive and forget and move on. As to your concerns with being "so eccentric" it's more likely to occur when a man lives alone without the countervailing balance of a wife or significant other in his life. High marks for the honesty and candor you've displayed in this thread.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 15:14
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    (And a true gentleman would have immediately moved the backpack, even if there were other seats available. The following scuffle was not an indicator of eccentricity).
    To an elderly lady (Reveal Hidden Content
    to hot chick also**
    ), yes, to an elderly guy, yes, but for to two fat ba.stards, no and no. It was the situation as in a restaurant when someone approach your table and take a char without asking. It was a matter of honour. Street smart honour.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 15:16
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    You sound normal

Are you American?
    I feel like a Dane or Dutch.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 15:18
    Originally posted by roma45
    depends on how many guns he owns i suppose
    My umbrella is deadly weapon.😛
  13. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    16 Nov '15 06:271 edit

Bow tie is the only thing you listed that might make me wonder if you're eccentric.

It wasn't uncommon to see men wearing bow ties in the early part of the last century in the U.S. I remember seeing an old black and white photo of my dad wearing a bow tie, but I don't recall ever seeing him wear one of those as I was growing up. I don't wear anything that could be called 'ornamental', every thing I wear has a functional purpose... and no tattoos, or piercings, or rings or chains, or hats with feathers, or anything else I might have forgotten. I do wear pants, even though most of the time I don't need to... I mostly wear pants so I won't get arrested and forced to take medication for, well, you know.

Good grief, now I'm starting to wonder if I'M eccentric. 😕
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Nov '15 08:20
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Bow tie is the only thing you listed that might make me wonder if you're eccentric.

It wasn't uncommon to see men wearing bow ties in the early part of the last century in the U.S. I remember seeing an old black and white photo of my dad wearing a bow tie, but I don't recall ever seeing him wear one of those as I was growing up. I don't wear anything t ...[text shortened]... e medication for, well, you know.

The Ghost is happy to confirm it sir. 😉
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '15 14:51
    Originally posted by lemon lime

It wasn't uncommon to see men wearing bow ties in the early part of the last century in the U.S. I remember seeing an old black and white photo of my dad wearing a bow tie, but I don't recall ever seeing him wear one of those as I was growing up. I don't wear anything t ...[text shortened]... e medication for, well, you know.

Ok, what about this---/>
    1 When on gala dinners, I usually carry bread in the pocket of my pants because Westerners do not serve bread for dinners and lunches.
    2 I put ice cubes in red wine

3 I order Negroni cocktail outside Italy

I will remember more ...
    😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree