1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Dec '20 06:00
    @fmf said
    Box 39 is Bill's Big Bag of Onions' stablemate.

The "Alternative Christmas" show curated by Gurpreet Sidhu goes out tonight.

https://www.mixcloud.com/Box39/166-box-39-show-77-alternative-christmas-with-gurpreet-sidhu/
    It really is good to see that these excellent radio shows are continuing to be made by this venerable team of writers, that the episodes continue to be broadcast by the radio station and distributed by MixCloud.

That is, despite all the skulduggery by a former team member.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Dec '20 18:30
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Highly recommend.
    Indeed, the idea is well conceived, brilliantly executed and a stand up example of team work and friendly collaboration.

It’s a pity that you fell foul of your pride and decided to become an enemy of the program.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Dec '20 19:04
    @divegeester said
    Indeed, the idea is well conceived, brilliantly executed and a stand up example of team work and friendly collaboration.

It’s a pity that you fell foul of your pride and decided to become an enemy of the program.
    Have a peaceful Christmas.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Dec '20 21:21
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Have a peaceful Christmas.
    You too, of course and sincerely.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Dec '20 21:39
    @divegeester said
    Suzianne.
    Of course who else! She does have her group of minions. 😉

-VR
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Dec '20 21:41
    A Healthy one would be my wish for Everyone.

Lets hope for better things to come in 2021!

-VR
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Dec '20 09:30
    @fmf said
    https://www.mixcloud.com/BillsBigBagOfOnions/bills-big-bag-of-onions-s04-e25/

Merry Christmas!

Nine of the featured 15 stories were written by people who play, or have played, chess here at RHP!
    Did anyone here find the opportunity to listen?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Dec '20 09:591 edit
    Here we go... 😆

GG RR
  9. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    27 Dec '20 21:45
    @divegeester said
    Did anyone here find the opportunity to listen?
    Here's a case in point regarding your thread about thumbing down. Why would anyone thumb this perfectly reasonable question down? Yet they have....Weird, if you ask me, could be a case of pearls before swine, I suppose.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Dec '20 21:54
    @indonesia-phil said
    Here's a case in point regarding your thread about thumbing down. Why would anyone thumb this perfectly reasonable question down? Yet they have....Weird, if you ask me, could be a case of pearls before swine, I suppose.
    6 thumbs down so it is the little crowd that doesn't like him who are doing the thumbing down. They don't have the courage to say anything to him so they thumb down his posts instead. How brave they are (NOT)!!!

-VR
  11. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    27 Dec '20 22:19
    @indonesia-phil said
    At risk of stating the obvious, if you see people getting called pretentious pricks or being subjected to pages of Sealioning for disagreeing with somebody you might prefer to anonymously thumbs down in response. I have the row, but I get why people advise me not to bother.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Dec '20 22:54
    @relentless-red said
    At risk of stating the obvious, if you see people getting called pretentious pricks or being subjected to pages of Sealioning for disagreeing with somebody you might prefer to anonymously thumbs down in response. I have the row, but I get why people advise me not to bother.
    Did you enjoy the radio programme linked to in the OP?
  13. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    27 Dec '20 22:59
    @fmf said
    Did you enjoy the radio programme linked to in the OP?
    I haven't listened to the one in the OP, but I listened to one of your shows earlier in the year and I thought it was good radio.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Dec '20 00:48
    @relentless-red said
    I haven't listened to the one in the OP, but I listened to one of your shows earlier in the year and I thought it was good radio.
    Wait. So, you haven't even listened to the Xmas radio programme and yet you believe the justification for it being "anonymously thumbed down" ~ along with the question "Did anyone here find the opportunity to listen?" ~ is "obvious"?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Dec '20 07:311 edit
    @relentless-red said
    So you thumbed down this thread because you had a conflict with me in another thread? Seems a bit childish.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree