1. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    11 Nov '12 04:07
    No, not the stupid republicans, these are REAL ones that actually happened.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19884_6-insane-conspiracy-theories-that-actually-happened.html

Enjoy! or weep, depending on how they've affected your life ...
  2. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    11 Nov '12 06:553 edits
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    No, not the stupid republicans, these are REAL ones that actually happened.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19884_6-insane-conspiracy-theories-that-actually-happened.html

Enjoy! or weep, depending on how they've affected your life ...
    Was it necessary to label all Republicans "stupid?" Not that I'm offended, as I'm not Republican. Just asking, why the provocative insult right out of the gate, especially when it has no bearing on what you were posting in the first place. It's as if you made up a thread about conspiracies, for the sole purpose of insulting a bunch of people. Ironically, it is you that seems to have such a penchant for pointing it out when a thread is supposedly out of place. Seems like this thread would belong in the "unprovoked insults" forum, if such a forum existed.
  3. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    11 Nov '12 07:481 edit
    Sorry if it came out personal. I'm a bit exasperated right now because everywhere I look in the media there are conspiracy theories popping up, and they all seem to be aimed at the Democrats. I'm sure there are an equally stupid lot of conspiracy theorists among the Democrats, they just aren't making so much noise right now. Too much negativity tips me off my wobbly mental perch and on those occasions I tend to shoot from the hip.

Still, at least we're having a break from faked moon landings ...
  4. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    11 Nov '12 10:312 edits
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Sorry if it came out personal. I'm a bit exasperated right now because everywhere I look in the media there are conspiracy theories popping up, and they all seem to be aimed at the Democrats. I'm sure there are an equally stupid lot of conspiracy theorists among the Democrats, they just aren't making so much noise right now. Too much negativity tips me off ...[text shortened]... to shoot from the hip.

Still, at least we're having a break from faked moon landings ...
    Ah, ok no problem. Thanks for saying. Yes, there are a lot of conspiracy theories being circulated right now. Similar to when Bush won the election vs. Gore. And btw, I'm baffled at how many adults really, truly believe that the moon landing was a hoax.

Some strongly believe that votes were stolen in favor of Obama. I don't believe one way or the other, but, I do know it's been reported that (a) Certain polling machines in at least NC, KS, and OH had a strange "glitch" where Obama was selected, even though the voter chose Romney, and (b) military absentee ballots were delayed, causing many military voters not to be able to vote.

http://www.examiner.com/article/voting-machines-kansas-ohio-reportedly-changing-romney-votes-to-obama

http://www.examiner.com/article/cast-aside-thousands-of-votes-from-our-military-troops-uncounted-or-missing
  5. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    11 Nov '12 12:45
    There seems to be two different conspiracy theories about Moon landings. One camp believes they were faked because we didn't have the technology or it isn't possible to do. The other camp believes there are alien bases on the Moon and or the Nazis had a Lunar base during WWII, and we go to the Moon all the time as it only takes 45 mins in the secret advanced craft we have.
  6. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    11 Nov '12 20:59
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    There seems to be two different conspiracy theories about Moon landings. One camp believes they were faked because we didn't have the technology or it isn't possible to do. The other camp believes there are alien bases on the Moon and or the Nazis had a Lunar base during WWII, and we go to the Moon all the time as it only takes 45 mins in the secret advanced craft we have.
    Stop being so paranoid.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Py_IndUbcxc&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DPy_IndUbcxc
  7. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    11 Nov '12 21:19
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    only the 1st is a conspiracy theory; the 2nd is totally true
  8. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    12 Nov '12 05:17
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=115126261980990&set=o.257064250975692&type=1&ref=nf
  9. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    13 Nov '12 02:432 edits
    How's this for a personal conspiracy theory I have. The Philadelphia experiment really happened, and we discovered that time travel. After that, we moved all time travel experiments underground and made the whole thing above top secret... even the President doesn't know. And guess what... those little grey aliens? They are human beings, after millions of years of evolution. We come here to visit ourselves, in order to try and prevent our race from making some big mistakes.

Did you ever see the alleged film footage of a grey alien autopsy? Remember that crystalline thing in its frontal lobe? That's our "internet" in the future which is beamed directly and wirelessly into our minds. Can you imagine how such a thing would advance our technology exponentially? A 4 year old kid would know more than Einstein learned in a lifetime.

Ok, turning the conspiracy theory switch back into the "off" position.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Nov '12 04:17
    Originally posted by sumydid
    Some strongly believe that votes were stolen in favor of Obama. I don't believe one way or the other, but, I do know it's been reported that (a) Certain polling machines in at least NC, KS, and OH had a strange "glitch" where Obama was selected, even though the voter chose Romney, and (b) military absentee ballots were delayed, causing many military voters not to be able to vote.
    [a] Any corroboration or evidence of this "it has been reported" stuff or is it just chatter in cyberspace? How many protests or showdowns with polling station staff were there when Republicans saw that their ballot had been cast for Obama? Surely there would have been hullballoos all over the place, all covered by local papers/radio/TV?

[ b ] You mean this issue: http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/11/military-absentee-ballots-delivered-one-day-late-would-have-swung-election-for-romney/ ?

Would you say you also "don't believe one way or the other" when it comes to the "when Bush won the election vs. Gore" thing?
  11. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    13 Nov '12 05:03
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Nov '12 08:221 edit
    How's this for a personal conspiracy theory I have. The Philadelphia experiment really happened, and we discovered that time travel. After that, we moved all time travel experiments underground and made the whole thing above top secret... even the President doesn't know. And guess what... those little grey aliens? They are human beings, after millions of in a lifetime.

Truth is stranger than fiction.
    Thing is if you believe any of this story you have to believe a whole bunch of other stuff as well.
    We know something strange is going on, but the powers that be certainly dont want the general populace to know what that is. Sometimes they will appear to give way and throw out a bit of revelation. This disformation is then usually used as a new thing ,(book, movie,ideology), to be packaged and labelled for consumption, while the general populace continues to miss the point entirely.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Nov '12 14:32
    How's this for a personal conspiracy theory I have. The Philadelphia experiment really happened, and we discovered that time travel. After that, we moved all time travel experiments underground and made the whole thing above top secret... even the President doesn't know. And guess what... those little grey aliens? They are human beings, after millions of ...[text shortened]... in a lifetime.

psssst, time travel is impossible.

Backwards, anyways.
  14. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    13 Nov '12 15:141 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    psssst, time travel is impossible.

Backwards, anyways.
    impossible is nothing, backwards or forward.
  15. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    17 Nov '12 19:281 edit
    Pot is legal in 2 states. These pot heads will have the munchies bad. There are no Twinkies to be found.
    Thusly the Zombie Apocalypse will take place.
    You might watch Zombieland. I think it's a documentary.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree