1. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    29 May '13 15:01
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Hey, Charlie, glad you like it. Fact that its tone is relaxed should attract other outgoing people like yourself. Your comment about Body Language reminds me that we replace it with Tone of Meaning on the Internet. Words are all we have. (gb)
    I "will not" be dragged into this thread screeeeeeaming. Unless you're tone deaf you'll get my meaning LOUD and clear.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 May '13 13:34
    Hey, Charlie, glad you like it. Fact that its tone is relaxed should attract other outgoing people like yourself. Your comment about Body Language reminds me that we replace it with Tone of Meaning on the Internet. Words are all we have. (gb)
    I dont know... that subtle British humour can often escape me.

Tone of Meaning,eh? What would that mean to you?
  3. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    30 May '13 13:58
    Hi, Tygert. One of my favs too, with ground black pepper. In a way life's like a sandwich. Slice of bread on the bottom, your life growing up and doing the very best you can in school. The middle of the sandwich, your life as an adult with bigger responsibilities (with a family and important work and home of your own). Top slice, retired and maybe a Gra ...[text shortened]... appy people along the way may try to criticize you unfairly. No worries. Just stay strong. (gb)
    Thanks very much GB. A good piece of advice. Taking a five minute from the studying...
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    30 May '13 16:10
    "Yes, Stees, I see that my Fellow American proudly flies one, too."

Please, let's not be ridiculous. Thank you.
    Flagface is available anytime you want to borrow it, Bobby.

One fringe benefit of showing the colors is that it seems to annoy the Brits.
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    30 May '13 17:34
    Originally posted by HandyAndy

Kinda like tossing tea into a harbour?
  6. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    30 May '13 17:52

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    30 May '13 18:03
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    He must be taking some science courses in marine biology or else home economics (how to BBQ our catch of the day).
  8. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    30 May '13 18:21
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Kinda like tossing tea into a harbour?
    ...or even a harbor.
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    30 May '13 18:32
    ...or even a harbor.
    yes, as spelt by my neighbours to the south.
  10. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    30 May '13 18:38

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 May '13 18:421 edit

No thank you, Andy. I'll keep and cherish "Liberty Lady", whose compassionate posture and outstretched torch are known and valued by many families across this nation and around the globe (including my own immediate family and generations that preceded us from Sweden). Your athletic "Flagface" seems to have gone missing. Did she take a hike or sabbatical? The Brits happen to be our friends (including many on Red Hot Pawn). Why would we purpose to annoy them? (gb)
  12. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    31 May '13 08:47
    I'm in a three hour technology exam on my laptop... It is based on google sketchup. For those of you that don't know sketchup is an architecture application and I have to build on office... I'm done though which is why I'm here. I have 1 1/2 hours left. Boring...
  13. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    31 May '13 11:12
    Originally posted by Tygert
    I'm in a three hour technology exam on my laptop... It is based on google sketchup. For those of you that don't know sketchup is an architecture application and I have to build on office... I'm done though which is why I'm here. I have 1 1/2 hours left. Boring...
    You should always take your time with exams.
    You are given 3 hours for a reason. I know that
    most will probably do it in 2 hours but always
    take the time that is given to you. Look at it as
    an opportunity and not a barrier.
  14. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    31 May '13 12:13
    Originally posted by Tygert
    Someone asked me once what I was putting on my hamburger, to which I replied, 's ketchup, want some?
  15. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    31 May '13 14:10
    The Brits happen to be our friends (including many on Red Hot Pawn). Why would we purpose to annoy them?
    Sam Adams would have tossed you over the side along with the tea.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree