1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '13 09:153 edits
    Originally posted by sumydid
    FYI, celebrating centuries-old tradition is not in and of itself "primitive."

I agree. The suggestion that they are "primitive" - because Grampy Bobby doesn't see them in Boston - is ludicrous and parochial. Hence my yanking his chain for blurting it out.

I then must also assume you believe that celebrating biblical traditions is likewise acceptable. Just sayin' ....

Of course they are. Why would they not be "acceptable" to me? I have asserted others' rights to practise their religions on countless occasions on the Spirituality Forum.

Did you celebrate any ancient traditions during your time as a faithful, devoted Christian?

Sure I did. Don't almost all Christians celebrate traditions?
  2. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    21 Mar '13 12:02
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Is Enoshima any more primitive than South Boston on St. Patrick's Day?
    Zing!

http://lolsnaps.com/news/53986/0/
  3. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    21 Mar '13 12:11
    Originally posted by Zamboner
    Zing!

http://lolsnaps.com/news/53986/0/
    Have you ever been to Ireland?
  4. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    21 Mar '13 12:41
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Have you ever been to Ireland?
    Yes. My mother is from Ballyclare in Northern Ireland and I have visited family there twice. I realize the picture is an inaccurate exaggeration on both accounts.
  5. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    21 Mar '13 12:43
    Yes. My mother is from Ballyclare in Northern Ireland and I have visited family there twice. I realize the picture is an inaccurate exaggeration on both accounts.
    Another Nordy?

Between you and Trev33 I am surrounded by Nordies.

Did you shout for Ballyclare Comrades when they were playing???
  6. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    21 Mar '13 12:442 edits
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Another Nordy?

Between you and Trev33 I am surrounded by Nordies.

Did you shout for Ballyclare Comrades when they were playing???
    I'm not a "Nordy", my mother is.

I am Canadian.
  7. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    21 Mar '13 12:54
    I'm not a "Nordy", my mother is.

I am Canadian.
    OK we'll forgive you then.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Mar '13 15:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    As a matter of interest, do you think the Japanese - and other Asians - are "primitive" generally speaking, or is it just when they celebrate some centuries' old traditions? I've met a few puffed up and snide "Ugly Americans" travelling in Asia [not as many as the curious, open minded ones I've met, for sure] and your revealing remark about the Enoshima festival rather reminded me of one or two I've run into.
    Are there any "puffed up and snide" "Ugly Asians"? I'm starting to think so.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '13 22:32
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Are there any "puffed up and snide" "Ugly Asians"? I'm starting to think so.
    Of course. If any crop up in a chat room like this and suggest the U.S. is "primitive" - or some such - because it's unfamiliar, and not the same as Malaysia or Cambodia or Japan or Indonesia or wherever, then they will deserve whatever teasing they get for their gormless ethnocentrism. 😀
  10. Wat?
    Moves
    23 Mar '13 02:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    Of course. If any crop up in a chat room like this and suggest the U.S. is "primitive" - or some such - because it's unfamiliar, and not the same as Malaysia or Cambodia or Japan or Indonesia or wherever, then they will deserve whatever teasing they get for their gormless ethnocentrism. 😀
    crops up...... 😀

-m.
  11. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    23 Mar '13 11:10
    Originally posted by mikelom
    crops up...... 😀

-m.
    It's plural - Asians - so crop up is correct.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree