1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Mar '13 04:06
    ... in taking such wattaged umbrage at someome else's point of view you
    guys have a way of making it difficult for me to love you but i still do.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '13 04:55
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    ... in taking such wattaged umbrage at someome else's point of view you
    guys have a way of making it difficult for me to love you but i still do.
    It's seems odd for you to think people would be concerned about whether you "love" them or not. I was under the impression that you have been banned repeatedly for your atrocious bullying behaviour towards fellow posters and that you you are widely held in contempt. 🙂
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '13 05:04
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Here's a few choices:

http://www.earthcalendar.net/_php/lookup.php?mode=date&m=03&d=18&y=2013

Without seeing what you're seeing I can't do much better, I'm afraid.
    Interesting site, but it is lacking. I forwarded to my birthday next month, and found no mention of me. 🙂
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    19 Mar '13 06:18
    Originally posted by JS357
    Interesting site, but it is lacking. I forwarded to my birthday next month, and found no mention of me. 🙂
    It's lacking a lot once you get outside the US of A. I've discovered I share a birthday with a Norwegian princess. 🙂
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Mar '13 09:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's seems odd for you to think people would be concerned about whether you "love" them or not. I was under the impression that you have been banned repeatedly for your atrocious bullying behaviour towards fellow posters and that you you are widely held in contempt. 🙂
    footnote: fmf, over many decades i've loved both casually and intensely. the mindset's intensity has varied in direct proportion to the intimacy of the relationship. this privileged social transaction has often been acknowledged; sometime reciprocated; infrequently ignored or rejected. these responses have always been appreciated when they've been honest and the passing disappointment aborbed when not. i value veracity, broad shoulders and kindness. whether within a social or parental or romantic context, my affection and/or love has been genuine and selectively given. though my life on earth may be in its final chapter, i'm comfortable in my own god given skin and harbor neither remorse nor regret. to the contrary, i value the fact of recent deliverance from paralysis in each step, however purposeful or playful [the conversation in view, an example of the latter]. petulance, anger or outrage over incidental differences of opinion: still as common as grass in the first garden when the virgin seeds of enmity were sown.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Mar '13 09:37
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    It's lacking a lot once you get outside the US of A. I've discovered I share a birthday with a Norwegian princess. 🙂
    i've used others in the past but this one i'll remember for future birthdays of geographically distant family and friends. thanks.

p.s. maybe your birth date's shared with nordlys. lol
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '13 09:52
    footnote: fmf, over many decades i've loved both casually and intensely. the mindset's intensity has varied in direct proportion to the intimacy of the relationship. this privileged social transaction has often been acknowledged; sometime reciprocated; infrequently ignored or rejected. these responses have always been appreciated when they've been hones ...[text shortened]... : still as common as grass in the first garden when the virgin seeds of enmity were sown.
    It's just an observation on my part: you are widely held in contempt, as you well know, and if I am not mistaken, the web site's owners have thought it fit to ban from the forums several times. In such circumstances, for you to be cogitating whether you "love" people in a chat room where you often act so contemptibly, is boringly daft, nothing more and nothing less. Just sayin', that's all. 🙂
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Mar '13 09:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's just an observation on my part: you are widely held in contempt, as you well know, and if I am not mistaken, the web site's owners have thought it fit to ban from the forums several times. In such circumstances, for you to be cogitating whether you "love" people in a chat room where you often act so contemptibly, is boringly daft, nothing more and nothing less. Just sayin', that's all. 🙂
    thanks for weighing in; your opinions expressed, as usual, are characterized by both heat and heft. today's shopping day. i hear baloney's on sale. wondering if you need anything from the deli. how about a pound sliced thin for you and another for g[lol]b.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '13 10:022 edits
    thanks for weighing in; your opinions expressed, as usual, are characterized by both heat and heft. today's shopping day. i hear baloney's on sale. wondering if you need anything from the deli. how about a pound sliced thin for you and another for g[lol]b.
    As a matter of interest, do you think the Japanese - and other Asians - are "primitive" generally speaking, or is it just when they celebrate some centuries' old traditions? I've met a few puffed up and snide "Ugly Americans" travelling in Asia [not as many as the curious, open minded ones I've met, for sure] and your revealing remark about the Enoshima festival rather reminded me of one or two I've run into.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Mar '13 10:193 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you think the Japanese - and other Asians - are "primitive" generally speaking, or is it just when they celebrate some centuries' old traditions?
    hardly. our best man's ancestral line was royal mandarin, i believe. he and his dad, a professor at columbia university, never went around their house [in tolerant southern california] with their precious egg roll tutored butts hanging out in the breeze. had they, mom who knew her way around the kitchen cutlery drawer, would have taken steps. once after dinner, johns hopkins phd ron and the prof were playing some clever conversational upsmanship. finally, as the banter began to wane, prof pop says, 'ronald, you have considerable knowledge but i have wisdom'. at that point, we all smiled knowingly and then went for an evening stroll along the docks. miss him so much. p.s. did you need any milk or suds?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '13 10:221 edit
    hardly. [...blah blah blah] .
    So it's just when you see photographs of them celebrating centuries' old traditions that you don't see in Boston? That's when you reckon they are "primitive"?
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Mar '13 10:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    So it's just when you see photographs of them celebrating centuries' old traditions that you don't see in Boston? That's when you reckon they are "primitive"?
    too tired to continue. thanks.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '13 10:341 edit
    ...though my life on earth may be in its final chapter [...]i value the fact of recent deliverance from paralysis in each step....
    As you find yourself scrounging for sympathy and attention in an internet chat room on account of your advancing age, do you find yourself becoming more respectful and tolerant of diversity and foreignness, or less respectful and tolerant? Have you ever travelled to any foreign countries outside North America? Have you ever been to any carnivals in Asia?
  14. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    21 Mar '13 02:253 edits
    FMF's hostility knows no bounds it seems.

Let it go FMF, you're soiling the thread.

FYI, celebrating centuries-old tradition is not in and of itself "primitive." While I assume you agree (which is based on what I gather from your rhetorical "questions" ), I then must also assume you believe that celebrating biblical traditions is likewise acceptable. Just sayin' ....

Did you celebrate any ancient traditions during your time as a faithful, devoted Christian? Just curious.
  15. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    21 Mar '13 02:40
    Re "Did you celebrate any ancient traditions during your time as a faithful, devoted Christian? "

As for me, I love any ancient tradition/celebration that involves the "fruit of the vine" and a good story. I was raised Jewish and we have such wonderful fun feasts.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree