1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 06:00
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Nice one Cyril.

(A point for knowling the origin of that reference!)
    ???
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 16:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    ???
    Nobody, I trust, knows or understands what you ask for.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 20:41
    Nice one Cyril.

(A point for knowling the origin of that reference!)
    "Nice one Cyril" is an obvious reference to the Cyrillic alphabet.

The phrase became a famous catch-phrase thanks to bread advertising
    campaign on British TV. (Cyril being one of the bakers)

It was then adopted by Spurs fans as a homage to full-back Cyril Knowles.
    (Hence my clue in mis-spelling "knowing" )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyril_Knowles
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 23:53
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Nobody, I trust, knows or understands what you ask for.
    Your sixth word was non-conforming... I say this just so you can know what's what.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 23:591 edit
    "Nice one Cyril" is an obvious reference to the Cyrillic alphabet.

The phrase became a famous catch-phrase thanks to bread advertising
    campaign on British TV. (Cyril being one of the bakers)

It was then adopted by Spurs fans as a homage to full-back Cyril Knowles.
    (Hence my clue in mis-spelling "knowing" )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyril_Knowles
    This post of yours is almost unruly in its lack of conformity. 22 words do not comply with this word play's basic limitation!
  6. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 Aug '15 01:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    This post of yours is almost unruly in its lack of conformity. 22 words do not comply with this word play's basic limitation!
    Can you count it if your contribution's vocabulary has digit-words? I think using "22" is suspicious. It stands for a word that is against our constraint, right?

This is my first forum post, I think. Thanks for a fun way to jump in and form a contribution!
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Aug '15 01:321 edit
    Originally posted by aukermdr
    Can you count it if your contribution's vocabulary has digit-words? I think using "22" is suspicious. It stands for a word that is against our constraint, right?

This is my first forum post, I think. Thanks for a fun way to jump in and form a contribution!
    Thank you for your compliant contribution - though your slightly surly inquiry about my utilisation of "22" [two digits ~ that is "2" ~ doubly shown, thusly: 2 and 2 again, making "22"] will not curry my favour, you should know, that's all.
  8. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 Aug '15 02:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    Thank you for your compliant contribution - though your slightly surly inquiry about my utilisation of "22" [two digits ~ that is "2" ~ doubly shown, thusly: 2 and 2 again, making "22"] will not curry my favour, you should know, that's all.
    Oh, I am thankful for your clarification. "Two two" is a smart way to avoid foul play in this discussion. I was imagining you said "22" as a singular unit, not as two distinct digits.

To your point, though, I did not wish to spark a poor first opinion in your mind. "Slightly surly" was not my motivation. Is it too forward if I wish to start apologizing?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Aug '15 02:43
    I was imagining you said "22" as a singular unit, not as two distinct digits.
    Sorry, this is fighting talk on your part. You thought I "...said "22" as a singular unit, not as two distinct digits"?? Watch your mouth.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Aug '15 02:55
    To your point, though, I did not wish to spark a poor first opinion in your mind. "Slightly surly" was not my motivation. Is it too forward if I wish to start apologizing?
    Don't stoop to apologizing. Your noob status is what it is. Folks will know. Tough it out. If your lip [that is your high lip, naturally, not your low lip] is stiff, you will pull through. Submit to taunts but do so with a pinch of salt. Pray to God. Drink fluids. Always don non-dirty y-fronts.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Aug '15 07:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    Don't stoop to apologizing. Your noob status is what it is. Folks will know. Tough it out. If your lip [that is your high lip, naturally, not your low lip] is stiff, you will pull through. Submit to taunts but do so with a pinch of salt. Pray to God. Drink fluids. Always don non-dirty y-fronts.
    Your{sic} good at this!
    Its difficult to grasp at first.
    But I got it!
  12. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 Aug '15 12:25
    Originally posted by FMF
    Your sixth word was non-conforming... I say this just so you can know what's what.
    D&#mn! Caught out...
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Aug '15 19:57
    I LOV€ THE €URO.

IT IS SO V€RSATIL€.
  14. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    26 Aug '15 04:28
    Can anybody play in this sandpit?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Aug '15 05:44
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Can anybody play in this sandpit?
    Typists of posts at this play's start did show an inability to play (so this individual - or two or 3 - can't - by which I say this bad guy - or guys - lacks an ability to [or simply won't] play) but if by "can" you now think of 'allow' or 'admit' or things similar ( such as Can I start? or Can I go now? ), well I say "ay" ~ as Scottish nationals might say, though I'm no Scot.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree