charity

Standard memberRemoved
General 01 Dec '18 16:43
  1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 16:43
    every year I pick a charity to donate to last year it was the sally army but recently they have been getting bad press, so I chose the great north air ambulance, who will you donate to or not and why?
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 16:52
    @badradger
    I have donated to our local NPR station, can't afford much but I think they need to be supported.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 16:58
    @sonhouse said
    @badradger
    I have donated to our local NPR station, can't afford much but I think they need to be supported.
    NPR ?
  4. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 17:14
    monthly, only a pittance, but something, on a rotating basis,
    planned parenthood
    aclu
    national parks
    splc
    local senior citizens club
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Dec '18 08:06
    Donating to a charity is one way to show love for our neighbors. An even more personal way is to donate time to those organizations that help others every day. Choose wisely.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Dec '18 08:091 edit
    Also, the word most often translated as "charity" in the King James Version of the New Testament is translated as "love" in the New International Version.

Clearly, charity is love.
  7. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    02 Dec '18 11:33
    I used to volunteer at a local Community Health Center. But, I've become rather lazy these past two years.
    I listen to NPR almost exclusively when traveling. So I agree Sonhouse, they're deserving of a few shekels.

(NPR - National Public Radio: I believe they're the most objective news source still to be found in the U.S.)
  8. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    02 Dec '18 22:31
    I give to a couple. Sponsoring a puppy to be trained as a guide dog for the blind is a favourite as I get emails with video pupdates and get to find out about who has been given the guide dog.

I’ve also set up a walking group in my community. There are now 5 of us regularly covering 2 evenings a week but we’re expecting more interest once the winter is over. I’m hoping that more local people will join us to improve their physical and mental health or make new friends. In the spring we’ll get a poster put up in our GP surgery.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 Dec '18 16:37
    @badradger said
    every year I pick a charity to donate to last year it was the sally army but recently they have been getting bad press, so I chose the great north air ambulance, who will you donate to or not and why?
    I never say who I am donating to or how many charity's as I consider it bragging.

-VR
  10. Gothenburg
    Moves
    03 Dec '18 16:52
    I give monthly to different organisations. I'm not sure how much actually ends up where it should, but if I give nothing, nothing will.
  11. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    03 Dec '18 18:28
    monthly
    St Judes
    ASPCA
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Dec '18 23:56
    @badradger said
    I'm not contributing. my flat burned down 🙂
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Dec '18 01:20
    @karoly-aczel said
    I'm not contributing. my flat burned down 🙂
    Becareful what you joke about!

-VR
  14. Standard memberMudfinger
    Ol' Dirty Heathen
    I'm Naked!
    Moves
    04 Dec '18 02:011 edit
    @sonhouse
    I love NPR.

We support the local veterinary efforts for spaying feral cats and donate goods medicines as well as a little cash for homeless pets.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Dec '18 15:04
    @badradger
    National Public Radio.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree