13 Feb '16 07:42
    Peace and tranquility.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 07:46
    Originally posted by FMF
    What occurs to you when you do?
    They start toiling with the birds of the air.
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 13:16
    They grow.
  5. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 14:58
    They band together, set up mobile operations bases and begin to mine and refine Tiberium.
  6. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 20:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    Luke 12:27
    “Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.”

King James Version (KJV)
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 20:561 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Luke 12: 27-28
    "Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; but I tell you, not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. 28 But if God so clothes the grass in the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, how much more will He clothe you? You men of little faith!"
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 21:03
    Consider hypocrisy, mental illness, bitterness, senility and loss.

So happy that the self imposed new thread ban is still in force.
  9. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 21:472 edits
    "I want a job," said Archie.

Mr. Wheeler consumed eight fried potatoes in quick succession. He was an able trencherman.

"I always looked on you as one of our leading lilies of the field," he said. "Why this anxiety to toil and spin?"

"Well, my wife, you know, seems to think it might put me one-up with the jolly old dad if I did something."

"And you're not particular what you do, so long as it has the outer aspect of work?"

"Anything in the world, laddie, anything in the world."

~ P.G.Wodehouse, Indiscretions of Archie
  10. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 21:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    The Ballad of Willie McBride, for some strange reason.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 00:12
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Luke 12: 27-28
    "Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; but I tell you, not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. 28 But if God so clothes the grass in the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, how much more will He clothe you? You men of little faith!"
    So it occurred to you to copy paste some text? 😛
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 00:13
    Originally posted by Gambrel
    Luke 12:27
    “Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.”

King James Version (KJV)
    What occurs to you when you consider the lilies of the field?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 00:222 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think of orchids for some reason. I ran into a plausible looking middle aged self-identifying botanist and researcher in West Papua when I lived there. He even had the safari jacket and hat.

It was very unusual to meet fellow foreigners in the town where I was living (I was the only one at one point apart from a couple of elderly Dutch priests) so I helped him out a bit ~ sorted him out a place to stay, interpreted for him, and this and that.

The day after he was supposed to have left, I heard he'd been arrested at the airport trying to smuggle a suitcase of rare and highly valuable orchids out of the province illegally. He was a poacher and not a scientist. I was never implicated for some reason.

Not a story about lilies of the field, I know, but this is what occurs to me when I consider them.
  14. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 00:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    I've had a skin full of beer and a belly full of Indian food and can't make it to the bog ,
    so I will get to that Lillie field ,have a dump and whipe me arse on a lilly ...
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 00:51
    Originally posted by phil3000
    I've had a skin full of beer and a belly full of Indian food and can't make it to the bog ,
    so I will get to that Lillie field ,have a dump and whipe me arse on a lilly ...
    Not even Solomon in all his glory did that, as far as we know. 😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree