1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Nov '13 20:371 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    What does Divegeester even know about chess? He should not be offering any opinions on this Site on questions of etiquette. It's like if I called my financial adviser for advice just to have her pass the phone over to her toddler.
    Since when has it been acceptable to take the piss out of someone's chess rating in this forum?
  2. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    25 Nov '13 21:08
    Well said, it's got nothing to do with ability. If it's not too corny; I've got more respect for the worst chess player in the world with a good attitude than the best player in the world who throws their toys out of the perambulator when they start losing. That was a bit corny, wasn't it....?
  3. Joined
    17 Jun '10
    Moves
    25 Nov '13 23:27
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    I suspect that your purpose is to blow off some steam and you are not seriously looking for any changes in rules here.
    Insightful. 

Also I realized after posting that a person might have an elevated "wins by timeout" because their jaded opponents failed to complete lost games, not just because they'd chain-dragged opponents to death, so it's probably unfair to make that a chain-drag indication.  

Again, I've appreciated the various reflections.  See you on a board sometime.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Dec '13 12:501 edit
    Originally posted by ribman
    Insightful.

Also I realized after posting that a person might have an elevated "wins by timeout" because their jaded opponents failed to complete lost games, not just because they'd chain-dragged opponents to death, so it's probably unfair to make that a chain-drag indication.

Again, I've appreciated the various reflections. See you on a board sometime.
    I've heard this term before. What is the etymology of this 'chain dragging'?
  5. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    01 Dec '13 16:35
    I wish this site had a chess forum where people could go and discuss matters relating to chess. Seem outrageous, I know, but I like to think outside of the box.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Dec '13 18:092 edits
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    I wish this site had a chess forum where people could go and discuss matters relating to chess. Seem outrageous, I know, but I like to think outside of the box.
    No, you don't. Well, maybe you do, but this is not an example of it.

Now if you advocated discussing anything in any forum, or even not putting restrictions on a forum called the General Forum (everyone thinks they know what the General Forum should be), then you would be thinking outside the box.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Dec '13 18:13
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I've heard this term before. What is the etymology of this 'chain dragging'?
    Yes, WHY is it called "chain dragging"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree