1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Dec '20 07:52
    @indonesia-phil said
    Here's a case in point regarding your thread about thumbing down. Why would anyone thumb this perfectly reasonable question down? Yet they have....Weird, if you ask me, could be a case of pearls before swine, I suppose.
    As a contributor to the radio programme you may (probably) be aware of the Ghost of a Duke car crash, whereby he got his panties in a twist over the ubiquitous use of pseudonyms for writers who have more than one story used in a single program. I’m sure you are aware of his resultant thread in his club entitled “a trifling matter” which drags the organiser, FMF, (and myself for some bizarre reason, even though I have nothing to do with running the program), through the dirt of his foul accusations of intellectual theft and dishonest monetary gain. His pettiness reached so far as trying to get the radio program brought down in its entirety and impacted (albeit briefly) the creative lives of dozens of contributors, not to mention the radio producers and Mixcloud having to deal with his petulant nonsense. It was all sorted very quickly but resulted in Ghost of a Duke spilling his bile into RHP where it has become a festering and divisive wedge of partisan bad feeling and relentless red thumbs.

Of course most of the Ghost Chamber members will just take him at his word and jump on the partisan band wagon.
  2. Joined
    22 Sep '20
    Moves
    28 Dec '20 07:56
    😏 interesting 🤔
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Dec '20 09:45
    @divegeester said
    As a contributor to the radio programme you may (probably) be aware of the Ghost of a Duke car crash, whereby he got his panties in a twist over the ubiquitous use of pseudonyms for writers who have more than one story used in a single program. I’m sure you are aware of his resultant thread in his club entitled “a trifling matter” which drags the organiser, FMF, (and myse ...[text shortened]... ost of the Ghost Chamber members will just take him at his word and jump on the partisan band wagon.
    This is false on so many levels I don't even know where to begin.

A pseudonym by its very definition should be distinct from the author's real name. Do you agree on that at least? That is the whole point of a pseudonym. Switching the first letters of the first and second name is a spoonerism, and was not something I agreed to in any way (hence my reaction). Indeed, a family member finally listened to the show, and the only feedback they gave afterward was, "they couldn't even get your name right." - This occurred immediately after my falling out with FMF in these forums. Prior to that, my work (freely given) was attributed correctly to my real name as promised. - At that stage, I was the only contributor that had happened to.

The 'monetary gain' thing is completely nonsensical. No money was involved and no such accusations were made. Somebody might have enquired about the money implication, but it was explained this was not an issue regarding money. (In any way whatsoever). Indeed, that is the point. I still have the original audio message from FMF selling the idea of me contributing my work to his show. No money, but having my real name on the radio. That was the selling point and something he clearly failed to deliver on.

The show is great and the authors highly talented. It is not easy to compress a story into 100 words. For me however, it became an unpleasant embarrassment and I regret my involvement. - And contrary to what you say, I went out of my way not to damage. the broadcasts. Mixcloud spliced out my stories and I informed FMF in good time by email so that he could fill the gaps with alternative stories before the next broadcast. (Which he proceeded to do without any problems).
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Dec '20 09:551 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    This is false on so many levels I don't even know where to begin.

A pseudonym by its very definition should be distinct from the author's real name. Do you agree on that at least? That is the whole point of a pseudonym. Switching the first letters of the first and second name is a spoonerism, and was not something I agreed to in any way (hence my reaction). Indeed ...[text shortened]... with alternative stories before the next broadcast. (Which he proceeded to do without any problems).
    I think your brittleness, pettiness and spite is there to be seen in your club thread where you used the space to slander two members of this website behind their backs, myself completely without base or evidence. Rather than simply express your displeasure you attacked the radio program attempting to get episodes removed. You created a total poo-storm...over your name. Pathetic.

As I’ve told you several times and will keep doing so until you apologise, the thread you created and nurtured in your club contains inferences or creative theft and monetary gains. You encouraged other members to slate FMF and myself in this way ~ you personally dragged me into it when I had nothing to do with it.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Dec '20 10:06
    @divegeester said
    I think your brittleness, pettiness and spite is there to be seen in your club thread where you used the space to slander two members of this website behind their backs, myself completely without base or evidence. Rather than simply express your displeasure you attacked the radio program attempting to get episodes removed. You created a total poo-storm...over your name. P ...[text shortened]... ate FMF and myself in this way ~ you personally dragged me into it when I had nothing to do with it.
    Again you are incorrect. I made no attempt to get episodes removed. I worked with Mixcloud who used their expertise to splice out 'only' my stories leaving the rest of the show intact. I then informed FMF giving him a few days to plug the gaps (which he did without any problems, the next show going out as normal).

What else you got?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Dec '20 10:14
    @ghost-of-a-duke said

What else you got?
    Your nasty thread in your club where you personally lied about my involvement and used the situation to create the division across long-standing relationships in these forums.

You created this situation.
  7. Joined
    22 Sep '20
    Moves
    28 Dec '20 10:15
    😮🍿
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Dec '20 10:21
    @divegeester said
    Your nasty thread in your club where you personally lied about my involvement and used the situation to create the division across long-standing relationships in these forums.

You created this situation.
    Knowing your symbiotic relationship with FMF, I made the reasonable assumption it was a collaborative effort between the two of you. I stand by that. There was no lying involved.

And actually, this all started with the thread 'you' created in your club that resulted in me leaving. Things escalated from there. You created the situation.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Dec '20 10:58
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Knowing your symbiotic relationship with FMF, I made the reasonable assumption it was a collaborative effort between the two of you.
    A collaborative effort to do what...?

And yet you didn’t think to speak to me directly about it, you just “assumed”!
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Dec '20 11:01
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    And actually, this all started with the thread 'you' created in your club that resulted in me leaving. Things escalated from there. You created the situation.
    Oh so it’s MY fault!

And because you had a little upset (actually with FMF) and left my club after us knowing each other for what, 2 years at least.

So it’s all spite, as I suspected. And your little group of cronies all bought it.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Dec '20 06:52
    https://www.mixcloud.com/BillsBigBagOfOnions/bills-big-bag-of-onions-s04-e26/

Bill's Big Bag Of Onions S04 E26

Series 4 Retrospective
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '20 09:55
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    When you left my club because of a (unrelated) disagreement with FMF was it anything to do with FMF repeatedly turning down your persistent attempts to get him to join your newly founded club?
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Dec '20 10:54
    @divegeester said
    When you left my club because of a (unrelated) disagreement with FMF was it anything to do with FMF repeatedly turning down your persistent attempts to get him to join your newly founded club?
    No. Are you FMF's designated spokesperson?

Do you get a uniform?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '20 14:21
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    No.
    I don’t believe you. My question was therefore rhetorical, but thanks for the effort.

By the way are you going to answer my earlier question about what you (wrongly) thought FMF and I were “collaborating” in an “effort” to do what, exactly?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '20 14:231 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Are you FMF's designated spokesperson?
    No I’m not, but seeing as what he (and pretty much all of the rest of the microfiction group) thinks of you, you probably shouldn’t be expecting any interaction from him, probably for the rest of your life.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree