1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 02:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    You're a strange chap, Grampy Bobby. You, from time to time, berate people - only those you don't respect, mind you - for talking about themselves in their posts. You've done it to me numerous times.

A few weeks ago you lampooned me for being self-centred when I related a two sentence personal anecdote about myself - you even counted how many times I used t ...[text shortened]... ecdote. You should take your own advice, Grampy Bobby, and have a look at what you have become🙂
    Feel better now?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 02:05
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Feel better now?
    No, not really. I'd rather it hadn't been necessary. But some things just need to be said.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Nov '15 15:492 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    No, not really. I'd rather it hadn't been necessary. But some things just need to be said.
    In Robert Townsend’s "Up the Organization" [an autobiographical book about his top executive career in Corporate America], he says: “To increase our share of the market a few years ago, I was on the verge of approving the start-up of a new subsidiary—which would compete with our bread-and-butter business—at discount prices. To verify my own brilliance I tried the idea out on a tall, rangy regional vice-president named Stepnowski. After hearing the plans described in some detail, he sank the whole project with one sentence: “I don’t know what you call it, but we Polacks call that ‘pissing in the soup’ “ We're done here. //.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '15 16:02
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    In Robert Townsend’s "Up the Organization" [an autobiographical book about his top executive career in Corporate America], he says: “To increase our share of the market a few years ago, I was on the verge of approving the start-up of a new subsidiary—which would compete with our bread-and-butter business—at discount prices. To verify my own brilliance I ...[text shortened]... ’t know what you call it, but we Polacks call that ‘pissing in the soup’ “ We're done here. //.
    If you want to treat this place like your personal blog and talk about yourself ad nauseam, Grampy Bobby, fine, but don't then pounce on others - who you happen to disrespect - for talking about themselves from time to time ~ with all that sneering drivel you come out with about the incidences of the vertical pronoun and whatnot. Like I said, why don't you take your own advice, and have a think about what you've become. 🙂
  5. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    08 Nov '15 16:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you want to treat this place like your personal blog and talk about yourself ad nauseam, Grampy Bobby, fine, but don't then pounce on others - who you happen to disrespect - for talking about themselves from time to time ~ with all that sneering drivel you come out with about the incidences of the vertical pronoun and whatnot. Like I said, why don't you take your own advice, and have a think about what you've become. 🙂
    Back of the net FMF.

Unfortunately Self awareness is not one of Gramps strong points.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Nov '15 23:55
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    Back of the net FMF.

Unfortunately Self awareness is not one of Gramps strong points.
    Your "strong points"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree