Moves
    12 Apr '20 14:59
    Boris is back.

Long live the Boris!
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Apr '20 15:261 edit
    Did his team cynically seize the opportunity drag the poor old Eton toff from his deathbed and present him as “ risen” to his discipleship on Easter Sunday??

Of course not.
  3. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    12 Apr '20 15:48
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Boris is back.

Long live the Boris!
    At last there is someone in charge again.Maybe,after his hospital stay,he will make sure the PPE gets to the NHS workers and save a few of their lives.This protective equipment is available but not distributed to the hospitals as yet.Boris could phone Amazon for a few tips on logistics.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Apr '20 15:57
    @biffo-konker said
    At last there is someone in charge again.Maybe,after his hospital stay,he will make sure the PPE gets to the NHS workers and save a few of their lives.This protective equipment is available but not distributed to the hospitals as yet.Boris could phone Amazon for a few tips on logistics.
    Do we know why the PPE hasn’t yet gotten to the NHS frontline?
  5. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    12 Apr '20 19:40
    The "PM" is back...
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Apr '20 21:36
    @divegeester said
    Do we know why the PPE hasn’t yet gotten to the NHS frontline?
    You’ve been watching the news too much, frontline... come on. Even the NHS workers hate it.

On the topic of Boris, I doubt you or I would have been admitted to hospital never mind in intensive care with the same symptoms but we’ll never know that one. He just sounds like a pompous prick, ‘NHS saved my life’ hardly. What a tool.

He clearly didn’t waste his hands enough, idiot.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Apr '20 21:45
    @trev33 said
    You’ve been watching the news too much, frontline... come on. Even the NHS workers hate it.

On the topic of Boris, I doubt you or I would have been admitted to hospital never mind in intensive care with the same symptoms but we’ll never know that one. He just sounds like a pompous prick, ‘NHS saved my life’ hardly. What a tool.

He clearly didn’t waste his hands enough, idiot.
    I “watch” the news less than twice a week and catch up once per day.

I’ve no idea what his condition was, perhaps your assertion is correct, perhaps not.

Well the NHS saves lives I’m pretty sure someone within will pipe up with more than just partisan rhetoric.

I’ve no idea if he wasted his hands, perhaps he has hands to spare.
  8. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    12 Apr '20 21:46
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Boris is back.

Long live the Boris!
    Hear hear, nobody wants anybody to be sick, and he's gone up in my estimations having been seen watching 'Withnail and I' on his sickbed, the man can't be all bad.
  9. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    12 Apr '20 21:52
    @biffo-konker said
    There's always been someone in charge, government isn't just one person, it doesn't work like that. I have a niece who's a doctor in an NHS hospital, she says she is well equipped and the hospital is well prepared, it isn't all bad news.
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Apr '20 21:55
    @divegeester said
    I “watch” the news less than twice a week and catch up once per day.

I’ve no idea what his condition was, perhaps your assertion is correct, perhaps not.

Well the NHS saves lives I’m pretty sure someone within will pipe up with more than just partisan rhetoric.

I’ve no idea if he wasted his hands, perhaps he has hands to spare.
    Wash, waste... 😂

Of course they save lives, that’s their job and the reason we pay national insurance. Was the life of Boris who never needed a ventilator and who was in ‘good spirts’ from the start really at risk? Extremely doubtful.

Anyway, I’ve stayed out of this thread to avoid ranting. Will be on my way again.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Apr '20 22:02
    @trev33 said
    Was the life of Boris who never needed a ventilator and who was in ‘good spirts’ from the start really at risk? Extremely doubtful.
    Apparently it was, and according to several GPs who came on TV to say so. Anyway why wouldn’t his life be at risk; do you think there was a conspiracy with St Thomas hospital?
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Apr '20 22:31
    @divegeester said
    Apparently it was, and according to several GPs who came on TV to say so. Anyway why wouldn’t his life be at risk; do you think there was a conspiracy with St Thomas hospital?
    I think the people you see laying in bed motionless on ventilators lives are at risk, I don’t believe the life of Boris was ever truly at risk, no. I think everything was a precaution, how many days apart were his last public broadcasts? He didn’t look well but that’s a far cry being on deaths door.

Anyway, genuinely hope he has a full recovery.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Apr '20 23:04
    @trev33 said
    I think the people you see laying in bed motionless on ventilators lives are at risk, I don’t believe the life of Boris was ever truly at risk, no. I think everything was a precaution, how many days apart were his last public broadcasts? He didn’t look well but that’s a far cry being on deaths door.

Medical professionals stated that his life was at risk which is why he was moved into intensive care where he remained for several days. But in your opinion they were were wrong?
    How many days should his broadcasts been apart?
    Who said he was “at deaths door”?
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    14 Apr '20 10:06
    @trev33 said

It appears you turned out to be correct!

Nice to see him out of ICU, and looking well on the way to a full recovery!

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree