1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 10:00
    Originally posted by Larkie
    '"I accepted the kind invitation to enter the House of Lords as a working peer for practical political reasons." The second half of that sentence reads like a caveat or an excuse.
    It sounds like an explanation of his change of mind. Indeed, it actually sounds like he may have been persuaded to enter the lords by the labour party so that he could work for them there. If he changed his mind then your accusation of "hypocrisy" is the same kind of thing as people like whodey insisting that Obama not managing to pass everything he wanted into law meant that his stated aims as a candidate were "lies".
  2. Joined
    01 Apr '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 10:071 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    It sounds like an explanation of his change of mind. Indeed, it actually sounds like he may have been persuaded to enter the lords by the labour party so that he could work for them there. If he changed his mind then your accusation of "hypocrisy" is the same kind of thing as people like whodey insisting that Obama not managing to pass everything he wanted into law meant that his stated aims as a candidate were "lies".
    Is it?
    I don't know whodey or his views, and as I just pointed out, I don't hold many views on American politics either.
    It's difficult to draw direct comparisons on different people's views on unrelated subjects, isn't it?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 10:59
    It's difficult to draw direct comparisons on different people's views on unrelated subjects, isn't it?
    I am drawing conclusions about your views and I am not finding it difficult at all. The subjects are related by the 'playbook' that you and the likes of whodey appear to use. If you're not interested in how 'a-politician's-thwarted-campaign-promises-make-him-a-liar' relates to 'a-politician-was-a-hypocrite-because-he-changed-his-mind', then that is your prerogative, of course.
  4. Joined
    01 Apr '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 15:081 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am drawing conclusions about your views and I am not finding it difficult at all. The subjects are related by the 'playbook' that you and the likes of whodey appear to use. If you're not interested in how 'a-politician's-thwarted-campaign-promises-make-him-a-liar' relates to 'a-politician-was-a-hypocrite-because-he-changed-his-mind', then that is your prerogative, of course.
    What a very clever chap you are, drawing conclusions like that. Playbooks, indeed. Fascinating!
    At least, I think you're a chap - you're not my ex-wife using a nom-de-plume I hope?
    Boy, now she could argue the toss.
    Actually I'm thinking of starting a new thread that you may be interested in contributing: 'Black is actually black, and not white'. Care to join in?
  5. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 17:06
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I do not see how belonging to something one objects to is hypocritical.
    The only way the Lords can be abolished is through Parliament of which the Lords is a part.

In the same way that the UK should stay in the EU so that it can reform it.
    The house of lords needs to go and two fingers to the EU .
    You will never reform Europe it's a lost cause .
    If you loved Europe that much why did you leave the UK for NZ ?
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 17:28
    What a very clever chap you are, drawing conclusions like that. Playbooks, indeed. Fascinating!
    At least, I think you're a chap - you're not my ex-wife using a nom-de-plume I hope?
    Actually I'm thinking of starting a new thread that you may be interested in contributing: 'Black is actually black, and not white'. Care to join in?
    larkie,

I don't know a lot about FMF except he LOVES to argue/debate, call it what you will.

It is quite possible he/she could be your ex-wife.... 😉

-VR
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 20:33
    Originally posted by phil3000
    If you loved Europe that much why did you leave the UK for NZ ?
    What a stupid question!
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 20:34
    Originally posted by phil3000
    The house of lords needs to go and two fingers to the EU .
    If you hated the EU so much why didn't you leave??
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 23:091 edit
    I suggest you take this kind of stuff to the Clans Forum, Larkie. I was talking to you about your questionable use of the word "hypocrisy" which clearly seemed to be distorted by your feelings about the public figure you were aiming it at.
  10. Joined
    01 Apr '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '17 01:59
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    larkie,

I don't know a lot about FMF except he LOVES to argue/debate, call it what you will.

It is quite possible he/she could be your ex-wife.... 😉

-VR
    There are certainly marked similarities. It's uncanny!
    Cheers
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '17 02:11
    Very Rusty: It is quite possible FMF could be your ex-wife...

There are certainly marked similarities. It's uncanny!
    Take it to the Bernard Manning/Jim Davidson Forum spanky! 😛
  12. Joined
    01 Apr '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '17 03:271 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Take it to the Bernard Manning/Jim Davidson Forum spanky! 😛
    Spanky. Tee hee. And a cutesy imoji too! Nice.
    Dry your eyes, FMF. You took a cheap swipe at me (response to Wolfgang p4) and I have reciprocated in kind - no need to get quite so sniffy. And it's larkie, so let's not start name-calling, eh? - that really does lower the tone.
    Aw c'mon now. Let's be best of friends. 😀
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '17 03:46
    Dry your eyes, FMF. You took a cheap swipe at me (response to Wolfgang p4) and I have reciprocated in kind - no need to get quite so sniffy. And it's larkie, so let's not start name-calling, eh? - that really does lower the tone.
    Aw c'mon now. Let's be best of friends. 😀
    Sniffy? On the contrary. With you I've remained calm and focused on what interested me about your use of the word "hypocrisy" - and what you've said about that - throughout. The other kind of "funny" posting you've been offering - regarding me, your "ex-wife" etc. - has not been so interesting.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '17 03:48
    One thing I am a bit curious about, though. Why do you keep mentioning it when an emoticon was used in a post?
  15. Joined
    01 Apr '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '17 04:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    One thing I am a bit curious about, though. Why do you keep mentioning it when an emoticon was used in a post?
    You should use the edit facility- saves sending 2 posts.
    We've done the thread to death now.
    I'll leave you to ponder my dislike of the over-use of emoticons
    Take care now.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree