1. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    09 Jan '21 17:14
    @fmf said
    https://www.mixcloud.com/BillsBigBagOfOnions/bills-big-bag-of-onions-s04-e25/

Merry Christmas!

Nine of the featured 15 stories were written by people who play, or have played, chess here at RHP!
    does the author voice the story?
  2. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    09 Jan '21 20:57
    @rookie54 said
    does the author voice the story?
    Thanks, Mr Rookie, for bringing this back on subject. No, the micro - fictions are spoken by one man and one woman, and superbly done and interpreted I must say, and it's not necessarily gender - specific. One of mine which had a father and son decorating a Christmas tree was spoken by the lady, and it was well done. Other times the man and woman play respectively male and female voices in the same 'onion' and that works as well. 'From Colchester to Sulawesi' , the series, is narrated by the same people, and written for a male and female, myself and she who is most beloved, and music plays a big part in the production.
    Perhaps the best thing would be for you to listen to an episode, then you'd have a much better idea of how its' done, the shows this year are an hour long.
  3. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    09 Jan '21 21:23
    @indonesia-phil said
    Thanks, Mr Rookie, for bringing this back on subject. No, the micro - fictions are spoken by one man and one woman, and superbly done and interpreted I must say, and it's not necessarily gender - specific. One of mine which had a father and son decorating a Christmas tree was spoken by the lady, and it was well done. Other times the man and woman play respectively male ...[text shortened]... episode, then you'd have a much better idea of how its' done, the shows this year are an hour long.
    thank you
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    09 Jan '21 23:07
    @rookie54 said
    thank you
    You're welcome.
  5. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    09 Jan '21 23:09
    @indonesia-phil said
    Thanks, Mr Rookie, for bringing this back on subject. No, the micro - fictions are spoken by one man and one woman, and superbly done and interpreted I must say, and it's not necessarily gender - specific. One of mine which had a father and son decorating a Christmas tree was spoken by the lady, and it was well done. Other times the man and woman play respectively male ...[text shortened]... episode, then you'd have a much better idea of how its' done, the shows this year are an hour long.
    Two people so far have thumbed this down. In what way is this offensive? If either person would care to elaborate?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jan '21 23:201 edit
    @indonesia-phil said
    Two people so far have thumbed this down. In what way is this offensive? If either person would care to elaborate?
    I can tell you what’s “offensive”...

Through the discussion about this radio program you have been revealed to the weak-minded in here as being a friend of FMF, and by association, me.

Welcome to the other side of the mirror my friend.
  7. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    09 Jan '21 23:27
    The extraordinary thing about this thread is that despite it being nearly three hundred posts long, and having wandered at times into the usual juvenile name - calling, I daresay that nobody has actually listened to the show in question. Would anyone care to prove me wrong, or does anyone have anything constructive to say?
  8. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    09 Jan '21 23:33
    @divegeester said
    I can tell you what’s “offensive”...

Through the discussion about this radio program you have been revealed to the weak-minded in here as being a friend of FMF, and by association, me.

Welcome to the other side of the mirror my friend.
    Okay, got it. If that's all it is then I can live with that.
  9. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    09 Jan '21 23:44
    i have a character flaw
    actually i have a dozen or so, but
    i have a difficult time listening to podcasts in general
    i find myself wanting to raise questions or arguments with the narrator
    i dislike watching talking heads on the television for the same reason
    if i read a story, or the news, or whatever, i enjoy asking questions at the end, or reading the vapid comments of my mouth-breathing cousins
    i've tried moving into it slowly, listening to an npr cooking show
    the way they cook rice is stupid
    dammit
    one day, because i want to play at this, i'll be forced to force myself to listen with unattachment
    strangely (or not) i want to do the narration and i'll prolly choke
  10. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 00:15
    @rookie54 said
    i have a character flaw
    with a minor amount of work i could make this 100 words long
    and if i narrated it, i could make it sound painful
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 00:20

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 00:55
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    good to know
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 09:211 edit
    On my own thread about Bill's Big Bag of Christmas Onions, I had a post of mine asking someone about Bill's Big Bag of Christmas Onions deleted.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 10:441 edit
    @fmf said
    On my own thread about Bill's Big Bag of Christmas Onions, I had a post of mine asking someone about Bill's Big Bag of Christmas Onions deleted.
    Congratulations 🥳

Looks like alerting any post for anything sometimes works as a spite strategy by the emotionally brittle or weak-minded.

Such drama, such larks.
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 12:571 edit
    @divegeester said
    Congratulations 🥳

Looks like alerting any post for anything sometimes works as a spite strategy by the emotionally brittle or weak-minded.

Such drama, such larks.
    I thought the bias with the Moderators removing posts had pretty much disappeared with few exceptions. I had assumed they were all following the rules of the TOS, and new words which had been added by the site administrator? Am I wrong on this?

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree