General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148851
    17 Oct '15 18:571 edit
    Chess teachers, are tough!

    "75 year-old chess instructor who fought off a knife-wielding man threatening to kill children at a central Illinois library say this week's attack will not stop his class from holding its next meeting."


    http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/chess-teacher-fought-off-attacker-class-34544332
  2. Donationmwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Joined
    25 Feb '01
    Moves
    65464
    17 Oct '15 19:311 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Chess teachers, are tough!

    "75 year-old chess instructor who fought off a knife-wielding man threatening to kill children at a central Illinois library say this week's attack will not stop his class from holding its next meeting."


    http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/chess-teacher-fought-off-attacker-class-34544332
    It helps if you also happen to be trained to deal with a knife attack..
  3. the forest
    Joined
    06 Jul '15
    Moves
    14947
    17 Oct '15 23:53
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    It helps if you also happen to be trained to deal with a knife attack..
    it pays to know the background. he was a christian.

    deal with it.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148851
    18 Oct '15 09:16
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    It helps if you also happen to be trained to deal with a knife attack..
    Yes, I agree having training to fight with knives could be useful in a knife fight. 🙂
  5. Subscriberdivegeester
    Racist, apparently
    Dumnonia
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88343
    18 Oct '15 10:28
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Yes, I agree having training to fight with knives could be useful in a knife fight. 🙂
    Probably a bit more useful than e4.
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    7198
    18 Oct '15 16:04
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Probably a bit more useful than e4.
    Only d4 is more useful than e4.
Back to Top